Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanwa $0.01 PayPal fee
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanwa $0.01 PayPal fee

edited February 2023 in Help

Greatings everyone.

I've got an IPv6-only VPS from Vanwa for 1 cent per month (via PayPal).
I'm wondering how much Vanwa gets from PayPal? $0.01, or $0? Because as far as I know there are some fee when using PayPal.
Thank you.

(By the way, the VPS has been offline 1 month ago and can't be re-installed or booted.)

Comments

• Hmm okay!

Scamwa gets your invaluable "Data"!

• inlandinland Member
    edited February 2023

@ask_seek_knock said: I'm wondering how much Vanwa gets from PayPal? $0.01, or $0?

Neither.

A PayPal account is free to set up, and when taking payments, you’ll pay a percentage fee ranging from 1.9% to 3.5% and a fixed fee of 5 to 49 cents for each transaction

So they actually have to pay PayPal out of pocket between 4 and 48 cents for every $0.01 transaction.

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • So basically if you hate the service keep paying for it cause paypall fees. If you love the service keep paying for it and submit ticket lol

• I'm pretty sure they'll have micropayments enabled.
    If it fits in this case, it's 5% (4.99% in the USA) + a small fixed fee per transaction.
    (Fixed Fee: 0.05 EUR / 0.09 USD)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@inland said:
    So they actually have to pay PayPal out of pocket between 4 and 48 cents for every $0.01 transaction.

It doesn't work like that.
    PayPal can deduct fees but the received amount cannot go negative.
    Charging $0.01 would let the seller receive $0.00.

• @yoursunny said:

@inland said:

It doesn't work like that.
    PayPal can deduct fees but the received amount cannot go negative.
    Charging $0.01 would let the seller receive $0.00.

Goin' negative will be so stupid :wink:

• @kdh said: Goin' negative will be so stupid

but It's PayPal so everything is possible.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

They will receive absolutely nothing. They don't get charged either. I've made tests on my marketplace with 0.01$ products and after successful payment i just received 0. I did not pay any Paypal fees either.

• @armandorg said:
    They will receive absolutely nothing. They don't get charged either. I've made tests on my marketplace with 0.01$ products and after successful payment i just received 0. I did not pay any Paypal fees either.

Seems like you did though.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:

@armandorg said:

Seems like you did though.

I mean somehow i did pay ofcourse, since i did not get the 0.01$ but i meant like Paypal also has a fixed price.

https://paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees#fixed-fees-commercialtrans

So it's like some % of transaction + fixed pricing.

In this amount it just reduces the amount to 0 and does not charge the business any fixed pricing from their wallet.

Thanked by 2emgh ask_seek_knock
  • It's pulling up as a buck a month for me. Is it worth it???

• Ofc nothing due to the paypal fees. That's a good way to prevent abuse imo.

• Just to be clear (because the OP's post is a bit misleading in this respect): the VPS costs $1/mo or $10/yr (and not $0.01/mo)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2023

If you are curious, my PayPal account has dynamic microtransactions enabled so payments under a certain amount will fall into the micropayments category while payments over a certain amount will fall into the normal category (PayPal calculates this based on whichever has the least fees).

On a payment to me for $0.99, PayPal eats $0.14 in fees. In total, I receive $0.84 to my PayPal balance, which is actually lower than Stripe and some other payment providers. (this is just for a $1 payment)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@angstrom said:
    Just to be clear (because the OP's post is a bit misleading in this respect): the VPS costs $1/mo or $10/yr (and not $0.01/mo)

Perhaps it's a promotion VPS

• @Advin said:

@angstrom said:
    Just to be clear (because the OP's post is a bit misleading in this respect): the VPS costs $1/mo or $10/yr (and not $0.01/mo)

Perhaps it's a promotion VPS

I'm just saying that this VPS costs $1/mo and not $0.01/mo

(In any case, according to the OP, the VPS has been offline for a month)

• edited February 2023

@Advin said: Perhaps it's a promotion VPS

Exactly.

@angstrom said:

Customers can't stop the provider's changing price. Maybe I should save every page with archive.org when ordering to avoid being misleading.

Never mind, but the point here is about PayPal fee (less than, say $0.50 payment), and almost every person got that point.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @ask_seek_knock said: Customers can't stop the provider's changing price. Maybe I should save every page with archive.org when ordering to avoid being misleading.

Okay, fair enough, my apologies. See also:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/183653/free-10-mbit-s-ipv6-vps-from-vanwa

( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5432660.0 )

Technically, it was free, but they charged $0.01/mo to avoid abuse

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Once upon a time, I had a bank account that gives $0.10 reward on each debit card transaction.
    If I pay $0.01 to someone, I'll earn $0.09 per transaction.
    There aren't many chances though, and I can't do it too frequently and risk having my rewards revoked.
    $1 Amazon gift cards and $0.42 USPS stamps and $1.08 Dollar Tree things are safer options.

Later, they changed all the rewards to be 1%, lame!
    I started doing $200 reloads on my other debit card, earning $2 each time.
    I got caught after $20 rewards, and the last $6 was revoked.
    Now it's 1% on purchases only, no rewards on debit card reloads.

Thanked by 1kait
  • @yoursunny said:
    Once upon a time, I had a bank account that gives $0.10 reward on each debit card transaction.
    If I pay $0.01 to someone, I'll earn $0.09 per transaction.
    There aren't many chances though, and I can't do it too frequently and risk having my rewards revoked.
    $1 Amazon gift cards and $0.42 USPS stamps and $1.08 Dollar Tree things are safer options.

Later, they changed all the rewards to be 1%, lame!
    I started doing $200 reloads on my other debit card, earning $2 each time.
    I got caught after $20 rewards, and the last $6 was revoked.
    Now it's 1% on purchases only, no rewards on debit card reloads.

And after all that work IPv9 still isn't widely accepted.

• TrKTrK Member
    edited February 2023

Once upon a time there was a kid who loved to DDoS everything he found unlikable after a certain thought he decided to start his own company to help mitigate DDoS attacks which turned out be a joke. Now we are discussing this very company's "Data Hoarding" scam, why the fuck are we doing that? If you have any active subscriptions just cancel them and move on.