Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan

13»

Comments

• That was my point; it's more in reference to @judouk's comment.

• I didn't pay $15....but, even if I had, how many others have paid $15 only to see their money disappear into someone's pocket!

How many people have to be screwed before its no longer okay ???

• The sad part is that DMB hosting was actually one of the good VPS companies - own servers colocated, etc. It is sad to see them die.

• Thats actually why I was interested to understand the depth of the problems for DMB - are we talking debts in the hundreds, thousands ???

• @rds100 said: The sad part is that DMB hosting was actually one of the good VPS companies - own servers colocated, etc. It is sad to see them die.

As dmb have some debts, I suppose that his business wasn't sustainable OR someone empty the company bank account.

• @Steve81 said: As dmb have some debts, I suppose that his business wasn't sustainable OR someone empty the company bank account.

Yeah, with $1 VPSs... :|

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited March 2012

@Steve81 said: As dmb have some debts, I suppose that his business wasn't sustainable OR someone empty the company bank account.

Or the third high possibility which is that being/was his business module from the start, where instead of actually giving 1 year at an attractive price (way lower than expected), he offers 2, 3 or 4 months! That simply means 3x or 4x or even 6x the advertised price (so if $1.25/m was advertised, it becomes $3.75/m or $5/m or even $7.5/m, for that low to the ground specifications) If that is the case it's possible that even he, and his stories aren't real :)

I've got way more stories when I had some service with HostRail. For a few scams I became never buying yearly packages from a provider that haven't been in business long enough.

• Door closed

• I just checked their main website, it's back up, however the billing and solus servers are still down, My VPS didn't go down following their website going down (it must of been on a different node), although my 20Gb backup space has been down all month

• Its quite strange - I received an email from their support site last Thursday.

Received: from cpanel2.pla.birdservers.net ([204.11.102.66] helo=localhost.localdomain)
    by 1215.ukc.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from support@dmbhosting.co.uk)
    id 1SAfSy-0000Md-2k; Thu, 22 Mar 2012 06:42:00 -0400

I have since tried to respond to them (and on several occasions checked their site) to find the main site up but all external links down.

It looks like they've gone to the wall

• WOW - my server has just come back online!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Yup, Xen looks to be back online. Not sure about other nodes.

• I wonder whats going on.....I dont expect it to stay up though.....

• @judouk said: WOW - my server has just come back online!

Solus and my backup space is still down, the question is, can DMB evade the monthly Deadpool?

• IntcsIntcs Member
    edited March 2012

@Infinity said: Yup, Xen looks to be back online. Not sure about other nodes.

All other nodes too "cries", I honestly felt more bad than if it was dead because I got another box and took a lot of time only to replace this.

Now, what? :|

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Guys,

Do a whois on your IPs and see who they are owned by. If its TheUKCloud send Jtodd a nice thank you message! :)

• LESLES Member
    inetnum:         91.227.124.0 - 91.227.127.255
    netname:         QUICKVPS-PI
    descr:           QuickVPS Ltd
    remarks:         T/as UKCloud

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • Where do you check owners of IPs?

• @rchurch said: Where do you check owners of IPs?

http://whois.domaintools.com/

• Jtodd does not own the UK Cloud any more :p

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited March 2012

According to Whois/companieshouse.gov.uk they are now owned by OTHELLO TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS
    See also http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/2017/anyone-know-who-othello-technology-systems-ltd-are

Someone should set up a database to keep track of who owned which host when :D

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

Has anyone actually heard anything from the management at DMBHosting? Better to get something from the horse's mouth than speculating..

Thanked by 2Ash_Hawkridge yywudi
  • @Damian said: As I recall, DMB was listed on Company House. Shouldn't be too difficult to file lawsuit against the remaining members of the company and get your $15 back.

This is england not america. You carnt sue as easy.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited March 2012

@DanielM said: This is england not america. You carnt sue as easy.

God bless the UK! If Daimon etc are no longer employed and you were to take them to the small claims court here, he would end up having to pay you a couple of quid every month :P

• @DanielM: That was also my point... Americans are too eager to apply lawsuits.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Only an idiot would waste their time suing over $15.

Take it as a learning experience and move on.