Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CSF : Who closes online forum in holidays ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CSF : Who closes online forum in holidays ?

2»

Comments

• Disclaimer: I mostly lurk and don't have very valuable opinions. So please take this opinion with a pinch of salt.

I'm a long time user of CSF and it has saved my sanity for a good decade. For free. I think a lot of us web developers / freelancers / admins owe him a lot. Not money because the product is free, but in general.

So, for a free product, I think the guy is entitled to his free time, if there is a legal requirement to moderate 24x7.

What he should be doing is that, for corporate / business installs, he should be charging $20-$50 a year and for hobbyists / really small revenue users (freelancer, newbie developer, etc) he should keep a donation button. With said funds he should hire someone to moderate. And maybe get a bit rich or something. The product (CSF) is pretty cool, IMO.

Thanked by 3lonea mgcAna foxtare