Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSslim: Asked for Refund On A Server Never Delivered... They Closed My Account Never Refunded Me..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSslim: Asked for Refund On A Server Never Delivered... They Closed My Account Never Refunded Me..

PhoMediaPhoMedia Member
edited December 2022 in Reviews

I signed up for @VPSSLIM,

Short Story__
1. Servers never delivered
2. Reported
3. Told It would be fixed in 24hrs, but it was never
4. Waiting 36+ hours
5. I asked for a refund
6. They closed my account instead
7. Never responded about a refund and stole my money

Long Story__

None of my servers were deployed instantly (as the site mentioned, no biggie), I ticked them a few hours later.

They said it would be fixed today, but didn't provide information on what was broken.

24 hours later, nothing.

I signed up on the 19th.. Still nothing

I requested a refund since it's been more than 36 hours. I go to follow up today via their admin panel...

Guess what?

They closed my account, no email about the refund nothing.

They literally just took my money, didn't provide me the service, and then closed me down so I couldn't open a ticket about it again.

Maybe it's a misunderstanding, but **I would avoid them. **

Maybe @angstrom should address the team as they seem to have a track record of this kind of behavior from some basic searches on here and on Trustpilot. Likely have no place on this site

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• ok

Thanked by 1PhoMedia
  • @cybertech said:
    ok

ok

• @PhoMedia said:

@cybertech said:
    ok

ok

yes

Thanked by 1PhoMedia
  • @jmaxwell said:

@PhoMedia said:

@cybertech said:
    ok

ok

yes

ilu

• @PhoMedia said:

@jmaxwell said:

@PhoMedia said:

@cybertech said:
    ok

ok

yes

ilu

no u

Thanked by 1PhoMedia
  • You sure your story is not missing one point like "Chargeback via Paypal" which would explain everything here (except the delay with no info) - most providers will kill your account if you chargeback and let they paypal handle that.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

What's it like on your side of the story @VPSSLIM?

• PhoMediaPhoMedia Member
    edited December 2022

@JabJab said:
    You sure your story is not missing one point like "Chargeback via Paypal" which would explain everything here (except the delay with no info) - most providers will kill your account if you chargeback and let they paypal handle that.

paid with crypto... so unless eth allows this.. no..

If I was scamming them why would I bother to post here? What benefit would this add if I was trying to get away with 5 free servers and bring it to their attention lol.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@DP said:

Thanks for the mention. Looking into this issue now to see what's going on.

edited December 2022

@DP said:

Interested as well, could be a misunderstanding.

I understand things happen.

• @VPSSLIM has DM me

• $7 drama

• @vyas11 said:
    $7 drama

So you're ok with this kind of behavior?

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2022

So turns out, OP wanted to cancel his VM's because he did not want to wait for new nodes deployment. We wanted to give him VMs on a fresh new node (we were placing them anyway) OP ordered a Black Friday deal we forgot to take offline, so he took 5 servers (1.95 euro per server) :-)

My colleague clicked on the refund button but forgot to check what the payment method was since a refund doesn't work automatically on crypto. Account was closed because client didn't keep any active service and wanted to cancel.

All in all an unfortunate misunderstanding and it's being handled.

Thanked by 1abangnoob
  • ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted
    edited December 2022

thing can happens anywhere, mine not an exception. Look like drama ending. so bored :s

however, @angstrom you should keep an eye on me, i like to get involve to every drama thread that i can see.

• That was anticlimactic, I'm saving my popcorn for later.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@VPSSLIM said:
    So turns out, OP wanted to cancel his VM's because he did not want to wait for new nodes deployment. We wanted to give him VMs on a fresh new node (we were placing them anyway) OP ordered a Black Friday deal we forgot to take offline, so he took 5 servers (1.95 euro per server) :-)

My colleague clicked on the refund button but forgot to check what the payment method was since a refund doesn't work automatically on crypto. Account was closed because client didn't keep any active service and wanted to cancel.

All in all an unfortunate misunderstanding and it's being handled.

Glad to see you handling this in what I assume will be him getting a refund. I see a lesson I can learn from this for my service is to make sure I have an alternative contact route available to old customers so things can get resolved without possibly negative publicity

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @ninjatk said:
    thing can happens anywhere, mine not an exception. Look like drama ending. so bored :s

however, @angstrom you should keep an eye on me, i like to get involve to every drama thread that i can see.

I'm keeping an eye on you: you make the slightest wrong move, I'll pounce like a lion!

