Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you tired of reading about Chris, CVPS, CC and the same shit all the time?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are you tired of reading about Chris, CVPS, CC and the same shit all the time?

I think that it's good to be informed, but there's a point when every story gets old and I don't want to hear about it all the time. Things are as they are and everyone has the right to make their own choices to decide if wants to be part of it.
Chris is not the reason why I am lowendtalk member and he doesn't directly affect me. But those threads do because that's forum content I'm fed up and frustrated with. It's nothing sensational, it's nothing inspiring just same old shit I don't want to be reminded at all the time.

Endless Story
  1. Are you tired of reading about Chris, CVPS, CC and the same shit at lowendtalk.com all the time?131 votes
    1. Yes. Stop hurting my eyes, pls!
      38.93%
    2. No. I want moar!
      40.46%
    3. Who's Chris?
      20.61%

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm tired of reading about vps and web servers. Seriously it's like all anyone talks about here. Read the manual people.

• LET is boring without drama.

• Those threads make me want going out of the bed every morning!

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

I'm tired every time I load LET, there is always new thread about CVPS/Chris. Please stop.

• You can cover your eyes but it won't make everything around you disappear.

Peekaboo!

• Bloody hell mate, if you don't like the threads, don't read'em and leave the people who are interested in them alone.

Thanked by 1pluush
    edited December 2013

This thread is now about group therapy for the butt hurt among us who simply cannot ignore a forum thread. Oh nvm that's what it was always about :)

Here, have a tissue. The violin player is stuck in traffic, he will be here later.

Thanked by 2taronyu vRozenSch00n
  • I'm just tired, does that count?

• This stuff does directly affect me as I'm a cvps customer and I'm still sick of it. I have 3 VMs with them and they all work great and I've had good customer service experiences with all my tickets.

• @joereid said:
    This stuff does directly affect me as I'm a cvps customer and I'm still sick of it. I have 3 VMs with them and they all work great and I've had good customer service experiences with all my tickets.

That doesn't make sense.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well it may be a surprise but I don't mind them, I just mind the obsessive/aggressive/mob mentality/if your not with us your against us/dare to disagree and I will fuck you up way they are presented.

And what is the desired outcome, really? you want Chris to die? would that make you happy? because honestly that is how it comes across.

• @Zen said:

You understand this thread itself falls under the same category?

I do. But it's not completely the same. It does not talk about Chris directly but how do you, as community member, personally feel about all these threads all the time.

• I'm saying as a cvps customer I should want to read all the dirt on them. But it's just too much.

• I'm fairly new around here so my exposure so far has been pretty minimal however...I have no issue with them. I have more problems with the people complaining about the threads than the threads themselves. Not everything needs a comment, if you don't want to read the thread, then just move along.

• Frankly threads bashing CVPS and Chris have been on this forum for at least the past year. If you don't like them, then ignore them. You don't have to read what people post. Stop complaining, and just save yourself the trouble and move on.

Mun

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited December 2013

I'm OK with all the drama. Denial of corruption and fraud is a daily consumption in my country.

I'm just observing and mark who I might recommend or do business with in the future or who to avoid to do business in the future.

Oh, yes. Integrity of the people does count. But hey, this is the Internet. If my dog can use a computer, it might pretend to be me and get away with it.

• im afraid this will infect to other providers, i learned a word today, its 'backfire' .

• I wouldn't get rid of them all, but really the 'investigative reporting' done in most of them is quite half-assed and belongs in cesspit. I'd like to think the OPs aren't attention seekers and actually value truth, but at the rate and tone this is going it seems less likely every day.

• Needs to keep going. You people latch onto it like a hungry fish going after bait and it eats up all your attention, meanwhile I can have my hands in most of the companies of the community and no one's the wiser.

Thanked by 1tchen
  • As long as CC owns LEB/LET, these stories will appear again and again. Live with it or leave this place.

I just wonder how it happened in the first place, if CC did not do anything wrong.

• mpkossen said: I'm just tired, does that count?

Sure. Imagine you're the gate keeper, and there is a stampede.

• @eLohkCalb said:
    As long as CC owns LEB/LET, these stories will appear again and again. Live with it or leave this place.

Let's not play that card because those of us who are tired with the dribble (our point of view anyways) could say the same. "If you don't like CC that much and are willing to be disruptive to the other 50% of members, then just leave." But I really don't want to see that. I'd rather everyone just take a step back, breathe some fresh air, and hug.

Right now, it just seems to be the 'in' thing to hate CC - we're getting people tripping over themselves trying to outdo each other on getting the scoop. Half of it probably belongs in cesspit - and the other half.. well, we're just trying to ask nicely to keep it in one 'CC investigation thread' or something easily identifiable. Veiling it in a meta topic like jarland's last one is annoying.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Whether it's annoying or not, it is relevant to every provider here. So yes, it should be discussed. The thread titles should just be clear on the subject matter so those who are annoyed will avoid those threads.

• I don't like the current mood that you have to decide on which side you are.
    I can understand the ones saying "I have said this for months!!!!!"
    and I can understand the ones that are not able to say that they were wrong.

This lasts too long and too much was said that cannot be withdrawn.

If this would be about politics it would be a - nice to watch - mud wrestling but this is about a lie splitting the community.
    A lie which will not be dead and buried without consequences.

So this has to be discussed - for the sake to find an end.

• If you don't like to read about it, ignore it, don't read it. It's very simple. Many are interested in this issue. I am interested as well, not only because I have accounts (and services) with some of the companies indirectly involved (apparently), but also because I believe this to be something which we consumers shouldn't just ignore. It's all a pretty rotten mess, it seems. Untangling it benefits us in the end.
    And everything else, yaddayadyaydya...can't be bothered to write anything else ;D

Thanked by 2Jeffrey vRozenSch00n
  • I would really like to dismiss threads in general and not just announcements..would use it very often here. Basically I just need the offers and tuts section.

• skagerrakskagerrak Member
    edited December 2013

@chrisp said:
    I would really like to dismiss threads in general and not just announcements..would use it very often here. Basically I just need the offers and tuts section.

Then why don't you make use of the rss-feed of that two sections?

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2013

Personally yes, I'm very tired of these type of threads. But at the same time I can understand the motivation of people who drive them, and I can understand why some current clients are interested.

But unfortunately these threads are destroying the community. They breed an atmosphere of distrust, anger and recrimination.

Saying "Just ignore it" doesn't work I'm afraid. It's like trying to have a pleasant conversation with someone while the people standing next to you are engaged in a heated, name-calling debate.

I don't know what the solution is, but if something isn't tried soon then all the conversationalists will leave, and the arguers will eventually destroy themselves.

The threads are destroying the community? No. The fact that we have to make them because people would actually take advantage of the community in such ways, THAT is destroying the community. Playing dumb about it won't solve it. I created that thread to share new information that customers here need to know. Period.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited December 2013

jarland said: The threads are destroying the community? No. The fact that we have to make them because people would actually take advantage of the community in such ways, THAT is destroying the community. Playing dumb about it won't solve it. I created that thread to share new information that customers here need to know. Period.

And that is your opinion. Jarland, I've said I understand the motivation. I am not playing dumb. What I'm saying is that this kind of ongoing public accusation and argument is not the way to solve the problem. That's MY opinion, I don't claim it's the absolute truth, but I'm entitled to it. Period.

Thanked by 2jar vRozenSch00n