Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Merry Christmas from BuyVM! More features from Franta Claus! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Merry Christmas from BuyVM! More features from Franta Claus!

Comments

• @jcolideles said:

@treesmokah said:
    Do you guys build your own servers?
    Are they rack or tower?

I have not seen many pre-built rack servers with "consumer grade" CPU's.

If you are using 1U Rack servers, I would be thankful if you could recommend some comfy 1U case.

isnt it 2018,Before fran used 3990x?

• @AndreDonz said:

@jcolideles said:

@treesmokah said:
    Are they rack or tower?

If you are using 1U Rack servers, I would be thankful if you could recommend some comfy 1U case.

It still looks like a desktop mobo in there.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@treesmokah said:

@AndreDonz said:

@jcolideles said:

@treesmokah said:
    Are they rack or tower?

Those are E3s with supermicro server boards.

Francisco

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • @Francisco said:

@treesmokah said:

@AndreDonz said:

@jcolideles said:

@treesmokah said:
    Are they rack or tower?

Those are E3s with supermicro server boards.

Francisco

Can we take a look at your 5950x

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • Just want to say. You guys are just amazing, and I love the service you provide. I can't wait for the future.

Thanked by 1Francisco

@AndreDonz said:
    Can we take a look at your 5950x

Here's what a rack of slices looks like:

Francisco

• What about traffic on Private LAN spanning multiple locations? Are they unmetered the same?

@rattlecattle said: What about traffic on Private LAN spanning multiple locations? Are they unmetered the same?

It will be once deployed.

You're still limited by whatever speed it would be over the WAN port, since we're just forming encrypted tunnels to bond the networks. I'm not getting dark fiber.

Francisco

Thanked by 1rattlecattle
  • Franta Claus :lol:

• great offers !

• Please give more ram for current price.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@Francisco said: Route smaller blocks via BGP, on-the-fly change your outbound route!

We’re working to interlink our locations, allowing users to be able to announce a /24 (for instance) over BGP, and then announce smaller blocks (even a single IP) in another BuyVM location, and it will interlink/cross over. Perfect for VPN companies that want a smaller block in each DC!

ETA? That's a big game changer (for us) since we use you for VPN locations. Excited for this and will let us be less wasteful with our IPs.

Thanked by 1yoursunny

@MannDude said:

@Francisco said: Route smaller blocks via BGP, on-the-fly change your outbound route!

We’re working to interlink our locations, allowing users to be able to announce a /24 (for instance) over BGP, and then announce smaller blocks (even a single IP) in another BuyVM location, and it will interlink/cross over. Perfect for VPN companies that want a smaller block in each DC!

ETA? That's a big game changer (for us) since we use you for VPN locations. Excited for this and will let us be less wasteful with our IPs.

I’d like to have it done in January :) it’s not a big project, I just need to make sure I don’t break other things.

Francisco

Thanked by 1LightBlade

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said:

I’d like to have it done in January :) it’s not a big project, I just need to make sure I don’t break other things.

Francisco

I'm wet with excitement.

@MannDude said:

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said:

Francisco

I'm wet with excitement.

Christmas is cancelled.

Francisco

• @MannDude said:

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said:

Francisco

I'm wet with excitement.

Thanked by 10xbkt
  • Great gifts. Merry Xmas.

• @Francisco said: Here's what a >rack of slices looks like:

You've got a nice rack there, Fran!

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @ChrisMiller merry xmas.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller

@Francisco said:

@MannDude said:

Francisco

Oh yeah, probably a dumb question, but will this be for v4 only?

• @Hxxx said:
    @ChrisMiller merry xmas.

Thanks! Same to you! <3

• Merry Christmas everyone,

@Francisco Are you planing ro restock buyshared and buyvm plans?

Thanks!!

• @MannDude said:

@MannDude said:

Btw, will "BS Blocking VPN" run on Fran servers?

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

@MannDude said:

Yeah, as well as in NL. I probably just those 5 locations plus our future US location so that we can use our IPs.

• @MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

@MannDude said:

Yeah, as well as in NL. I probably just those 5 locations plus our future US location so that we can use our IPs.

Will you own your hardware in your US loc btw?
    Can you tease us with data center loc?

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

@treesmokah said:

@MannDude said:

@MannDude said:

Will you own your hardware in your US loc btw?
    Can you tease us with data center loc?

Owning hardware costs too much and requires additional cost for support. We don't finance, borrow or spend money that isn't ours. Our hardware we lease because it's cheaper. Instead of waiting 10 to 14 months to turn a profit on a node, we profit month one on all new deployed nodes that we rent.

While it'd be nice to own everything outright it's not worth it if we have to take on tens of thousands in debt to do that. At least not right now.

Unless someone wants to give me a ton of money to buy gear (and pay for someone competent to manage it all,) this isn't going to change anytime soon.

I don't want to derail this thread. Feel free to PM me or start a new thread about the subject .

US location: Wherever can provide us similar to our setup in NL. Private vlans, let us use our own IPs/ASN, and similar hardware costs.

Thanked by 1treesmokah
  • What's the ETA on restock? I've been peeking in over the past few weeks trying to get a slice and slab in the US with no luck.

Thanks.

• @SocksAreComfortable said: I feel like I wish I'd have found this during BF specials, lol....

BuyVM generally doesn't do Black Friday sales.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Daniel15 said:

@SocksAreComfortable said: I feel like I wish I'd have found this during BF specials, lol....

BuyVM generally doesn't do Black Friday sales.

Or even any type of discounted sales in general :smiley:

• I always wonder why you don't buy more hardware.