Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVHcloud] Flash Sale: 44% Lifetime off New India Dedicated Servers & more! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVHcloud] Flash Sale: 44% Lifetime off New India Dedicated Servers & more!

2»

Comments

• Their service support is too bad. it's only good price but i think they will be wiped out soon

Thanked by 1Page
  • looks great

Thanked by 1hezekiahshare
  • OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2023

@jon617 said:

@OVH_APAC said: To answer your question, yes you still get the discount after the 6 months

After receiving the first month's invoice, why does it say only applicable for 12 times next to the monthly prices? Means a price increase is occurs after 12 months?

Hi @jon617 , we can confirm that the discount is recurring. You may ignore the mention, we have feedback internally to fix the statement.

@jasabacklink said:
    I have ordered on this website. and waiting 1 week but there is no clarity about my order.
    I took the promo to try. but the service is very old and bad
    even though I want to take a bigger package. but I've been disappointed. my order no is 15182270
    I pay with paypal. and my funds have been held

Hi @jasabacklink , do you have a ticket reference number to share? We will help to look into it if you could share. Thanks!

Thanked by 2jon617 sdsbirdman
  • My friends and I found a bug. You can't give access to another IP in the tab "Backup storage". There must be a field below "Block concern" but it isn't.

• The renewal issue is still not fixed.

• @Azenot said:
    The renewal issue is still not fixed.

It's not an issue? Its a display issue, doesn't affect anything at all.

@Azenot said:
    My friends and I found a bug. You can't give access to another IP in the tab "Backup storage". There must be a field below "Block concern" but it isn't.

Hi @Azenot, could you share the ticket number for this?

@Azenot said:

@TomasSystems said:

@Azenot said:

It's not an issue? Its a display issue, doesn't affect anything at all.

Indeed, this is a display issue

• AzenotAzenot Member
    edited April 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

Definitely a display issue. Please stop lying. Is PayPal also have a display bug? You offer recurring server GAME-1 for $59.99 per month but in the next month ask for $119.99.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@OVH_APAC

I got a Rise LE1 and it is due for renewal. I got it on month to month and paid the setup fees.

On renewal it says the price is only valid 12 times?

-2x SSD NVMe 960GB Datacenter Class Soft RAID rental for 1 month **(only applicable for 12 times)** -32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz rental for 1 month **(only applicable for 12 times)** -RISE -Unlimited traffic

Can we expect a price increase after 12 months?

@Azenot said:

@OVH_APAC said:

Definitely a display issue. Please stop lying. Is PayPal also have a display bug? You offer recurring server GAME-1 for $59.99 per month but in the next month ask for $119.99.

Hi @Azenot , do you have a ticket created? Could you PM us the ticket ref details to investigate? Thanks

@JamesF said:
    @OVH_APAC

I got a Rise LE1 and it is due for renewal. I got it on month to month and paid the setup fees.

On renewal it says the price is only valid 12 times?

-2x SSD NVMe 960GB Datacenter Class Soft RAID rental for 1 month **(only applicable for 12 times)** -32GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz rental for 1 month **(only applicable for 12 times)** -RISE -Unlimited traffic

Can we expect a price increase after 12 months?

Hi @JamesF , could you create a ticket and share it with us via PM so that we can look into your order. Thanks!

• 100Mbps Public Bandwidth Unmetered

why cant 1 gbps?

• PagePage Member

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/ovhcloud.com
    🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• On renewal it says the price is only valid 12 times?

Was wondering the same after seeing the same message. Should everyone create a support ticket or we could wait for James' ticket results?

• emghemgh Member

This has been mentioned on every OVH thread in the last maybe 6 months

They’ve never fixed it

I’m really interested in what’ll actually be the case in 12 months

I have saved a written statement on a ticket where they confirm it’s recurring after 12 months

I’m sure they’ll stand by their word

But I’m not 100 % sure I won’t have to ask to refund and reapply the discount in maybe 6-8 months or whatever’s left

Seems their billing system is very complex, them trying to fix this for months is proof

I think, though, that it’s a combintion of a really complex billing system with all of their regions, currencies etc, as well as segregated staff where contact between finance, support & programmers is very limited

• LeviLevi Member

Typical corporative bullshit "we will do X". And when time comes to pay due for services they just add "communication error" and you pay or go in silence.

