Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AdvinServers usa-lax outage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AdvinServers usa-lax outage

2»

Comments

• @Hxxx said:
    Always amuses me that people expect STELLAR , UNINTERRUPTED service when they are paying peanuts. Like you can't expect Azure/AWS with HA quality when you are paying budget or cheap. Just enjoy what you have and plan accordingly.

Yes, this is very cheap for what we're supposed to get, but it's not like we got it either :/

I'd rather spend twice as much for the same specs if they had better support, and turns out curiosity does ~kill~ hurt the cat.

• emghemgh Member
    edited April 2023

@Hxxx said:
    Always amuses me that people expect STELLAR , UNINTERRUPTED service when they are paying peanuts. Like you can't expect Azure/AWS with HA quality when you are paying budget or cheap. Just enjoy what you have and plan accordingly.

The "hundreds of businesses" that "rely on our hosting services on a daily basis" to "help power their services" at "6 different locations internationally" might feel differently lol

It's either inferiority complex or it's the other way around and Advin is the big boy in this scenario.

Though I agree with you, I just think it's just as amusing how hard "they" try to come across just as those same services you mentioned

• emghemgh Member

GPT-4 wrote a much better notice for their website, this will leave even the most critical website visitor rest assure that everything is taken care of in the small support gap:

Esteemed Advin Servers Patrons,

During [start date]-[end date], our venerated cadre shall be momentarily indisposed amidst a vital offsite colloquium. We humbly entreat magnanimity should unanticipated dilatory occurrences transpire.

In utmost deference,

The Advin Servers Team

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

Hello,

I can assure you that none of our locations are currently offline at this time. It is likely that your VM got stuck during the provisioning process or there was an error, which resulted in your VM not being created properly. Please note that such tickets are not eligible to be considered as a critical issues ticket, "If you opened a ticket about your order not being provisioned, please close your ticket immediately and open one in one of the normal departments." Your ticket will get looked at shortly, please note that there is also a 48 hour refund policy as outlined in our terms of service, if you would just like a refund.

@emgh

There are currently 3 main departments:

• Technical Support
    • Sales Support
    • Critical Issues

We receive a lot of support tickets, and these departments helps us organize different priorities. For example, Critical Issues are for tickets about extremely critical events, such as VM's being offline and therefore have the highest priority. Sales support are for general sales requests, which have the lowest priority out of the bunch. Technical support are for general technical support.

It's incredibly common, for even very small hosting providers, to have different departments in order to organize tickets accordingly.

@Nixx @asdatasd

We were having issues with the network due to capacity issues in Eygelshoven over the course of a few days. These have now since long been resolved and there have been no issues since. The reason for the London traceroute is that the geolocation is just wrong, since it's a new location. You can run a traceroute and see that it points to Skylink NL, or check the geolocation now, since most databases have been updated. You can also run a ping.sx, and see that the latency is lowest to NL.

@daycat

I will take a look at the WHMCS license. It keeps on just getting marked as "not authorized" every once in a while for some odd reason, I'll have to contact WHMCS support about that. My assumption is that it has something to do with our proxies. We never use or will use nulled software in our infrastructure. Usually, reissuing the license and forcing an update fixes it, which I have now done.

@JabJab

I apologize for the issues, we are currently looking into it. You are correct, it appears that it may be an issue with our upstream that we are tunneling too. We are working on getting rid of the tunnel shortly and moving to our own infrastructure.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Advin do you have a rough estimate when the NL tunnel issue might be fixed, today, tomorrow, multiple days? been up/down all day today, deciding if i should move my stuff to another server temporarily

@zako12 said:
    @Advin do you have a rough estimate when the NL tunnel issue might be fixed, today, tomorrow, multiple days? been up/down all day today, deciding if i should move my stuff to another server temporarily

We should have a resolution by tomorrow, but we are still working on it with one of our upstreams in NL.

