Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

rocket.net info? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

rocket.net info?

2»

Comments

• @rocketben said:
    Hi!

Just wanted to clear the air on a few things.

First, there was a bit of miss communication / confusion on what was relayed about our servers (from our side).

We do not own the data centers, we own our cloud. What does that mean? We don’t suffer from noisy neighbor problems on commodity cloud, we manage everything from the CPU to the disk inside of our own private cloud leveraging bare metal servers with our own virtualization from Enterprise providers.

This allows us to provide our customers with the best possible performance as we don’t have to worry about someone else using our CPU or disk throughput. Just today I read something on the admin bar about WPEngine telling a customer they had to move their sites to another instance (themselves) due to a noisy neighbor on Amazon that WPEngine couldn’t control.

Second, we are not “cheap”, but we are most certainly affordable. Unlike Kinsta, who is now quietly backed by private equity (https://www.crunchbase.com/funding_round/kinsta-wordpress-hosting-private-equity--2bac1c3f) and raised their prices to appease private equity and I’m sure more are to follow.

We are fully bootstrapped and profitable. How? We built a solution that flat out did not exist. If you think our USP is “Cloudflare” you’re definitely mistaken.

We’ve built an incredible platform that leverages Cloudflare Enterprise in front of said platform unlike any other company in the planet… but there’s much more to us than just Cloudflare.

From unique features like activity logging, to what I consider the best support on the planet, our customers are extremely satisfied with our end to end solution.

Happy to answer any questions outside of what wasn’t covered above.

Sounds like a deal for LET is in order ;)

• @Gravely said:

@rocketben said:
    Hi!

Just wanted to clear the air on a few things.

First, there was a bit of miss communication / confusion on what was relayed about our servers (from our side).

We do not own the data centers, we own our cloud. What does that mean? We don’t suffer from noisy neighbor problems on commodity cloud, we manage everything from the CPU to the disk inside of our own private cloud leveraging bare metal servers with our own virtualization from Enterprise providers.

This allows us to provide our customers with the best possible performance as we don’t have to worry about someone else using our CPU or disk throughput. Just today I read something on the admin bar about WPEngine telling a customer they had to move their sites to another instance (themselves) due to a noisy neighbor on Amazon that WPEngine couldn’t control.

Second, we are not “cheap”, but we are most certainly affordable. Unlike Kinsta, who is now quietly backed by private equity (https://www.crunchbase.com/funding_round/kinsta-wordpress-hosting-private-equity--2bac1c3f) and raised their prices to appease private equity and I’m sure more are to follow.

We are fully bootstrapped and profitable. How? We built a solution that flat out did not exist. If you think our USP is “Cloudflare” you’re definitely mistaken.

We’ve built an incredible platform that leverages Cloudflare Enterprise in front of said platform unlike any other company in the planet… but there’s much more to us than just Cloudflare.

From unique features like activity logging, to what I consider the best support on the planet, our customers are extremely satisfied with our end to end solution.

Happy to answer any questions outside of what wasn’t covered above.

Sounds like a deal for LET is in order ;)

They cater to high-end clients only, so maybe there won't be any deals for LET.
    But probably, we have other providers here in LET that can compete and provide same or even better speed, performance, support than them

• @kidrock said: But probably, we have other providers here in LET that can compete and provide same or even better speed, performance, support than them

Maybe something like @speedypage WordPress hosting? It includes BunnyCDN. Unlimited BW, and Unlimited Domains.

Thanked by 2Aytch kidrock
  • @febryanvaldo said:

@kidrock said: But probably, we have other providers here in LET that can compete and provide same or even better speed, performance, support than them

Maybe something like @speedypage WordPress hosting? It includes BunnyCDN. Unlimited BW, and Unlimited Domains.

Where did you find this plan? On their site, Enterprise plan has Unlimited Space, 4GB memory and 2 CPU cores.

And yes, it would be great to see the results if anyone in here has tested and compared between Rocket and Speedypage (half the price).

• @kidrock said: Where did you find this plan? On their site, Enterprise plan has Unlimited Space, 4GB memory and 2 CPU cores.

It's WordPress Hosting. https://speedypage.com/wordpress-hosting

@kidrock said: And yes, it would be great to see the results if anyone in here has tested and compared between Rocket and Speedypage (half the price).

Without optimization, I believe Speedypage will be faster or tad faster than the usual Web Hosting or WordPress Hosting providers, as it's using Ryzen 9 series, currently using Ryzen 9 5950X for SG and UK, and 7950X for USA location.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • rober7rober7 Member

OMG!!!
    Rocket is a high end wordpress hosting.
    I heard only ONLY good things on them.

• @rober7 said: Rocket is a high end wordpress hosting.

Yes, just like Kinsta, WP Engine, or FlyWheel. It's for premium or enterprise users for sure.

• @febryanvaldo said:

@kidrock said: Where did you find this plan? On their site, Enterprise plan has Unlimited Space, 4GB memory and 2 CPU cores.

It's WordPress Hosting. https://speedypage.com/wordpress-hosting

@kidrock said: And yes, it would be great to see the results if anyone in here has tested and compared between Rocket and Speedypage (half the price).

Without optimization, I believe Speedypage will be faster or tad faster than the usual Web Hosting or WordPress Hosting providers, as it's using Ryzen 9 series, currently using Ryzen 9 5950X for SG and UK, and 7950X for USA location.

So there are two packages, wordpress hosting and web hosting. If you are using Speedypage, what's the difference between these two packages?

It would be better to see comparison between rocket and speedypage as the resources on speedypage looks better.

• @rober7 said:
    OMG!!!

Have you used them?

• MissFortuneMissFortune Member
    edited June 2023

Looks like anything he "founded/owned" goes awol/gone. I was a customer of host9 back in the days.

• rober7rober7 Member

@kidrock said:

@rober7 said:
    OMG!!!

Have you used them?

No because they are too expensive for my little projects.

Thanked by 1kidrock