Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheap, low end, but with 5TB+ transfer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheap, low end, but with 5TB+ transfer?

I'm looking for a place to host a restreamer instance. I have a number of game cameras and I've been streaming to youtube but this is unreliable, when the stream disconnects for a bit youtube stops accepting new traffic. I'm wanting to host a restreamer instance on a VPS but will need something like 2-3TB per month and sometimes more during certain seasons, like eagle/osprey hatcing season when more people will grab the stream.

I'd would just do a cheap lightsail instance, but the 1-2TB is a concern.

Anyone have advice on a similarly cheap <=$5 instance that allows this amount of data transfer?

Comments

• tjntjn Member

Hetzner cloud - 20TB per month in your budget.
    https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

Thanked by 1loay
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@syadnom said:
    I'm looking for a place to host a restreamer instance. I have a number of game cameras and I've been streaming to youtube but this is unreliable, when the stream disconnects for a bit youtube stops accepting new traffic. I'm wanting to host a restreamer instance on a VPS but will need something like 2-3TB per month and sometimes more during certain seasons, like eagle/osprey hatcing season when more people will grab the stream.

I'd would just do a cheap lightsail instance, but the 1-2TB is a concern.

Anyone have advice on a similarly cheap <=$5 instance that allows this amount of data transfer?

Our NVMe plans fit your requirements. Looking glass is here.

• ExtraVM for unmetered bandwidth!

Thanked by 2BingoBongo MikeA
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Sounds cool. I used to have a sky cam for nighttime view streaming (meteor detection and stuff) but could never get he ideal setup for it streaming outside 24/7. How are you streaming game cams? Over LTE network? Or are these wired close to your home?

I have 25% off recurring on all US plans, code is on my site, four US locations to pick one with lowest latency to you.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

Hetzner Cloud (up to 10-40Gbps, 20TB),
    BuyVM Slice (up to 10Gbps for Premier account, Unmetered with FUP - 20TB-30TB will be fine for $3.5 VPS plan),
    Netcup VPS line (up to 1Gbps, 80TB, only Germany),
    OVH (true unmetered, very slow support).

All of them top, reliable providers.

You can also get 1.5GB VPS from my signature if you dont need tens of TB traffic. $16.88/year for 3TB traffic and you can double it to 6TB by requesting it on RackNerd thread. Using them for 2 years, reliable.

• @AXYZE said: Hetzner Cloud (up to 10-40Gbps, 20TB),

Not 10Gbit/s?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited March 2023

@EthanZou said:

@AXYZE said: Hetzner Cloud (up to 10-40Gbps, 20TB),

Not 10Gbit/s?

Nah, its 40Gbit per node, but you never see that as its shared and networks are congested easily. That's why I wrote 10-40Gbps instead of 40Gbps.

Examples:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/184475/hetzner-vs-netcup-vs-php-friends-review-and-yabs
    NovoServe | North Holland, NL (40G) | 11.3 Gbits/sec | 11.3 Gbits/sec | 10.1 ms

https://gist.github.com/AleksaDjordjic/e540575b440986587354bb1b695c8dfe
    WorldStream | The Netherlands (10G) | 12.3 Gbits/sec | busy

Thanked by 1nick_
  • kdhkdh Member

Kimsufi KS-1

• @MikeA said:
    Sounds cool. I used to have a sky cam for nighttime view streaming (meteor detection and stuff) but could never get he ideal setup for it streaming outside 24/7. How are you streaming game cams? Over LTE network? Or are these wired close to your home?

Multiple different cameras on various services including a tmobile lte, a wisp, and a fiber service.

Using restreamer to injest camera feeds on-network and transmit them out. restreamer again injests those feeds and hosts them w/ a player so they can be embedded in an iframe on a number of wordpress sites.

Thanked by 1MikeA
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@syadnom what location you looking for?
    @bruh21 thank you for the shoutout!

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited March 2023

Lol. I thought you were talking about video games streaming like Twitch. I think this is a first I've seen.

And, I imagine the answer will be RackNerd special with double bandwidth.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:
    Lol. I thought you were talking about video games streaming like Twitch. I think this is a first I've seen.

And, I imagine the answer will be RackNerd special with double bandwidth.

Its what a lot of these 24/hr streams on YouTube do.
    And 2-3TB/m bandwidth usage aint much.

• TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

Neat! Reminds me of projects I've done with Multistreamer and Open Streaming Platform.

If you're still looking, perhaps one of the options from our recent offer post in Chicago might fit your needs. Such as:

1GB SSD KVM / 2x vCPU / 1GB RAM / 15GB SSD / 5TB Bandwidth | $15/year
    2GB SSD KVM / 2x vCPU / 2GB RAM / 25GB SSD / 8TB Bandwidth | $24/year