Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12GB RAM 500GB HDD OpenVZ $5/m | SSD KVM | Dedi Servers | Chicago, IL - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

12GB RAM 500GB HDD OpenVZ $5/m | SSD KVM | Dedi Servers | Chicago, IL

2»

Comments

• @YukonBlonde said: Will I have some sort of remote desktop capability to manage this instance?

Standard way of accessing a Virtual Machine that has no desktop environment is through SSH - Secure Socket Shell. You can use Windows CMD to SSH into a machine or download software for it such as PuTTY.

If you're looking to have 'remote desktop' capabilities you'll need to install a desktop environment onto the VM through SSH then install a VNC Server on the VM. Once you've done that you can use a VNC Client on your computer to remotely access that Desktop Environment.

• Thank you! This does put my mind at ease as I have dabbled a little bit with Orcacle Free Tier Cloud VPS. But now looking for a more powerful hardware.

• Signed up this morning, pretty happy so far.

Running a desktop in the cloud I think is next level, mainly due to the limitations with being able to have the screen really smooth for your remote user, I think you need a graphics card on the host machine and maybe some proprietary software, like parsec, that said for sure, you can do it, I've just never had to the point where I want to use it for more than a few minutes. Curious to hear what others say,

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@YukonBlonde said:
    Thank you! This does put my mind at ease as I have dabbled a little bit with Orcacle Free Tier Cloud VPS. But now looking for a more powerful hardware.

Might could try this, though it hasn’t been updated in a while
    https://github.com/Har-Kuun/OneClickDesktop

• I am now paying for this VPS and must say it's a pretty good deal. I contacted customer support and they replied promply enough (within a day) and after a couple weeks I haven't had any downtime.

Downside of the shared CPU and HDD only storage is that at times it can get slooooooow (like one time it took 6 minuets to bring down a simple docker container) but considering this is for hobby use and not for server deploys it's completely fine. Having access to 12GB of ram and 500GB of storage easily makes up for it being slow at times.

Thanked by 1TNAHosting
  • BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Can OpenVZ run docker?

• @BasToTheMax said:
    Can OpenVZ run docker?

Yes! I'm running a few docker containers on my one.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @BasToTheMax said:
    Can OpenVZ run docker?

OpenVZ is basically just a normal distro install, just with shared resources. You shouldn't notice anything different ergonomically from KVM besides that you can't use a custom kernel or iso.

Thanked by 1BasToTheMax
  • @BasToTheMax said:
    Can OpenVZ run docker?

I'm running portainer with a few containers and all is well.

• Happy so far with the performance of TNA, what I would like though is the ability to reinstall myself the OS through a panel if I need to (please let me know if I missed that option).

• TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

@asdatasd said:
    Happy so far with the performance of TNA, what I would like though is the ability to reinstall myself the OS through a panel if I need to (please let me know if I missed that option).

We do have this functionality via SolusVM! https://solusvm.tnahosting.net/login.php
    Login credentials should be in your "New Server Information" email. If you have any issues getting the OS reinstalled, just drop a ticket and we'd be happy to help.

• zeszes Member

can i run n8n with ovz?

• @TNAHosting said:

@asdatasd said:
    Happy so far with the performance of TNA, what I would like though is the ability to reinstall myself the OS through a panel if I need to (please let me know if I missed that option).

We do have this functionality via SolusVM! https://solusvm.tnahosting.net/login.php
    Login credentials should be in your "New Server Information" email. If you have any issues getting the OS reinstalled, just drop a ticket and we'd be happy to help.

Oh! I found that email, that's awesome. thank you!

• Are custom isos supported? I'd like to load RedHat and possibly openbsd at will.

Is traffic between hosts metered? I'm contemplating 2 or more of the "compute" hosts and 1 or more storage host, and there will intra cluster traffic.

• TNAHostingTNAHosting Member, Patron Provider

@qquccs said:
    Are custom isos supported? I'd like to load RedHat and possibly openbsd at will.

Is traffic between hosts metered? I'm contemplating 2 or more of the "compute" hosts and 1 or more storage host, and there will intra cluster traffic.

Custom ISOs are supported on the SSD KVM plans (via ticket request), but the OpenVZ plans are limited to the templates we have available.

Traffic between hosts would be metered and counted towards your bandwidth allocation.

• Really so far after testing and reinstalling several OS we have to say that it is going very well, really surprised and very pleasantly. We are testing VPS based on SolusVM and everything is very fast, the only downside is that the number of distributions is very limited, some based on In Centos they bring some things pre-installed and you have to remove and adapt them to install some systems based on LAMP, etc. As for the support, it goes well and is friendly at all times, sometimes it takes a while but within normality, we hope that everything remains the same, up to now fully satisfactory and recommendable, highlighting the speed in the entire process, both in the management of the purchase, such as the installation and speed of the VPS

Thanked by 1TNAHosting