Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InterServer - VPS & Dedicated Offers - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InterServer - VPS & Dedicated Offers

Comments

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

@mycloud said:

@interservermike said:

@mycloud said:

@interservermike said:

@OhJohn said:
    @interservermike any chance of the dual xeon e5-2697v2 w/ 256gb coming back in stock? Probably not as those were a small amount of remainders, I assume?

Somehow I wasn't fast enough this time...

OhJohn.... we got two more. https://my.interserver.net/order_dedicated?c=2697v2-AS1298-4381

2x E5-2697v2
    256GB Memory
    2 x 2TB SSD
    150TB Transfer
    1 IP

OOS. What was the price and any plan to restock?

i got one that's very similar.

2x E5-2690v2
    256GB Memory
    2 x 2TB SSD
    150TB Transfer
    1 IP

https://my.interserver.net/order_dedicated?c=E5-2690v2-AS4351

OOS again. What was the price?

$129

Thanked by 1mycloud
  • @Chalipa said:
    Please add this promo for https://www.interserver.net/storage/

I wish!

• Just activated a 4-slice KVM Storage VPS. The ordering page said that none of the three data centers had KVM storage slots available, but I just did it anyway and the VPS was activated after only a couple of minutes in "pending setup" status. Slackware isn't in the list of options for OS reinstall, but you can make the VPS boot from an arbitrary CD/DVD ISO URL, so I assume this is the way to make this happen, seems pretty smooth experience so far

• kenjing789kenjing789 Member
    edited March 2023

Do you allow torrent or private tracker ?
    Is Bandwidth count both in and out ?

• @vonunov said:
    Just activated a 4-slice KVM Storage VPS. The ordering page said that none of the three data centers had KVM storage slots available, but I just did it anyway and the VPS was activated after only a couple of minutes in "pending setup" status. Slackware isn't in the list of options for OS reinstall, but you can make the VPS boot from an arbitrary CD/DVD ISO URL, so I assume this is the way to make this happen, seems pretty smooth experience so far

The order page still says none of the data centers have any KVM Storage VPS available. However, it's not possible to bypass and still proceed/order.

• @tedtomato said:
    The order page still says none of the data centers have any KVM Storage VPS available. However, it's not possible to bypass and still proceed/order.

Agreed, says sold out. Maybe @interservermike is willing to restock some storage VMs?

• @Actavus said:

@tedtomato said:

Agreed, says sold out. Maybe @interservermike is willing to restock some storage VMs?

We can all be hopeful!

• @Actavus said:

@tedtomato said:

Support told me to check again in 48 hours...@interservermike, are you expecting to restock soon?

• Hi,do public torrents are allowed?

• fuqetfuqet Member
    edited April 2023

@interservermike storage vps are not available. Just wondering if some stock will be available any time soon?

Thank you

@fuqet said:
    @interservermike storage vps are not available. Just wondering if some stock will be available any time soon?

Thank you

it is available again.

• Hi.

Any "KVM Storage VPS" or "Storage Hosting" available in a European Datacenter?

Thanks

Thanked by 1Chulainn
  • Interserver does not have EU locations.

• @interservermike said: it is available again.

>

I want one, but discount only 10% now!

• @hostkar said:

@interservermike said: it is available again.

>

I want one, but discount only 10% now!

Yep, their storage VPS were mainly out of scope when the discount was 50%. It was just a matter of luck to get one...

• this offshore?

• JabJabJabJab Member

Yes this offshore.

at least for me as I am from Europe

• foxtarefoxtare Member

@DigitalFyre said:
    Interserver does not have EU locations.

At one point I meditated to sign with them. They are the closest thing to Hetzner in North America.

I didn't because in the end, legal and latency arguments were more powerful, and banks normally charge a fee for transatlantic purchases, Doesn't matter whether if it's a US or Canada enterprise you're doing business with.

• @dav848 said:
    Hi,do public torrents are allowed?

im also interested in the answer

We are in the United States.

• We host a handful of WordPress websites for local businesses and churches, they contain a normal amount of pictures and minimal videos.

Does a 10Gb port provide better gtmetrix scores?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @KatyComputer said:
    We host a handful of WordPress websites for local businesses and churches, they contain a normal amount of pictures and minimal videos.

Does a 10Gb port provide better gtmetrix scores?

No, a faster port speed would only come into play if you have enough traffic that a 1Gbit port would be fully saturated. That's almost certainly not going to be the case with a handful of WordPress sites.

The bigger determinants of performance would be the load on the server (e.g., how much contention there is for CPU, memory, and disk resources from other clients, and how well the provider handles this) and the general quality of the provider's uplinks to the Internet.

I use InterServer mostly for backups, so I can't tell you how good their general hosting packages are, but they seem to know what they're doing.

• Thanks aj_potc. It is still early days for my relationship with Interserver, their offerings and expertise reminds me of my early days with Steadfast at 350 Cermak. That is a good thing. At some point Steadfast became too big to serve my clients, their network performance was (and probably still is) remarkable.

Thanked by 1interservermike
  • bulabula Member

Interserver has been around for many years. Extremely reliable and trustworthy provider. Too bad they do not offer Dedicated servers in the west coast as I sure would have chosen them over others for my business.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@bula said: Interserver has been around for many years.

Tell me about it.

Took a peek at my mailbox and could find some tickets with them 16 years ago :smiley:

• bulabula Member

Mike and John were the founders of InterServer. Initial days I had used them when I first got into hosting business back in the hay days wow that was long long time ago. Glad to see they have grown with success yet still maintaining their grass roots with quality service.

• gumnosgumnos Member

Just wanted to mention that, even though I missed the happybirthdaylala discount, I've been pleased with my Interserver storage instance. Support has been quick (and competent, which is just as important) to resolve the issues I've had so far. Even without the discount, I haven't seen anybody else provide storage servers at a similar price-point. I installed FreeBSD using the custom-ISO option, uptime has been good, and I haven't had any performance issues for the light usage (several jails).

Thanked by 1claudio
  • tsofttsoft Member

do you have any abuse department? how to report IP?

Report by email - no response.

Here captcha does not work, looks like a bug
    https://www.interserver.net/contact.php

@tsoft said:
    do you have any abuse department? how to report IP?

Report by email - no response.

Here captcha does not work, looks like a bug
    https://www.interserver.net/contact.php

thanks for the 1-star trust pilot review!