Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

server-factory.com: reliable?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

server-factory.com: reliable?

I am thinking of switching my wife's shop from Shopify to self hosted Prestashop, so I am looking at some decently fast VPS with a good amount of storage.

I think someone suggested server-factory.com to me not long ago so I had bookmarked it.

A Ryzen 5950X with 4 cores, 16GB of RAM, 200GB of NVME storage and 32TB@1Gbps is 17e/mo, so it looks pretty good.

But I am a bit skeptical because the website seems to be just the ordering panel, there is not even a single "marketing" page etc.

Is this host reliable? Does anyone have experience with them and can tell me about the uptime?

As you may have read in another thread I am currently using an ultra cheap VPS from SSDNodes for my personal non critical stuff, but this is my wife's shop and needs to be online for obvious reasons, so uptime is important.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Pretty reliable IME. So far, so good.

• @jmaxwell said:
    Pretty reliable IME. So far, so good.

Thanks, I just saw other comments and reviews as well as I realized that I typoed when I searched the first time. I like that I can customize the amount of storage, which is good because of the pictures for the products.

In terms of uptime, would you trust it with a shop?

• Why not netcup or php-friends?

• @loay said:
    Why not netcup or php-friends?

The configs/prices look better on Server factory

• @mxmla Hi, in past discussions I found I read that your virtual servers have dedicated cores/threads, but on the website I read only "vps", not "vds". Are they still dedicated?

• I'll order one for one month. I have read many positive comments

• Have a couple of VDS. Reliable and no issues with uptime so far.

• ehabehab Member
    edited February 2023

if i make money from a vps then i would pay the azure,aws,hetzner etc.. no point of saving 25€/m

• YABS looks pretty good

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-12-29                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sun Feb 26 01:34:20 PM CET 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3393.622 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 15.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 196.8 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-60-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 206.91 MB/s  (51.7k) | 1.77 GB/s    (27.6k)
    Write      | 207.46 MB/s  (51.8k) | 1.78 GB/s    (27.8k)
    Total      | 414.37 MB/s (103.5k) | 3.55 GB/s    (55.4k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.42 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.56 GB/s     (2.5k)
    Write      | 2.55 GB/s     (4.9k) | 2.73 GB/s     (2.6k)
    Total      | 4.98 GB/s     (9.7k) | 5.30 GB/s     (5.1k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.04 Gbits/sec  | 998 Mbits/sec   | 7.46 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.01 Gbits/sec  | 998 Mbits/sec   | 12.2 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 398 Mbits/sec   | 948 Mbits/sec   | 81.5 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.04 Gbits/sec  | 986 Mbits/sec   | 7.40 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 986 Mbits/sec   | 10.7 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 384 Mbits/sec   | 934 Mbits/sec   | 81.4 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1641
    Multi Core      | 5503
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/20755996

YABS completed in 4 min 35 sec

• @vitobotta said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Pretty reliable IME. So far, so good.

Thanks, I just saw other comments and reviews as well as I realized that I typoed when I searched the first time. I like that I can customize the amount of storage, which is good because of the pictures for the products.

In terms of uptime, would you trust it with a shop?

Uptime has been great so far. They are relatively new to the market so there is that.

• Wow. I contacted support to open port 587 since I hadn't realized I could do it myself from the control panel, and they answered in like 2 minutes!

• Here you have a happy customer :). My vps is stable and support is great. I use it as my main remote desktop computer from a rpi :D .

• Uhm...so many nice comments about them. I wonder if I should get rid of SSDNodes after all also for my stuff..

• Yeah, server-factory is good.

• Yes, I have been using their EPYC VDS in production for half a year and no issues so far.

• @nick_ said:
    Yes, I have been using their EPYC VDS in production for half a year and no issues so far.

But are the cores still dedicated? The website says "vps" not "vds"

• @vitobotta said:

@nick_ said:
    Yes, I have been using their EPYC VDS in production for half a year and no issues so far.

There were VDS plans until recently. They're not offering the VDS line anymore unless you ask them to limit the CPU or so from what I read.

• @nick_ said:

@vitobotta said:

@nick_ said:

There were VDS plans until recently. They're not offering the VDS line anymore unless you ask them to limit the CPU or so from what I read.

I see, thanks

• @loay said:
    Why not netcup or php-friends?

php-friends / avoro = premium

Thanked by 1loay
  • Wishosting -> use OpenNebula, OVH, $13.99 /m

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @edrebe said:
    Wishosting -> use OpenNebula, OVH, $13.99 /m

Thats a lot of cpu cores I guess

• @vitobotta said: A Ryzen 5950X with 4 cores, 16GB of RAM, 200GB of NVME storage and 32TB@1Gbps is 17e/mo, so it looks pretty good.

It's also good that it's monthly payment so you won't need to transfer it away with some strange excuse in month or two once you get bored with it :)

• @Mumbly said:

@vitobotta said: A Ryzen 5950X with 4 cores, 16GB of RAM, 200GB of NVME storage and 32TB@1Gbps is 17e/mo, so it looks pretty good.

It's also good that it's monthly payment so you won't need to transfer it away with some strange excuse in month or two once you get bored with it :)

Strange excuses?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited February 2023

Yeah :) Like:

I have 3 budget virtual servers which I purchased very recently from GreenCloudVPS available for transfer, all in Frankfurt (Germany) location. The servers are awesome but I decided not to continue to self host apps due to lack of time.

and

Yes I moved everything to hosted services. I love self hosting but now I have one more reason not to do it, because I enrolled in the Offensive Security academy to get some certifications in cybersecurity, and therefore I want to dedicate my free time to it and nothing else for now.

Just to start hunt for new servers few days later.
    I don't judge you, we're all in the same boat here... :)

• @Mumbly said:
    Yeah :)

Would be a waste of energy replying properly so think whatever you wish

• @vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

I thought that you know yourself better and don't need my explanation, but I updated it anyway :P

• @Mumbly said:

@vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

I thought that you know yourself better and don't need my explanation, but I updated it anyway :P

I changed mind simply because I enjoy managing servers and that stuff. Can a person change mind? Is it a capital sin? Does it bother you?

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited February 2023

@vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

@vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

I changed mind simply because I enjoy managing servers and that stuff. Can a person change mind? Is it a capital sin? Does it bother you?

Of course you changed your mind, what else. Relax man, only one who's bothered with one innocent comment here is you. I am just kidding here :)

• @Mumbly said:

@vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

@vitobotta said:

@Mumbly said:

Of course you changed your mind, what else. Relax man, only one who's bothered with one innocent comment here is you. I am just kidding here :)

I am relaxed, it's just that you are not the first one to comment with jokes on the same topic