Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlim down? No way to reach them - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlim down? No way to reach them

2»

Comments

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:
    I got an email on the 10th Jan, about a move on the 15th jan probably not related to this downtime though But my VPS went down today aswell and still hasn't come back, nothing important on it so I will just wait until I can raise a ticket.

We are currently moving some hardware to another of our DC locations. One or more of your servers will be moved to the new location as well this week. This means you can expect a downtime of aprox 2,5 hours (because of deracking, moving and racking in new location). I am sorry for any inconvenience that will cause this for you.

In the new location we have plenty of room to grow as well as more IP Transit options for you. So all in all it will be an upgrade for you.

We expect to move your server at january 15th 1PM GMT+1

If you have any questions be sure to reach out to us.

Thank you for your trust!

Correct these were other servers and another migration. We have sent other emails to the clients on the affected nodes today + a heads up today as well.

Is VPSMAIN015 coming up? Seems down still.

Yes its coming up together with OVZ1, the rest is already ON.

Still doesn't seem to be up

OVZ1 is UP.

Not accessible from here, unless I'm using the wrong URL.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:
    I got an email on the 10th Jan, about a move on the 15th jan probably not related to this downtime though But my VPS went down today aswell and still hasn't come back, nothing important on it so I will just wait until I can raise a ticket.

We are currently moving some hardware to another of our DC locations. One or more of your servers will be moved to the new location as well this week. This means you can expect a downtime of aprox 2,5 hours (because of deracking, moving and racking in new location). I am sorry for any inconvenience that will cause this for you.

In the new location we have plenty of room to grow as well as more IP Transit options for you. So all in all it will be an upgrade for you.

We expect to move your server at january 15th 1PM GMT+1

If you have any questions be sure to reach out to us.

Thank you for your trust!

Correct these were other servers and another migration. We have sent other emails to the clients on the affected nodes today + a heads up today as well.

Is VPSMAIN015 coming up? Seems down still.

Yes its coming up together with OVZ1, the rest is already ON.

Still doesn't seem to be up

OVZ1 is UP.

Not accessible from here, unless I'm using the wrong URL.

That's the panel, indeed working on that now. You can open a ticket with any questions as I'm not always on LET.

• @VPSSLIM said:

@Calypso said:
    Am I the only one wondering why something that can be made redundant so easily as a nameserver is down in a planned migration?

It is, we were just stupid smart enough to place it in the same physical rack, which has been solved now.

... and ...

We have sent out an email on January 8th about the DNS + some VPS nodes migration today

So basically you knew since over a month that you'd migrate DNS, and nobody checked if what the consequences were in that month. Also, good for you it's now not in the same rack, but normally you'd definitely not even have all your DNS servers in the same DC and/or uplink. But ofcourse I don't have to tell you that since you're in business quite some years....

Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • I opened a ticket 9 days ago to ask if they can add Ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 to OVZ VPS on vpsmain015. Today when I enter the Client area, the ticket just disappear. I think I will just have to stick with Ubuntu 18.04 then :(

• @hzhoanglee said:
    I opened a ticket 9 days ago to ask if they can add Ubuntu 20.04 or 22.04 to OVZ VPS on vpsmain015. Today when I enter the Client area, the ticket just disappear. I think I will just have to stick with Ubuntu 18.04 then :(

I asked last year and they said it isn't possible at the moment, I guess with 18 becoming EOL soon they will need to do something, pretty sure all the os images on the system are end of life soon.