Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSlim down? No way to reach them
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSlim down? No way to reach them

entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

Hi,

Does anyone have a way to contact HostSlim that isn't their website/email? Looks like their Nameservers are down preventing anything from resolving, VPS' etc are down too.

Thanks.

Comments

• This is the phone number I found on google.

Phone: +31 320 301 506

It says they are currently open right now, might be a good time to contact them.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

@Nanja said:
    This is the phone number I found on google.

Phone: +31 320 301 506

It says they are currently open right now, might be a good time to contact them.

Forget it they never answer. If they answer they just hang up

• vpsslim.com and hostslim.eu are both down @VPSSLIM you awake?

• Yes, everything down. Not good news

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Deadpool >:) @deadpool
    New Drama

• I did not see any post here for hostslim this morining so I thought it was just me...
    I guess I'll have to find another nl host.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited February 2023

@kuzko_topia said:
    I guess I'll have to find another nl host.

I hear ServerFactory aff is premium.
    It's in Dronten but Netherlands is small and everything ends up on NL-IX.
    non aff

• @yoursunny said: non aff

liar.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • Following the discussion.

• my reseller is up, but they client area is down.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2023

Hi! We have sent out an email on January 8th about the DNS + some VPS nodes migration today. It's almost finished. This morning also a notification via email was sent. We were called by some clients that use outlook or hotmail/gmail that did not get the mail, and that's very frustrating.

If you have any questions you can also send me a DM.

Update: VPS nodes that were under this maintenance window are starting up gradually and DNS as well.

ETA: +- 60 minutes in case your VM is not online yet. Most are booting / booted.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@kait said:

@yoursunny said: non aff

liar.

Fixed pasting error.

Thanked by 1kait
  • Thanks for the update!

• @VPSSLIM thanks for the update, but do you realize your public facing website, support system, looking glass and customer servers were unreachable ?

I don't host anything of great importance on your services, but seeing everything going offline was a tad bit worrying.
    And despite me not using outlook (gmail.com address), it seems I did not receive a warning email about the migration. I might have missed it though.

• You think anyone got those e-mails? :D

• trurascaltrurascal Member
    edited February 2023

I got an email on the 10th Jan, about a move on the 15th jan probably not related to this downtime though But my VPS went down today aswell and still hasn't come back, nothing important on it so I will just wait until I can raise a ticket.

We are currently moving some hardware to another of our DC locations. One or more of your servers will be moved to the new location as well this week. This means you can expect a downtime of aprox 2,5 hours (because of deracking, moving and racking in new location). I am sorry for any inconvenience that will cause this for you.

In the new location we have plenty of room to grow as well as more IP Transit options for you. So all in all it will be an upgrade for you.

We expect to move your server at january 15th 1PM GMT+1

If you have any questions be sure to reach out to us.

Thank you for your trust!

@kuzko_topia said:
    @VPSSLIM thanks for the update, but do you realize your public facing website, support system, looking glass and customer servers were unreachable ?

I don't host anything of great importance on your services, but seeing everything going offline was a tad bit worrying.
    And despite me not using outlook (gmail.com address), it seems I did not receive a warning email about the migration. I might have missed it though.

Hi! Lessons learned we could have communicated this way better for sure than rely on just on way of communication (email). Though it was not the whole network affected (aprox. 20%), it might be worrying indeed if you did not get any notification in the mail.

Because of the DNS migration as well our public sites were offline (hence also the customer portal).

I can understand that can stress somebody out.

@trurascal said:
    I got an email on the 10th Jan, about a move on the 15th jan probably not related to this downtime though But my VPS went down today aswell and still hasn't come back, nothing important on it so I will just wait until I can raise a ticket.

We are currently moving some hardware to another of our DC locations. One or more of your servers will be moved to the new location as well this week. This means you can expect a downtime of aprox 2,5 hours (because of deracking, moving and racking in new location). I am sorry for any inconvenience that will cause this for you.

In the new location we have plenty of room to grow as well as more IP Transit options for you. So all in all it will be an upgrade for you.

Correct these were other servers and another migration. We have sent other emails to the clients on the affected nodes today + a heads up today as well.

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:

Correct these were other servers and another migration. We have sent other emails to the clients on the affected nodes today + a heads up today as well.

Is VPSMAIN015 coming up? Seems down still.

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:

Yes its coming up together with OVZ1, the rest is already ON.

• Thx for the update
    Never got the mail though

• @VPSSLIM said:

@kuzko_topia said:
    @VPSSLIM thanks for the update, but do you realize your public facing website, support system, looking glass and customer servers were unreachable ?

Hi! Lessons learned we could have communicated this way better for sure than rely on just on way of communication (email). Though it was not the whole network affected (aprox. 20%), it might be worrying indeed if you did not get any notification in the mail.

Because of the DNS migration as well our public sites were offline (hence also the customer portal).

You might want to setup some Twitter, or other off-site status page for these kind of events where you announce, schedule and line out these types of events as well as put most important contact information.

• Am I the only one wondering why something that can be made redundant so easily as a nameserver is down in a planned migration?

Thanked by 2mrTom quicksilver03
  • entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:

Still doesn't seem to be up

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@entrailz said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@trurascal said:

Still doesn't seem to be up

OVZ1 is UP.

@Calypso said:
    Am I the only one wondering why something that can be made redundant so easily as a nameserver is down in a planned migration?

It is, we were just stupid smart enough to place it in the same physical rack, which has been solved now.

• Because of the DNS migration as well our public sites were offline (hence also the customer portal).

[...]

Lessons learned

@Ympker said:

@VPSSLIM said:

@kuzko_topia said:

You might want to setup some Twitter, or other off-site status page for these kind of events where you announce, schedule and line out these types of events as well as put most important contact information.

Thanks for the feedback and you're right. We're working on that as well.

Thanked by 1Ympker