Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap vps in singapore or hongkong or japan/ bitter experience with HostHatch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap vps in singapore or hongkong or japan/ bitter experience with HostHatch

Well. I m very fraustrated with the hosthatch because finally they cheated me by cancelling my BF order without prior notice. I ordered their BF deal knowing the risk of being 2 weeks late. but they mailed me some days ago that 'Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are revising the ETA of delivery to 1st January, 2023.' and i replied them that, It's okay and i will definitely/happily wait. and requested theme that, i will be more than happy if i could get the benefit of more ram and storage etc that was introduced with the deal by paying for a 3 years plan, because i have mistakenly forgotten to pay for 3 years. however, they replied that, Since these plans are provided at near cost pricing, it would be more profitable for us to refund you rather than provide free resources.

and, today with a sudden mail i m informed that, my order is cancelled and refunded.

So, now i m again for a similar search, after a long wait with Hosthatch. my Bad luck? or thay are usually cheater?

Comments

• nivritonivrito Member
    edited December 2022

the screenshot of my last ticket: https://prnt.sc/MJAl2Skdl9hq

• my invoice no. Invoice 293731

• nick_nick_ Member
    edited December 2022

You got a refund and called them a cheater?

• lmao ok

• Full story :)

• if you like being cheated on and gambling on pre-orders/support seems like @VirMach flash sale is a perfect thing for you! https://virmach.com/flash-sale/

• I think @hosthatch will stop doing support on promotional services soon. The headaches... :D

• I think it's because you requested 3 year advance payment benefit, if you hadn't do that— hosthatch will deliver your order.

Thanked by 1nivrito
  • @nick_ said:
    You got a refund and called them a cheater?

Why not? They kept me waiting for almost a month and i didn't ordersny other host's offer just because i believed and depended on their word.

• nivritonivrito Member
    edited December 2022

@Liso said:
    I think it's because you requested 3 year advance payment benefit, if you hadn't do that— hosthatch will deliver your order.

But i told them i will happily wait without that part.

• @gdnotme said:
    I think @hosthatch will stop doing support on promotional services soon. The headaches... :D

😮‍💨

• @JabJab said:
    if you like being cheated on and gambling on pre-orders/support seems like @VirMach flash sale is a perfect thing for you! https://virmach.com/flash-sale/

I dont hVe idea on virmach. Are they more unreliable?

• @nivrito said:

@Liso said:
    I think it's because you requested 3 year advance payment benefit, if you hadn't do that— hosthatch will deliver your order.

And after being told no, you bumped the ticket and then went on to suggested that they should be able to give you the original 3-year deal because they adjusted your delivery date.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • I mean if you gonna call out provider on your mistakes and push it on them then you really shouldn't be shocked that some will decide to not continue with you.

No one cares if this alter, correct or I don't know fix a typo. You did it, it's mostly your problem, they CAN accommodate you, but are not obligated too. Especially after you been told that it is not possible.

Thanked by 1nobizzle
  • nivritonivrito Member
    edited December 2022

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

And after being told no, you bumped the ticket and then went on to suggested that they should be able to give you the original 3-year deal because they adjusted your delivery date.

I m learning sonething here. Csn u please inform, was my arguent lie?

• @tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

I have definitely that right to argue/say, but that doesn't give right to tgem to cancel the order without my consent and prior notice.

• It feels like 50 percent of all bad reviews of HH are based on stupid threads like this one.

Looking for cheap vps in singapore or hongkong or japan/ HostHatch had a bitter experience with me

Would be correct

Thanked by 1bdl
  • @nobizzle said:
    It feels like 50 percent of all bad reviews of HH are based on stupid threads like this one.

Looking for cheap vps in singapore or hongkong or japan/ HostHatch had a bitter experience with me

Would be correct

So, u think they did right?

• @nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

No, you didn't lie. But no-one accused you of that.

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

I have definitely that right to argue/say, but that doesn't give right to tgem to cancel the order without my consent and prior notice.

This is where you are wrong. Each time you write a message to support, it costs the provider time (and time is money). If you bump a ticket: time. If you ask for something after you've already been told no: time. So when you make four posts essentially about the same request, the provider's impression is that you are a "needy" or "high maintenance" customer.

Each provider has a different way of dealing with that. Some will factor in such costs by charging more for their VPS. Some might deprioritize your tickets (or not answer them). HostHatch are known to have a quick trigger and low margin on their sale plans, so if a customer starts chewing up support time, they rapidly project you are going to be a "loss-making customer" and refund your money before the server is delivered. Yes, they can do that.

