Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί Cloudie's Clown Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudie's Clown Review

So this is another showdown of a shady provider with clown service.

I purchased IPv6 /48 from Cloudie[1]. It was like $5 for 1 year.

Since I had urgency to bring that new range to AWS, I tried to create a support ticket. And guess what, click anywhere on the panel, it'll take you to Order page. Idk why πŸ˜‚. Never mind.

So I reached out to the owner of LET and DMed with my order ID. And the ego of this guy πŸ€£πŸ‘Œ, he cancelled my order and told don't expect priority service for $5.

I was like Wtf? πŸ˜‚ You listed the price, I paid it right away. Meh.

Maybe he expects people to pay Thousands of Dollar for good service. BS.

Here comes the fun part:
This dude logged into my account without my permission and made a video showing the Panel works perfectly. I was like: Wooooo, Holly cow. This clown logs into customer account without their permission.

And guess how he justified this lame step? TROUBLESHOOTING PURPOSES!!!!

Jesus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Even AWS, Azure or GCP don't logs into customer account even when you request them. And this dude is logging into customer account without their authorization.

Huge -rep
Clown show πŸ˜‚

1: https://my.cloudie.sh/index.php/store/shared-hosting

Thanked by 1greentea
Β«1

Comments

• @Cloudie You're a good clown btw. I appreciate that. πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2023

$5/y for leased IPs and Cloudie shouldn't have even tried to make a video for you. Nutty. WHMCS is the billing panel most standard hosts use, and it allows admins to login as client.

I use Cloudie and appreciate the service I get considering it's only IP related services.

• TrKTrK Member

TL;DR, all corporations do i worked with amazon for three months and it does give access to the customer account if situation demands it, i mean they technically have your data when you made your account and you yes "give" your data willingly and agree with certain terms with data access. As for WHMCS and other panels it's as easy as clicking on "Login as...." i respect cloudie for route48 and his dirt cheap ipv6 allocations. And as for support if you pay me $10 for the /48 i would also allocate it you and get done with it, no further manual hassle, $10 doesn't worth it dealing with shit and all.

• I found Ryan at Cloudie to be extremely courteous and professional in my dealing with him. I am more than surprised by your review.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • treesmokahtreesmokah Member
    edited January 2023

i paid $5 and I expect instant 24/7/365 support, 99,(((999999999999)))% SLA and preferably work done for me. i also reserve a right to be a dick and you shall not cancel my order.

@HyperXPro said: into customer account

customer account? do you own the account? no, everything on their site is owned by them, including "your account".

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • I could understand outrage if provider would log into your VPS/filesystem... but WHMCS account that store all the things that he already have/need and those are his/yours services? Be serious.

• What... urgency? He was pretty much professional to me. Should note that it's Sunday too :p

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Good self note. Never provide services to HyperXPro

• @ezeth said:
    Good self note. Never provide services to HyperXPro

Haha, okay Mr. Boomer Wanker. πŸ˜‚

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@HyperXPro said: This dude logged into my account without my permission and made a video showing the Panel works perfectly. I was like: Wooooo, Holly cow. This clown logs into customer account without their permission.

What panel?
    WHMCS? :joy:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That's the reason why I don't offer Discord Support.

• It's a Sunday, he's Australian ,so was probably asleep when when you put the order in.

WHMCS let's you login to client accounts from the admin side, and if you reported a bug why wouldn't he log into the account to test it.

You came here to cause drama because your inpatient and was probably rude in the ticket, almost all service providers have a clause in their ToS that say they can terminate your services if your an ass hat to any staff.

All 3 of my asn's and all 6 of my /40's are with cloudie and I wouldn't want them anywhere else honestly.

+rep Cloudie - Great LIR

-rep HyperXPro - wanna be drama starter

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

+rep @Cloudie - Extremely friendly and helpful.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

/48 IPv6 βœ…
    Personalized Support βœ…
    Video Guide βœ…

Price: $5/year

Hey, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Huge +rep.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

+rep @Cloudie - Extremely Australian and friendly.

• @HyperXPro said:

Since I had urgency to bring that new range to AWS, I tried to create a support ticket. And guess what, click anywhere on the panel, it'll take you to Order page. Idk why πŸ˜‚. Never mind.

So I reached out to the owner of LET and DMed with my order ID. And the ego of this guy πŸ€£πŸ‘Œ, he cancelled my order and told don't expect priority service for $5.

Here comes the fun part:
    This dude logged into my account without my permission and made a video showing the Panel works perfectly. I was like: Wooooo, Holly cow. This clown logs into customer account without their permission.

