Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RPiServers - Better late than never Pi Day 2023!!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RPiServers - Better late than never Pi Day 2023!!!

2»

Comments

• @DataIdeas-Josh I want to pay for RPi 4. But you don't allow VPN. If I don't use VPN, I can't access your website as google recaptcha is banned in China.

I hope you can let me pay. I want to send money to you. Don't let me miss this activity.

• @DataIdeas-Josh 😭😭😭😭😭
    I want to send money to you. Don't let me down.
    I really want to experience RPi 4. I used US windows VPS order one in 4/4/2022, But it showed fraud. Today is the last day of piday2023. I want to catch it.

You can't reject a good customer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• @DataIdeas-Josh

Just cloese the ticket and don't consider for the customer's situation. If I don't use VPN, I can't pass the google recaptcha. Your attitude is bad. I will never visit your website.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@jiakai said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh

Just cloese the ticket and don't consider for the customer's situation. If I don't use VPN, I can't pass the google recaptcha. Your attitude is bad. I will never visit your website.

Be patient. You can't expect someone who offers super cheap servers to respond in 10 minutes. "timezones" are also a thing. It could be like 3:00 AM right now for Josh. He could be sleeping.

• jiakaijiakai Member
    edited April 2023

@BasToTheMax said:

@jiakai said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh

Be patient. You can't expect someone who offers super cheap servers to respond in 10 minutes. "timezones" are also a thing. It could be like 3:00 AM right now for Josh. He could be sleeping.

No, He just closed all my tickets. In my ticket, I tell my situation and express my difficulty.
    But he closed all my tickets and didn't reply anymore.

I've been very patient, but he hurt me.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@jiakai said: I've been very patient

Based on the timing of your comments here, I beg to differ :smiley:

• @BasToTheMax said:

@jiakai said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh

I've been quite patient already. I've explained my difficulties in the tickets, as Google reCAPTCHA is not accessible in China. If I don't use a VPN, I simply can't log in to their website. I'd prefer not to use a VPN when placing an order, but without it, I can't get past Google reCAPTCHA. If I turn off the VPN, Google reCAPTCHA won't even load at all.

• jiakaijiakai Member
    edited April 2023

https://imgur.com/a/qZL6fMq
    This is the evidence. I'm friendly.

@jiakai said:

Based on that screenshot and the response from the provider, you as a person might be friendly, but your actions might be not, and unacceptable to most :smiley:

• jiakaijiakai Member
    edited April 2023

@DP said:

@jiakai said:

Based on that screenshot and the response from the provider, you as a person might be friendly, but your actions might be not, and unacceptable to most :smiley:

Two tickets, one is generated in 4/4/2023. I just reply to it. and the other is generated in 4/6/2023. Why my action is unacceptable? I don't open a lot of tickets at a time. one of them is generated in 4/4/2023. I open a new ticket today just want the company to pay attention to. But the company didn't welcome me.🥲

I just like a 🤡

edited April 2023

@jiakai said:

@DP said:

@jiakai said:

Two tickets, one is generated in 4/4/2023. I just reply to it. and the other is generated in 4/6/2023. Why my action is unacceptable? I don't open a lot of tickets at a time. one of them is generated in 4/4/2023. I open a new ticket today just want the company to pay attention to. But the company didn't welcome me.🥲

I just like a 🤡

Providers "love" customers/users with a history of doing chargebacks :smiley:

Also, you get to choose who you want as your provider, and providers also gets to choose who they want to accept as their customer.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@jiakai said:

@BasToTheMax said:

@jiakai said:
    @DataIdeas-Josh

No, He just closed all my tickets. In my ticket, I tell my situation and express my difficulty.
    But he closed all my tickets and didn't reply anymore.

I've been very patient, but he hurt me.

We see you have a history of doing chargebacks against other providers.
    We don't allow the use of a VPN when signing up.
    You have put in 12 orders in less than 24hrs all over different VPNs.
    I know that clients from China can indeed make orders from us without VPN.
    Consistently begging us for service is not going to make us accept you as a client.

• jiakaijiakai Member
    edited April 2023

We see you have a history of doing chargebacks against other providers.

other providers? I just want a RPi 4, But they are all failed. So i try different proxies even I use my US windows VPS to put an order, but it still failed.

I know that clients from China can indeed make orders from us without VPN.

No, https://www.google.com/search?q=google+recaptcha+is+banned+in+China

If I don't use VPN, google recaptcha won't be passed, I just stucked in the page.

You have put in 12 orders in less than 24hrs all over different VPNs.

This is my difficulty. You can't use this as a reason to refuse me.

Consistently begging us for service is not going to make us accept you as a client.

I am a 🤡.

Bye. Let's put an end to this unpleasant subject.

I love how the user dodges the points about the chargebacks and multiple orders from different IPs/VPNs :smiley:

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax

@jiakai And now making another account under a different name doesn't help your case any more.
    Let alone if you say your in China. Why don't you use your China address instead of a fake address???

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

If I buy a rpi-dedi, would it be possible to install debian 11 on it? Or only Raspbian OS?

@BasToTheMax said:
    If I buy a rpi-dedi, would it be possible to install debian 11 on it? Or only Raspbian OS?

Will just need to put in a ticket and we can install any OS that supports the Raspberry Pi.

Raspbian is just a fork of Debian. Very similar to Ubuntu.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 2023

@BasToTheMax said:

FYI, mine was provisioned with Debian 11 in default.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@tedtomato said:
    Sorry to ask, but why someone would get a hosted Raspberry Pi? What's the use case?

I understand why someone would want to have a Raspberry Pi at home (cheap, small "server", GPIOs, fairly low power consumption etc.).

If it's to be hosted, why not go for a VPS server instead, as opposed to something fairly low spec, not designed to run 24x7 and running off an SD card?

Mostly due to "cheap" VPS comes with CPU limits.
    With a RPI. The whole thing is dedicated to you.
    Also if you want to add a drive or Thumb drive. You can. Just have to send us one or have it dropped shipped.

Sure, I understand the dedicated CPU (and "server") vs. a VPS with shared cores.

However, something running off an SD card will never be a proper "server", due to speed limitations but also wear/tear.

@tedtomato said:

@DataIdeas-Josh said:

@tedtomato said:
    Sorry to ask, but why someone would get a hosted Raspberry Pi? What's the use case?

I understand why someone would want to have a Raspberry Pi at home (cheap, small "server", GPIOs, fairly low power consumption etc.).

If it's to be hosted, why not go for a VPS server instead, as opposed to something fairly low spec, not designed to run 24x7 and running off an SD card?

Mostly due to "cheap" VPS comes with CPU limits.
    With a RPI. The whole thing is dedicated to you.
    Also if you want to add a drive or Thumb drive. You can. Just have to send us one or have it dropped shipped.

Sure, I understand the dedicated CPU (and "server") vs. a VPS with shared cores.

However, something running off an SD card will never be a proper "server", due to speed limitations but also wear/tear.

Never said its a proper "server" however I have RPi's thats been running for years on the same ole SD card.
    The RPi software also has gotten better about managing that AND having a good SD card makes a difference.
    But anyways a RPi has its uses much like a VPS.

@BasToTheMax said:

If you want a RPi and haven't gotten one there is one still available.