Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSslim: Asked for Refund On A Server Never Delivered... They Closed My Account Never Refunded Me.. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSslim: Asked for Refund On A Server Never Delivered... They Closed My Account Never Refunded Me..

2»

Comments

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2022

May I, cough cough!!

1. if you fear user based billing, better to use blesta
    2. we do not take offline a certain coupon, its taken care off by the billing panel automation
    3. vpsslim at the 1st instance, atleast to me, never informed that they are running short of nodes
    4. incase you forgot to take off the coupon or did not had h/w the provider should simply refund without the o/p client asking for a refund!
    5. atleast do reply once in 24hours to the support tickets, which this provider did not do (atleast to me)
    6. its clearly a case of cheating, you float coupons, take money, then get a node, then provision the vm's and yes if the client says a word, close his account
    7. lessons learned (including me) always pay via paypal
    8. why am i writing this much? man every shit happened with me except the closing of the account
    9. by the way ths same vpsslim kept my idle account without any active serives for more than 3 years, all this time may be whmcs did not bill them per user

cough cough!!

• @SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:
    **Update: **

@VPSSLIM upon creating this post messaged us. They instantly looked into the issue and asked if they could refund us via Paypal. We don't have Paypal but understand companies don't keep crypto.

I've chosen not to accept a refund due too much overhead for @VPSSLIM due to the payment option I've selected.

I personally suggested this.

This was never about the money but how the situation played out.

For @VPSSLIM some suggestions,

• Inactive accounts don't need to be closed
    • Ensure there are ways ex-customers can either buy new services without creating new accounts or open support issues.

From what I've seen here today, if you're looking to try @VPSSLIM I would give them a try. They've seemed to respond quickly and this likely is a process issue more than anything else. Issues like this could be improved, but at least you know that if something happens they'll message you via email or here on the talk.

Thanks

"Inactive accounts don't need to be closed" yes they do, WHMCS charge on a scale, and it is pointless for a provider to maybe be paying for a 5000 client license when actually maybe 1000 have active services.

odd its never happened to us before, we have tons of accounts in tons of places. but understandable from this prospective.

• @PhoMedia said:

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

@VPSSLIM upon creating this post messaged us. They instantly looked into the issue and asked if they could refund us via Paypal. We don't have Paypal but understand companies don't keep crypto.

I've chosen not to accept a refund due too much overhead for @VPSSLIM due to the payment option I've selected.

• Ensure there are ways ex-customers can either buy new services without creating new accounts or open support issues.

From what I've seen here today, if you're looking to try @VPSSLIM I would give them a try. They've seemed to respond quickly and this likely is a process issue more than anything else. Issues like this could be improved, but at least you know that if something happens they'll message you via email or here on the talk.

Thanks

"Inactive accounts don't need to be closed" yes they do, WHMCS charge on a scale, and it is pointless for a provider to maybe be paying for a 5000 client license when actually maybe 1000 have active services.

odd its never happened to us before, we have tons of accounts in tons of places. but understandable from this prospective.

Because it's never the norm. WHMCS like other said, only counts user with active service. There is literally 0 reason, as a company, that you want to delete customer account.

• vivucloudvivucloud Member
    edited December 2022

edit

• @yokowasis said:

@PhoMedia said:

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

Thanks

Because it's never the norm. WHMCS like other said, only counts user with active service. There is literally 0 reason, as a company, that you want to delete customer account.

Many countries have privacy laws that force providers to delete customer data after X time.

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted
    edited December 2022

@kasodk said:

@yokowasis said:

@PhoMedia said:

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

Thanks

Many countries have privacy laws that force providers to delete customer data after X time.

OP just create new account, purchase some “forget to take down Black Friday Deal” from VPSSLIM. Paid via crypto, and wait few days with never receives VM.

VPSSLIM decided to closed customer account, not delivery the product, dealing with OP for the refund via Pay Pal.

Yes, the provider kept the right to close the customer account according to the laws. If I have a chance to do that, I will too—no need to keep a relationship with anyone who will not become a customer, just sit down and hope for their return is a fắc kin’ nightmares to me.

but, i don't understand, the black Friday promotion was managed by automation billing, why and how they can forgot to take down??

I remember once, far far away, long time ago, I purchased on GoDaddy, and their promo is ended already, but the order are kept, as their promised. Product still be delivered, I pay exactly small amount promo to kept everything. They even apologize for the promo ended and it was a mistake timezone could not update, and they fixed that. That somehow I think it a professional work and respect to customers.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2022

@ninjatk said:

@kasodk said:

@yokowasis said:

@PhoMedia said:

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

Thanks

OP just create new account, purchase some “forget to take down Black Friday Deal” from VPSSLIM. Paid via crypto, and wait few days with never receives VM.

VPSSLIM decided to closed customer account, not delivery the product, dealing with OP for the refund via Pay Pal.

Yes, the provider kept the right to close the customer account according to the laws. If I have a chance to do that, I will too—no need to keep a relationship with anyone who will not become a customer, just sit down and hope for their return is a fắc kin’ nightmares to me.

but, i don't understand, the black Friday promotion was managed by automation billing, why and how they can forgot to take down??

I remember once, far far away, long time ago, I purchased on GoDaddy, and their promo is ended already, but the order are kept, as their promised. Product still be delivered, I pay exactly small amount promo to kept everything. They even apologize for the promo ended and it was a mistake timezone could not update, and they fixed that. That somehow I think it a professional work and respect to customers.

VPSSLIM might've just forgotten to set the Black Friday promotion to out of stock. Automation usually doesn't automatically set products to out of stock.

Customer asked for the refund because the VPS deployment times were delayed. VPSSLIM wanted to deploy the server, but the deployment times were delayed due to the mistake. It's not that VPSSLIM didn't want to deploy the server. VPSSLIM agreed to the refund, but a support member didn't realize the payment was done over crypto (so clicking the refund button didn't do nothing) and so the refund didn't go through.