Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] Email Hosting - New Large Storage Plans! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] Email Hosting - New Large Storage Plans!

Comments

• @john_sd3 said:
    i have a requirement for an email server for "inbound email parsing"....

i have no need for outbound email so there is no reputation to worry about or anything.... paying by the email seems too much.

is there a software i can self host, that allows me to create email accounts, regex and parse the incoming emails into a DB so that further processing can be done? maybe a webhook to some other process that person A has recieved an email containing these parameters. do you want it?

https://emailengine.app/ may fit your needs but you would still need mxroute to deliver the emails then you would use email engine to check the message and calls webhooks of your own.

• @quags said:

@john_sd3 said:
    i have a requirement for an email server for "inbound email parsing"....

i have no need for outbound email so there is no reputation to worry about or anything.... paying by the email seems too much.

is there a software i can self host, that allows me to create email accounts, regex and parse the incoming emails into a DB so that further processing can be done? maybe a webhook to some other process that person A has recieved an email containing these parameters. do you want it?

https://emailengine.app/ may fit your needs but you would still need mxroute to deliver the emails then you would use email engine to check the message and calls webhooks of your own.

this looks nice.. why do i have to use mxroute? can't i use a VPS with a selfhosted email server ?

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited February 2023

Been using Mailcheap for +2 years and im very satisfied with their service. Also have a small mxroute account for some years that I use just for 2 personal domains, and really dont remember to have any major issues.

In my opinion I prefer Mailcheap vs Mxroute. Overall a better service, dedicated and designed just for email. Seems and feels more professional. Never had and issue, delivery quality is great and no unexpected downtimes.

The one thing I never fully understand about Mailcheap and is where I think mxroute as an advantage (besides price) is the sending limit (300 emails per account per hour on mxroute).

It seems to me Mailcheap sending limits are lower. Mailcheap documentation says rate limts are based on leaky bucket algorithm:
    https://www.mailcheap.co/relays.html that I never fully understoud. If anyone can explain with simple numbers I would appreciate ( @mailcheap )

But all that reflects on the price...

And this large reseller mxroute plans price point are awesome and can make me switch some accounts from Mailcheap to Mxroute.

I would really like to buy, but its has to be hosted on a EU country due to GPDR privacy law.

So I hope @jar can also release this new plans in a EU datacenter.

Also one question about the promotion, is it recurring also on plan upgrades later on?

Thanked by 2jar mailcheap
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nqservices said: Mailcheap documentation says rate limts are based on leaky bucket algorithm:

I use the same thing but I have it tuned in a way that the end user doesn't have to think about it as much. Basically, if you take a look at their documentation, this is the key part:

External mail → Capacity: 50 | Leak rate: 1 message every 3.6 minutes

So imagine a physical bucket and your emails as physical items you can drop into it. When the bucket is full, it can't hold anymore. The bucket can hold 50 items, but it has a hole poked in the bottom where 1 item falls out of the bottom every 3.6 minutes. So if you send 50 emails at once, you can send one more in 3.6 minutes. Another 3.6 minutes after that, and so on. What I do is make the bucket hold 300 and leak out 300 every 60 minutes, so it's easier for me to just say, "There's a 300 per-hour sending limit."

@nqservices said: is it recurring also on plan upgrades later on?

It is recurring but upgrades later would be based on the non-promo price.

Thanked by 3mailcheap Pawan raza19
  • I had both, mailcheap and mxroute. I think mailcheap stopped accepting PayPal. So now just mxroute. Very satisfied with the service and support.

• @jar said:

@nqservices said: Mailcheap documentation says rate limts are based on leaky bucket algorithm:

I use the same thing but I have it tuned in a way that the end user doesn't have to think about it as much. Basically, if you take a look at their documentation, this is the key part:

So imagine a physical bucket and your emails as physical items you can drop into it. When the bucket is full, it can't hold anymore. The bucket can hold 50 items, but it has a hole poked in the bottom where 1 item falls out of the bottom every 3.6 minutes. So if you send 50 emails at once, you can send one more in 3.6 minutes. Another 3.6 minutes after that, and so on. What I do is make the bucket hold 300 and leak out 300 every 60 minutes, so it's easier for me to just say, "There's a 300 per-hour sending limit."

@nqservices said: is it recurring also on plan upgrades later on?

It is recurring but upgrades later would be based on the non-promo price.

Jar still waiting on the triennial plans plz.

• Excellent service, cannot recommend it enough. Why would you go anywhere else?

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited February 2023

@jar Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Its more clear now, but still a little confused. So just to be sure if I understand properly can @jar or anyone else tell me if im correct on the below explanation:
    Thanks!

In Mxroute the hourly bucket size is 300 emails, so a user can send 300 emails max in 1 hour. They can be sent in fast, for example in 5 minutes. After that, user has to wait for 1 hour pass, in order for the limits to reset.

To resume: 300 emails max per hour.

In Mailcheap, the hourly bucket size is 50 emails + 1 every 3.6 minutes, so a user can send 50 emails + 16 emails (60/3.6 minute) max in 1 hour (total: 66 emails/hour). If they are sent fast, for example 50 emails in 5 minutes, then for the rest of the hour only more 16 emails are allowed and they are sent in a 3.6 minute timeframe space. After that, user has to wait for the hour to pass, for the limits to reset.

To resume: 50 emails at "normal" speed + 16 every 3.6 minutes max per hour.

