Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merry Christmas from BuyVM! More features from Franta Claus! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Merry Christmas from BuyVM! More features from Franta Claus!

Comments

• @DP said:
    @Daniel15 said:

I discovered that! I was able to snag a basic KVM slice and a 512MB storage block in Luxembourg, which is perfect for what I wanted to try. Seems they are frequently out of stock as well!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@amess said: I always wonder why you don't buy more hardware.

>

We do :) We put up quite a bit of gear this past year.

But, we had some other bigger projects to address like network improvements.

We'll build more soon, but first is getting at least a few locations moved up to 5900x's.

As for sales: correct, we don't normally do any. The only sale we did this year was the dedis in Miami.

Francisco

@vishalpatelz said: Merry Christmas everyone,

@Francisco Are you planing ro restock buyshared and buyvm plans?

Thanks!!

BuyVM will restock in the morning for whatever came back over the holidays.

BuyShared will restock whenever Namecrane gets off the ground.

Francisco

• @ItsGermy said:
    What's the ETA on restock? I've been peeking in over the past few weeks trying to get a slice and slab in the US with no luck.

Thanks.

I think they drop daily and monthly on a certain date/time I cannot remember its been awhile since I've used them.

• @idohosting said:
    I think they drop daily and monthly on a certain date/time I cannot remember its been awhile since I've used them.

Not 100% sure but I think it is on the 1st and 7th each month.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@danielcardosopt said:

@idohosting said:

Not 100% sure but I think it is on the 1st and 7th each month.

Yes, if there's stock, from cancellations or whatever, it should be on those dates.

• Their billing period is always to the end of the month, your first month is always a partial month, so any cancellations will cause availability on the 1st, so this is the best time to try. I guess the 7th is for orders where payment didn't happen.

• @Francisco said:
    The only sale we did this year was the dedis in Miami.

Francisco

Did I miss something there? I don't recall any sales like that.

@fluffernutter said: Did I miss something there? I don't recall any sales like that.

It was a discord exclusive we did under the Anynode brand. Was just 6 blades total.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@fluffernutter said: Did I miss something there? I don't recall any sales like that.

It was a discord exclusive we did under the Anynode brand. Was just 6 blades total.

Francisco

Darn, guess I have to check the discord more often. Thanks for the reply!

@fluffernutter said: Darn, guess I have to check the discord more often. Thanks for the reply!

:)

They were annual payment only, so unless you were willing to pay $420.69/year, it wouldn't of been of interest to you anyway.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@fluffernutter said: Darn, guess I have to check the discord more often. Thanks for the reply!

:)

They were annual payment only, so unless you were willing to pay $420.69/year, it wouldn't of been of interest to you anyway.

Francisco

Would have done that in a heartbeat yep, I just wanted a limited edition frandedi :smiley:

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Does BuyVM support other BSD than FreeBSD, like OpenBSD or NetBSD?

@chitree said: Does BuyVM support other BSD than FreeBSD, like OpenBSD or NetBSD?

Sure? You can upload whatever ISO you want.

We try to keep FBSD/OBSD/NBSD ISO's up-to-date, but you can always pull whatever you want at any time, just drop the URL into Stallion.

Francisco

• Seems that an instance in Luxembourg is hard to get? Or is stock refilled constantly?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@SwordfishBE said:
    Seems that an instance in Luxembourg is hard to get? Or is stock refilled constantly?

There were some just a few days ago.

Check again on the 7th.

Thanked by 1SwordfishBE

@SwordfishBE said:
    Seems that an instance in Luxembourg is hard to get? Or is stock refilled constantly?

Should be more in a few hours :)

Francisco

• hello from russia, I tried it for a month in Luxembourg and New York, I really liked the speed, ping, it’s a pity that there are no 512 mb tariffs, maybe you can make an application so that when it appears it automatically connects? take a couple of years.

• wat

@Popkadyrak said: it’s a pity that there are no 512 mb tariffs, maybe you can make an application so that when it appears it automatically connects? take a couple of years.

• @Popkadyrak They don’t sell 512 MB plans anymore. Just haven’t removed it from the website yet.

• @JabJab said:
    wat

@Popkadyrak said: it’s a pity that there are no 512 mb tariffs, maybe you can make an application so that when it appears it automatically connects? take a couple of years.

He said: Hello from russia. This ist Google auto translate. Want notification when 512 MB plan is available. Don't want to wait forever.

Thanked by 2JabJab sasslik
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 2023

@snow2k said: He said: Hello from russia. This ist Google auto translate. Want notification when 512 MB plan is available. Don't want to wait forever.

Okey, this makes sense, never would figure out that application that connects is a notification. Good job Google Translate (or Yandex?) :D

Thanks.

• @JabJab said:

@snow2k said: He said: Hello from russia. This ist Google auto translate. Want notification when 512 MB plan is available. Don't want to wait forever.

Okey, this makes sense, never would figure out that application that connects is a notification. Good job Google Translate (or Yandex?) :D

Thanks.

Maybe he wanted automagic ordering and setup instead of notification. Or something in between - who knows ;)

• @snow2k said:

@JabJab said:

Thanks.

Maybe he wanted automagic ordering and setup instead of notification. Or something in between - who knows ;)

Yes, the order, it was Google writing from the phone, Yandex is evil)), discounts for a year are found?

• @Francisco said:

@SwordfishBE said:

Should be more in a few hours :)

Francisco

Why don't you add an ordering queue so people can buy from you directly and cut out the referrals from the stock notification site? You'll be able to gauge interest more accurately and keep the sales of the ones who manually check and move on to another provider with instant stock.

@TimboJones said: Why don't you add an ordering queue so people can buy from you directly and cut out the referrals from the stock notification site? You'll be able to gauge interest more accurately and keep the sales of the ones who manually check and move on to another provider with instant stock.

We'll likely add direct notifications into billing at some point soon.

Francisco

• Yo franta @Francisco when the lux server will be restocked?

• Try 1 February

• @Francisco said:

Route smaller blocks via BGP, on-the-fly change your outbound route!

We’re working to interlink our locations, allowing users to be able to announce a /24 (for instance) over BGP, and then announce smaller blocks (even a single IP) in another BuyVM location, and it will interlink/cross over. Perfect for VPN companies that want a smaller block in each DC!

You’ll soon be able to control what ISP (basically Cogent or HE) your VPS takes for outbound traffic, on the fly. This will be done via a setting in Stallion, or by setting DSCP with your firewall.

Any update on when this feature will coming in stallion?
    Thanks

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • @Francisco BuyShared rejects my domain for some reason.