Such beghemoth like ovh should have qos teams, even divisions for such bugs. Sometimes one man shows are better ran than ovh. Sad.

• @emgh said: I’m really interested in what’ll actually be the case in 12 months

Others and me had this problem already on OVHs 2021 BF deals so I can at least report that those prices did not change and still recur. Now "past performance is no indication for future performance" and with OVH you never really know what will happen tomorrow so ymmv.

Thanked by 2emgh vaviloff
  • emghemgh Member
    edited August 2023

@OhJohn said:

@emgh said: I’m really interested in what’ll actually be the case in 12 months

Others and me had this problem already on OVHs 2021 BF deals so I can at least report that those prices did not change and still recur. Now "past performance is no indication for future performance" and with OVH you never really know what will happen tomorrow so ymmv.

Thanks for that

Yeah, I do not believe in any way that they'll try to get away with anything by purpose, I just believe that we can never be sure that their internal communication etc is 100 % perfect

But I definitely believe there's a chance it'll stay without any intervention

@emgh said:

@OhJohn said:

Thanks for that

Yeah, I do not believe in any way that they'll try to get away with anything by purpose, I just believe that we can never be sure that their internal communication etc is 100 % perfect

Hello @emgh , LET community,
    I can confirm that on dedicated servers our offers are recurring (valid until server cancellation). So if you had a 12-month contract at 50$ per month, you will keep the 50$/m as long as you keep the server with the same commitment too.
    Regarding the misleading info on the invoice showing " only valid 12 times", I will take this internally again to speed up resolution.

Thanked by 2vaviloff emgh
  • FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2023

@OVH_APAC said:

@emgh said:

@OhJohn said:

Thanks for that

Hello @emgh , LET community,
    I can confirm that on dedicated servers our offers are recurring (valid until server cancellation). So if you had a 12-month contract at 50$ per month, you will keep the 50$/m as long as you keep the server with the same commitment too.
    Regarding the misleading info on the invoice showing " only valid 12 times", I will take this internally again to speed up resolution.

Hey!
    In theory we are fine, practice is killing us.
    I have an OVH Game server taken by BF in 2021 and I have the 2nd year of active commitment.
    Although I don't think I have received any information in this regard, this month the bill for the respective dedicated server is 8 EUR higher.

I opened ticket #8236129 2 days ago, but no one bothered to answer until now.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited August 2023

@FlorinMarian said: Although I don't think I have received any information in this regard, this month the bill for the respective dedicated server is 8 EUR higher.

Isn't that the general price adjustment of all servers regarding inflation & energy costs that occurred at OVH? (see https://blog.ovhcloud.com/ovhcloud-price-adjustments-in-2022-and-2023/ )

But then I wonder why you have to pay 8 Euros more this month but not last month or in January 2023....

So in theory if e.g. you would have ordered a special priced server at $50 in 2021 (that is normally priced at $70), it would be about $55 now since end of 2022/beginning of 2023 due to their ~10% inflation/energy costs price adjustment...

• Do you offer bank transfers for India?

@rahulbose98 said:
    Do you offer bank transfers for India?

Hello @rahulbose98 ,
    In some particular cases we can arrange for this, I would suggest you to send me a private message with your account number / or contact details and will request a sales person to contact you back. alternatively you can fill up the form here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/contact/

Thanked by 1rahulbose98
  • @OVH_APAC said:

@rahulbose98 said:
    Do you offer bank transfers for India?

Hello @rahulbose98 ,
    In some particular cases we can arrange for this, I would suggest you to send me a private message with your account number / or contact details and will request a sales person to contact you back. alternatively you can fill up the form here: https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/contact/

thanks, I will get in touch.

• MMXMMX Member

Adv-1 (Mumbai)

Intel Xeon-E 2386G 6c/12t - 3.5GHz/4.7GHz
    32GB DDR4 ECC 3200MHz
    2 x 512GB NVMe SSD or 2 x 4TB softRAID SATA HDD
    1Gbps Public Bandwidth 25TB Limited Traffic
    1Gbps Private Bandwidth Unmetered
    Anti-DDoS included
    India, Mumbai location
    From US$67.99 ex.GST/month

sold out?