• Wow, good pricing..

Just curious, i am already using mxroute
    can i order new service and migrating my old email to there?
    is there any way to push old email history to new email server?

• @phiexz said: is there any way to push old email history to new email server?

If you use mxlogin client there is import button very quick and easy

• dusstdusst Member
    edited February 2023

@jar , pls can you explain me here why i am not able to send mails from my vps (@NDTN) to my account on mxroute because of yours blacklist.

I listened to different stories from your support (like i need to open port 25 to public for some reason). they even didn't tell me that's that is mxroute's own blacklist ("You need to respond to MXRBL directly")

my other servers works fine with your service with no problems with the same configs for 2 years.

(upd) my ticket #745261

edited February 2023

@dusst said: pls can you explain me here why i am not able to send mails from my vps (@NDTN) to my account on mxroute because of yours blacklist

When you opened your removal request you had no mail server listening on port 25 and no reverse DNS record. Yet you want me to place extra trust in you, someone running a VPS inside of a mostly spam network, who doesn't even seem to know how to run a mail server to begin with? Risk too high (you'll drop that VPS and my statistics dictate that it'll be picked up by a spammer), reward ($10/year BF promo) too low.

If you want to run a mail server fine, be my guest. If you want to run it in a spam network, fine, be my guest as well. If you want me to place additional trust in that mail server? Do the basic work required to run a mail server and get back to me.

• This is great @jar exactly what I was looking for!

Thanked by 1jar
  • We are waiting for cheap small storage plans.

Only 25 of 200 coupon codes were used for this. Not too surprising I suppose, large storage isn't actually a large need in terms of number of customers that need it. But just a heads up, I have no intention of disabling the coupon code early, so enjoy it until all 200 are used.

• our usecase never gonna hit 300/hour/account anyway but i just want to know if internal mails also get counted towards that limit?

ex: [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected] do they count as 2 mails or 0?

• Hi @jar .. just quick qestion.

do you reject email if list on blacklist or sent it to spam/junk folder?

Or how to whitelist ip instead reject the email coming to my email box.

I'm on server friday

• @jar said:
    Only 25 of 200 coupon codes were used for this. Not too surprising I suppose, large storage isn't actually a large need in terms of number of customers that need it. But just a heads up, I have no intention of disabling the coupon code early, so enjoy it until all 200 are used.

It's generally business users that need large mailboxes. One real estate person I know averages 30GB a year in new mail. I used to be about 18GB/year at a previous job.

Thanked by 1jar

@LightBlade said:
    Hi @jar .. just quick qestion.

do you reject email if list on blacklist or sent it to spam/junk folder?

Or how to whitelist ip instead reject the email coming to my email box.

I'm on server friday

There’s a lot of layers to inbound spam filtering. There are layers that increase spam score and then you decide how to handle it with your settings, there are layers of outright rejection before your settings. Like any mail service really, we’re just all unique in how the layers function.

IP blacklisting on MXRBL or spamrats is an instant rejection, user can’t whitelist from it.

Thanked by 1LightBlade
  • @jar can you please provide triennially payment options ?

Thanked by 1raza19
  • bdlbdl Member

@kathir said:
    @jar can you please provide triennially payment options ?

Get price on OP and multiply by three for triennial price.

Thanked by 2adly hyperblast
  • hochthocht Member

Are there any promo codes for smaller plans? I would like to try one. @jar

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

@hocht said:

You can just buy from a reseller such as https://my.onepoundemail.co.uk/order/main/packages/email-hosting/?group_id=2

• @bruh21 said:

@hocht said:

You can just buy from a reseller such as https://my.onepoundemail.co.uk/order/main/packages/email-hosting/?group_id=2

Legacy Plan at onepoundemail... what is it?

• @jar Any plans enabling DA backups. So that we can take regular backups of our email accounts.

@kathir said:
    @jar Any plans enabling DA backups. So that we can take regular backups of our email accounts.

I don’t plan on it as I can’t restrict it to the methods I would prefer users use, and if they backup to the local file system I either have to expose the File Manager or take requests to delete backups, which dramatically works backwards from my efforts to force DA to only expose what’s needed for email.

• @jar said:

@kathir said:
    @jar Any plans enabling DA backups. So that we can take regular backups of our email accounts.

I don’t plan on it as I can’t restrict it to the methods I would prefer users use, and if they backup to the local file system I either have to expose the File Manager or take requests to delete backups, which dramatically works backwards from my efforts to force DA to only expose what’s needed for email.

understandable, but what easy option do you suggest to take scheduled backup of all my email users without knowing their password?

@kathir said: understandable, but what easy option do you suggest to take scheduled backup of all my email users without knowing their password?

For now you could use FTP. Port 21, your DirectAdmin username/password, the server being your IMAP/SMTP server name. The "imap" directory has all of your emails.

Thanked by 2sh97 adly
  • ErisaErisa Member

@jar said:

@kathir said: understandable, but what easy option do you suggest to take scheduled backup of all my email users without knowing their password?

For now you could use FTP. Port 21, your DirectAdmin username/password, the server being your IMAP/SMTP server name. The "imap" directory has all of your emails.

Does this support an encrypted method like FTPS/SFTP also?

@Erisa said:

@jar said:

Does this support an encrypted method like FTPS/SFTP also?

Nope, just basic FTP.