Thanked by 2Ympker ehab
  • @PhoMedia said: Maybe @angstrom should address the team as they seem to have a track record of this kind of behavior from some basic searches on here and on Trustpilot. Likely have no place on this site

You're new here, and @VPSSLIM has since clarified what happened

(VPSSLIM aren't scammers)

edited December 2022

@angstrom said:

@PhoMedia said: Maybe @angstrom should address the team as they seem to have a track record of this kind of behavior from some basic searches on here and on Trustpilot. Likely have no place on this site

I wouldn't say they're scammers, you're correct.

However, canceling the server shouldn't result in closing the account @VPSSLIM in the future. There are many hosts we don't have servers but have accounts we'll renew or come back without creating a new account.

We have over 100+ servers all over the place. Seems like a common practice to not disable the account.

Thanks for your reply. I'll update this thread with an update, along with updating title, etc.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @PhoMedia said:

@angstrom said:

@PhoMedia said: Maybe @angstrom should address the team as they seem to have a track record of this kind of behavior from some basic searches on here and on Trustpilot. Likely have no place on this site

I wouldn't say they're scammers, you're correct.

However, canceling the server shouldn't result in closing the account @VPSSLIM in the future. There are many hosts we don't have servers but have accounts we'll renew or come back without creating a new account.

We have over 100+ servers all over the place. Seems like a common practice to not disable the account.

Thanks for your reply. I'll update this thread with an update, along with updating title, etc.

Fwiw, my last service with Netcup probably expired in 2017. During this year's domain special I snagged a domain with them and my account was still there, verified and waiting for me :) Was nice.

Thanked by 2PhoMedia risharde
    edited December 2022

**Update: **

@VPSSLIM upon creating this post messaged us. They instantly looked into the issue and asked if they could refund us via Paypal. We don't have Paypal but understand companies don't keep crypto.

I've chosen not to accept a refund due too much overhead for @VPSSLIM due to the payment option I've selected.

I personally suggested this.

This was never about the money but how the situation played out.

For @VPSSLIM some suggestions,

• Inactive accounts don't need to be closed
    • Ensure there are ways ex-customers can either buy new services without creating new accounts or open support issues.

From what I've seen here today, if you're looking to try @VPSSLIM I would give them a try. They've seemed to respond quickly and this likely is a process issue more than anything else. Issues like this could be improved, but at least you know that if something happens they'll message you via email or here on the talk.

Thanks

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • TalistechTalistech Member
    edited December 2022

*** happy ending gif ***

Thanked by 2PhoMedia ehab
  • @Talistech said:
    *** happy ending gif ***

Just an honest soup company

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

@PhoMedia said:

@VPSSLIM upon creating this post messaged us. They instantly looked into the issue and asked if they could refund us via Paypal. We don't have Paypal but understand companies don't keep crypto.

I've chosen not to accept a refund due too much overhead for @VPSSLIM due to the payment option I've selected.

• Ensure there are ways ex-customers can either buy new services without creating new accounts or open support issues.

From what I've seen here today, if you're looking to try @VPSSLIM I would give them a try. They've seemed to respond quickly and this likely is a process issue more than anything else. Issues like this could be improved, but at least you know that if something happens they'll message you via email or here on the talk.

Thanks

"Inactive accounts don't need to be closed" yes they do, WHMCS charge on a scale, and it is pointless for a provider to maybe be paying for a 5000 client license when actually maybe 1000 have active services.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited December 2022

Redacted due to Advin's clarification

P.S - I don't want to close clients's account if they don't have services with me unless they ask me to remove their account.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

Thanks

"Inactive accounts don't need to be closed" yes they do, WHMCS charge on a scale, and it is pointless for a provider to maybe be paying for a 5000 client license when actually maybe 1000 have active services.

WHMCS only counts active clients with active services, not inactive accounts with no active services if I recall correctly.

edited December 2022

WHMCS only counts active clients with active services, not inactive accounts with no active services if I recall correctly.

I have tons of accounts at the different hosts, all using WHMCS. I don't have active services, today I login into one of those accounts and then bought a service.

I've never seen a screen like this

Seems a bit odd to have active = paid services...

How does someone even create an account then?

imgur.com/zz2bF5

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

@SWS said:

@PhoMedia said:

Thanks

If you guys worries about WHMCS fee charge on high, just try for Blesta.
    Yes. i dont think deleted an account that someone registered on hosting services is a good idea, unless inactive account violence something wrong or terrible thing, then at that problem can considering a disabled account.

and i would love to countinue if the drama still on, but safly, it already ended… long ago, far far away.