Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DediPath Holiday / New Years Sale! Dedicated Servers From $39/Mo | SSD VPS From $9/Year! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DediPath Holiday / New Years Sale! Dedicated Servers From $39/Mo | SSD VPS From $9/Year!

13»

Comments

• ErnieErnie Patron Provider, Veteran

@reizhi said:
    Seems your colleague didn't want to change a node for me. #588146

Server: Netprotect - Dallas, TX (id: 42296)
             ISP: DediPath
    Idle Latency:     4.96 ms   (jitter: 1.87ms, low: 2.98ms, high: 7.12ms)
        Download:   275.55 Mbps (data used: 384.3 MB)
                     12.36 ms   (jitter: 16.39ms, low: 2.71ms, high: 202.78ms)
          Upload:   101.87 Mbps (data used: 173.0 MB)
                      9.61 ms   (jitter: 10.86ms, low: 2.92ms, high: 81.54ms)

I believe this wasn’t handled yesterday for you. I’d you need anything further please let me know.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2023

LOL, 80 MBs io is not slow! Man, people think you are actually going to get a full gig pipe also. Also running speedtest.net is not even recommended for network performance. Iperf is what you need to run.

Thanked by 1Ernie

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    LOL, 80 MBs io is not slow! Man, people think you are actually going to get a full gig pipe also. Also running speedtest.net is not even recommended for network performance. Iperf is what you need to run.

Thank you :)

• vbavba Member
    edited January 2023

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

for SSD it is slow, dont say anything if you dont try.
    i tried download from Seattke vultr and SFO digitalocean and get only below 1MB/s

try it first before comment

• vbavba Member
    edited January 2023

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

most ssd vps provider will provide you better i/o speed with almost 15 usd/month, more than 80MB/s.

@vba alright bro! Actually I have tried and I had no problem with dedipath. So you need to have what 500 meg plus read and writes? Come on first it is not nvme and second it is shared. Getting 80 meg io is pretty decent for how full the node is. The network speeds may need to come up a little bit what exactly did you pay? Gosh

• vbavba Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @vba alright bro! Actually I have tried and I had no problem with dedipath. So you need to have what 500 meg plus read and writes? Come on first it is not nvme and second it is shared. Getting 80 meg io is pretty decent for how full the node is. The network speeds may need to come up a little bit what exactly did you pay? Gosh

Do you mean 1Mbps download is decent for 15usd/month? (Download test from US using vps in New York location)

I don't know what they give to you so you trying to defend them but if you check more posting on this thread, not only me complaining about network speed but I'm the only who still get low network speed after migrations.

edited January 2023

@vba Oh did you open a ticket? I said the network speeds does need to come up! LOL, I'm defending them by saying IO is acceptable. LOL, I am a paid shill! Try again! Good luck! Have you run iperf to test actually network performance?

@vba said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Do you mean 1Mbps download is decent for 15usd/month? (Download test from US using vps in New York location)

I don't know what they give to you so you trying to defend them but if you check more posting on this thread, not only me complaining about network speed but I'm the only who still get low network speed after migrations.

Can you please pm me your ticket id? Obviously that speed is not normal.

• vbavba Member

@PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @vba Oh did you open a ticket? I said the network speeds does need to come up! LOL, I'm defending them by saying IO is acceptable. LOL, I am a paid shill! Try again! Good luck! Have you run iperf to test actually network performance?

I did run yabs yesterday after waiting half hour and still not complete then i just posted bench.sh here

After you replied today, i tried to login and run yabs again then after 1 hour still not complete and vps not pingable. Honestly that time i wanted to share my vps access to you and want you take back what you said by testing my vps performance. But seems they take it down and yes i opened tiket and they migrated to new one place which the result is same.

• vbavba Member

@Ernie said:

@vba said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Feel free to check ticket #722012
    And see how many issue happened just after ordered. Vps not working many times and also today. well, that is fine. I dont want to use it again, i moved my data to somewhere more reliable

@vba said:

@Ernie said:

@vba said:

@PieHasBeenEaten said:

Feel free to check ticket #722012
    And see how many issue happened just after ordered. Vps not working many times and also today. well, that is fine. I dont want to use it again, i moved my data to somewhere more reliable

Thanks I’ll take a look.