It is not a matter of right/wrong, it is a matter of this is how HH works and if you want a "right" to argue then you & them are not a good match. Some people are OK with it and some aren't.

• 💙👍😮‍💨

• ralfralf Member
    edited December 2022

From their OP on the offer thread:

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these plans.

There is no difference in the quality of the servers itself - as we use the same backend, enterprise hardware and excellent monitoring for all of our services. We run a standardized and redundant Juniper based network in all of our locations, which allows us to deliver excellent uptime and network performance.

And yet, you've continued pestering them to give you a better deal after they already said no. If the service had already been provisioned, it'd be a bit rude to cancel it, but as it was still on pre-order and you'd already caused them a lot of hassle on a minimal-support promotional deal, I'm not surprised they cancelled to save more hassles further down the line.

• Thank u for this. I will remember.

best regards,

Thanked by 1nivrito
  • nivritonivrito Member
    edited December 2022

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

This is where you are wrong. Each time you write a message to support, it costs the provider time (and time is money). If you bump a ticket: time. If you ask for something after you've already been told no: time. So when you make four posts essentially about the same request, the provider's impression is that you are a "needy" or "high maintenance" customer.

Each provider has a different way of dealing with that. Some will factor in such costs by charging more for their VPS. Some might deprioritize your tickets (or not answer them). HostHatch are known to have a quick trigger and low margin on their sale plans, so if a customer starts chewing up support time, they rapidly project you are going to be a "loss-making customer" and refund your money before the server is delivered. Yes, they can do that.

It is not a matter of right/wrong, it is a matter of this is how HH works and if you want a "right" to argue then you & them are not a good match. Some people are OK with it and some aren't.

Thanks for ur reply. I learned something new. But m still feel dusturbed vecause i was just waiting for the order to be delivered and no other option i kept during this BF since i baught this offer. i m awaee of law and right. But I m actually no bandwith consumer and my usage is so low that tge provider will regrate after my purchase, i think. I just use them for some of my petsonal blog site.

• @ralf said:
    From their OP on the offer thread:

Are there any other differences between our normal and discounted plans?

Yes, primarily our support. It can take several days to resolve issues, especially issues that require complex investigation. Please choose one of the services from hosthatch.com directly for production usage, with access to our normal support queue. Our promotional services are provided at near-cost pricing to fill up excess capacity and should be used accordingly. We also do not offer location migrations and/or other flexibilities on these plans.

There is no difference in the quality of the servers itself - as we use the same backend, enterprise hardware and excellent monitoring for all of our services. We run a standardized and redundant Juniper based network in all of our locations, which allows us to deliver excellent uptime and network performance.

And yet, you've continued pestering them to give you a better deal after they already said no. If the service had already been provisioned, it'd be a bit rude to cancel it, but as it was still on pre-order and you'd already caused them a lot of hassle on a minimal-support promotional deal, I'm not surprised they cancelled to save more hassles further down the line.

Ha Ha. They replied my querry after sbout a week or two. What a service!

• Hosthatch is a scam.

• @nivrito said: But I m actually no bandwith consumer and my usage is so low that tge provider will regrate after my purchase, i think.

I guarantee, the provider will not even remember who you are by tomorrow, much less be filled with regret and remorse by not allowing you to continue to fill his support inbox.

• @Jackma1 said:
    Hosthatch is a scam.

Jackma1 is a scam.

We all love those valuable posts with shit ton of details and proofs.

• @nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

Thanks for ur reply. I learned something new. But m still feel dusturbed vecause i was just waiting for the order to be delivered and no other option i kept during this BF since i baught this offer. i m awaee of law and right. But I m actually no bandwith consumer and my usage is so low that tge provider will regrate after my purchase, i think. I just use them for some of my petsonal blog site.

I can understand where you are coming from, but that is a risk of taking any pre-order VPS - if it doesn't work out (for whatever reason) then you've passed up other options. If it works, you're a hero; if it doesn't work, you have regret. Sometimes paying a bit more to have something immediate is better, because if it doesn't work out you have the chance to go with a second option. Best thing is to consider it a learning experience and look for a New Year offer.

• @tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

@nivrito said:

@tetech said:

@nivrito said:

@Liso said:

I can understand where you are coming from, but that is a risk of taking any pre-order VPS - if it doesn't work out (for whatever reason) then you've passed up other options. If it works, you're a hero; if it doesn't work, you have regret. Sometimes paying a bit more to have something immediate is better, because if it doesn't work out you have the chance to go with a second option. Best thing is to consider it a learning experience and look for a New Year offer.

💙 thanks a lot! Beside all this critisism i will welcome any information regarding my search.

• ah, another hosthatch drama