Jesus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Even AWS, Azure or GCP don't logs into customer account even when you request them. And this dude is logging into customer account without their authorization.

Huge -rep
    Clown show πŸ˜‚

Never in my life have I seen someone this uninformed of how data handover works.

Nor have I ever seen someone use this many emojis used in such an ironic way.

• +rep @Cloudie - Friendly, does what he promises and excellent support.

• eraterseraters Member
    edited January 2023

+rep cloudie, never had these issues with the guy, he's aussie, as smishcraft said, he was probably asleep, and this had me dying:

i'm sorry, but do you go to a restaurant, get a water, and be like "this isn't a full meal!! i'm leaving a 1 star yelp review!1!!"?

Thanked by 1crunchbits
  • @HyperXPro said:

Here comes the fun part:

Huge -rep
    Clown show πŸ˜‚

Wait weren't you the one who were singing praises for Oracle Cloud?
    And you are complaining about a $5 service now.

Man what has world come to.

• @srch07 said:
    Wait weren't you the one who were singing praises for Oracle Cloud?
    And you are complaining about a $5 service now.

At least I get what I pay for in Oracle Cloud. Not like a pro @Cloudie 🀑

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@HyperXPro said: At least I get what I pay for in Oracle Cloud. Not like a pro @Cloudie 🀑

You've got more than what you paid for with Cloudie.

Oracle Cloud isn't going to bother creating a video for you.

Thanked by 1drizbo
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited January 2023

Someone should start another thread, "Review of HyperXPro as a Clown Customer."

In my opinion, @HyperXPro's impatience and subsequent actions have been reprehensible, especially the attempt to damage Cloudie's reputation and business by starting this thread.

If I had been @Cloudie, I would have done the same: Cancel HyperXPro's account and refund their measly $5 payment. I would not have bothered to verify their panel access or make a video or it.

A customer like that is not worth the effort for $5 a year. Any customer that would create a "kill the business" thread on such lame grounds would not be worth the effort for many times that amount of money.

Thanked by 3crunchbits jsg sebkehl
  • @emg said:
    If I had been @Cloudie, I would have done the same: Cancel HyperXPro's account and refund their measly $5 payment. I would not have bothered to verify their panel access or make a video or it.

Ah, The only good thing he did was to refund immediately. Else I'd have filed a chargeback by now. :')

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I don't know @Cloudie but I presume he's a nice and friendly guy who really cares about their customers. After all, looking into your allegedly non-working panel and making a video to help a $5/yr customer certainly is something many providers (understandably) would not do.

I'm pleased to see that quite a few here stood up for him. Friendly providers who care about their customers, even those who generate next to no income, just deserve better than your attempt to smear them.

+1 for Cloudie, -10 for HyperXPro!

Thanked by 1emg
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Dropping into a user's account with WHMCS or similar is a single button action, and upon doing so gives them less access to information about you, not more. It should not be considered anything remotely resembling offensive for a provider to do that, and doing so to capture live footage of them testing their implementations for you to reference should be considered to be going above and beyond the bare minimum.

• emgemg Veteran

@HyperXPro said:
    Ah, The only good thing he did was to refund immediately. Else I'd have filed a chargeback by now. :')

Message received by @HyperXPro. Clearly they have learned the lessons offered by everyone above and have taken them to heart.

In my opinion, the moderators should change the thread title to "[DEBUNKED]: Cloudie's Clown Review".

Thanked by 2Smishcraft jsg
  • You’re the real clown here. You placed an order for something that costs $5/year and expected it instantly during the weekend?

Cloudie is not only a great person, he runs his business with his customers at heart and will always go the extra mile to help. I can’t believe this is what LET has come to. You need to look in the mirror and reevaluate how you treat others before you make these long angry posts about a community member that has never even hurt a fly.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • ZigiZigi Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

People go on Fiverr and pay more for videos.

$5/year for an video + /48 is an excellent deal.

+1 @Cloudie for handling this professionally. :+1: :+1: :+1:

-69 @HyperXPro too many emojis impatience :joy: :joy: :joy:

Thanked by 2MannDude andrewnyr
  • PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

Never had issues with @Cloudie, he's a wholesome guy who cares about his customers. But when you're messaging him on all platforms imaginable demanding service be provisioned immediately (on a Sunday of all times) when not even 24 hours has passed since the order was placed, that is really a bad move on your part.

I have multiple ASNs and /44s with Cloudie and have never had an issue. He even went out of his way to record a video for you.

+rep for Cloudie

Thanked by 1andrewnyr