• Hi advin, thanks for coming alive and addressing our questions

@Advin said:
    Hello,

I can assure you that none of our locations are currently offline at this time.

Can you please check this? I was referred to advin by a friend, and his VPS in the same location (Los Angeles) Also suffered network failure and is not accessible right now. I will be glad to provide my ticket number which is in the critical department as I thought it lies in the category of "network down", but I will remove it if you wish I do so. The VPS seems to have provisioned fine except the network, as the VNC indicates that the VPS is working but without network.

@daycat said:
    Hi advin, thanks for coming alive and addressing our questions

@Advin said:
    Hello,

Can you please check this? I was referred to advin by a friend, and his VPS in the same location (Los Angeles) Also suffered network failure and is not accessible right now. I will be glad to provide my ticket number which is in the critical department as I thought it lies in the category of "network down", but I will remove it if you wish I do so. The VPS seems to have provisioned fine except the network, as the VNC indicates that the VPS is working but without network.

Yes, what is their ticket number?

• @Advin said:

@daycat said:

@Advin said:
    Hello,

Hi, I was #063528, thanks for solving the issue.
    I'm not sure what their ticket number is, but I'll ask them.
    Thanks!

@daycat said:

@Advin said:

@daycat said:

@Advin said:
    Hello,

Hi, I was #063528, thanks for solving the issue.
    I'm not sure what their ticket number is, but I'll ask them.
    Thanks!

Yes, please give me your friend's ticket number so I can check.

• emghemgh Member

@Advin said: There are currently 3 main departments

@Advin said: It's incredibly common, for even very small hosting providers, to have different departments in order to organize tickets accordingly.

I'm just taking the piss. Forgive me.

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 2023

Mine with 32G RAM in NYC, bought ~3weeks ago, has been offline for about a week. The control panel marks it as ONLINE, while no-vnc failed to connect to it (permission denied) and there is no templates at all in Reinstall tab. I did expect some random reboots and several 1/2 ~ 1-day-long outages for such bargain price, but for a week? Maybe it is a little bit too long. Hopefully everything's gonna be fine.

edited April 2023

@noisycode said:
    Mine with 32G RAM in NYC, bought ~3weeks ago, has been offline for about a week. The control panel marks it as ONLINE, while no-vnc failed to connect to it (permission denied) and there is no templates at all in Reinstall tab. I did expect some random reboots and several 1/2 ~ 1-day-long outages for such bargain price, but for a week? Maybe it is a little bit too long. Hopefully everything's gonna be fine.

Hey, do you have a ticket number? We've been working on KVM Memory VPS, there's some instability in NY and we've been working for the past days to resolve any issues. It should not be offline, if you can send me a ticket number I'll take a look at it.

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited April 2023

@Advin said:

@noisycode said:

Hey, do you have a ticket number?

Thanks for the quick reply. Not yet and maybe will not have one either, 'cause I'm not using it at all. In fact, I really like your portal UI, and the pricing model, and the offers of course, so take your time, I'm more than happy to wait for quite some while. To clarify, I do have a product ID: 6088.

Thanked by 1Patriarch

@noisycode said:

@Advin said:

@noisycode said:

Hey, do you have a ticket number?

Thanks for the quick reply. Not yet and maybe will not have one either, 'cause I'm not using it at all. In fact, I really like your portal UI, and the pricing model, and the offers of course, so take your time, I'm more than happy to wait for quite some while. To clarify, I do have a product ID: 6088.

Should be back online, I made some changes to the VM. Thank you for your patience and I appreciate the feedback

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2023

@Advin said: I will take a look at the WHMCS license. It keeps on just getting marked as "not authorized" every once in a while for some odd reason, I'll have to contact WHMCS support about that. My assumption is that it has something to do with our proxies. We never use or will use nulled software in our infrastructure. Usually, reissuing the license and forcing an update fixes it, which I have now done.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1866705 usual bug from whmcs side :(