Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DMB Hosting - Apology and Plan

Comments

• How does one "buy clients" anyway, clients are not property.

• @VMPort said: How did a bloke from Rotherham end up in a partnership with someone from India, it doesn't sit right with me.

Didn't your Prime Minister mention something a couple of years ago about needing to begin trade with India? :D

• Sorry to go offtopic here but @VMPort should really read this article http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

Thanked by 2nabo TheHackBox
  • @gsrdgrdghd said: Sorry to go offtopic here but @VMPort should really read this article http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They're

Aww. Does grammar policing make you feel intelligent :)

• Does anyone know the scale of the problem for DMB Hosting?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I talked to a woman from Germany a little while ago who said, I have decided its not worth teaching German to the British, they do not even get taught their own language correctly so trying to teach them another one with any degree of accuracy is almost impossible.

It is so true, I am also a victim of this, damn UK education or lack their/there of... :)

• @VMPort said: Aww. Does grammar policing make you feel intelligent :)

No, i just gave you constructive criticism :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said: It is so true, I am also a victim of this, damn UK education or lack their/there of... :)

It can be worse, not everyone lives in Finland... Many places have worse, I wonder why Asia is on the rise...
    M

• nabonabo Member

@liam said: Are swedish/Finnish similar due to obvious reasons

Not at all. Whereas Swedish is a Germanic language, Finish language is Uralic.

• tuxtux Member

But Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc are very similar languages.

• nabonabo Member

@tux said: But Swedish, Danish, Norwegian etc are very similar languages.

Yes, they are Germanic languages.

• @judouk said: Does anyone know the current state of play with DMB Hosting - I had a service from them which has been down for some time now.

I paid up front for the year and, after less than 2 months, everything appears to have gone.

I also paid for a 1 year plan in January, but my machine is still up (it was down for a week). It's a Xen box with very old hardware (I guess nobody wants a E5310 1.60GHz Xeon). Anyway the company isn't totally gone, but I have no idea what's happening either.

• E5310 isn't so bad n_n
    But 1.6Ghz is bad :D

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited March 2012

So, that trademark was a scam, looks like took all your prepaid amounts and left, need to be careful once they are engaged with other company name, later on :o

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@judouk said: Does anyone know the scale of the problem for DMB Hosting?

Bad bad bad, I've tried to contact Daimon recently with no response, I've seen him post on facebook so he is around and is actively ignoring my messages.. IDK what's up with Amol either.

• He keeps inviting me to some sort of Facebook "professional network", so he'd definitely active.

• HAH. Some linkedin clone, I guess. I don't touch apps/games/etc on FB, so no clue.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

When I was looking at how they had things setup it was split across two datacentre's. One datacentre actually cut them off while I was technically reviewing the server's and they got a 24 hour extension that run out and therefore some people will be down.

The other datacentre they had some kind of strange deal with and I believe services were kept online. Its still online if you check: http://intodns.com/dmbhosting.co.uk I believe Jtodd is responsible for keeping it online without bills being paid so he deserves a lot of credit for that.

Having said that I was speaking with Amol and not Daimon.

No one can advise people what to do, but I guess paypal buyers protection and Visa protections are there for a reason.

• nabonabo Member

@httpzoom said: paypal buyers protection

Not for intangible items.

• Well, I am going to be travelling to the North of England early next month - I think a visit may well be in order

• jhjh Member

I think it's time to move on.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

Nabo,

Your buying a services rather than an intangible item and therefore its worth contacting them.

• I tried the paypal route - but because I purchased the item over 45 days ago, they dont do anything with the dispute

• @jtodd - I have a problem with giving anyone money and then watching them run away with it

• Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited March 2012

@judouk said: I tried the paypal route - but because I purchased the item over 45 days ago, they dont do anything with the dispute

@judouk said: @jtodd - I have a problem with giving anyone money and then watching them run away with it

This.

• @steve81 - This. ???

• u4iau4ia Member

@judouk he is saying he agrees with your statemennts

• DamianDamian Member
    edited March 2012

As I recall, DMB was listed on Company House. Shouldn't be too difficult to file lawsuit against the remaining members of the company and get your $15 back.

• @Damian said: As I recall, DMB was listed on Company's House. Shouldn't be too difficult to file lawsuit against the remaining members of the company and get your $15 back.

Yes, but the fees involved would be greater than the reward.
    There's very little point in doing it.

It's £150, as far as I know, any other Brits want to confirm that?

• jhjh Member
    edited March 2012

@judouk said: @jtodd - I have a problem with giving anyone money and then watching them run away with it

Sure but why waste your time as well? If it's just a small amount of money, move on.

As I recall, DMB was listed on Company House. Shouldn't be too difficult to file lawsuit against the remaining members of the company and get your $15 back.

The majority shareholder is completely clueless and I don't think any judge's time (or even a law student's time) is worth that $15.

Unless someone wants to start lowendlitigation.com