Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help to manage high traffic website - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help to manage high traffic website

2»

Comments

• @chihcherng said:
    Run the following script and post back the output file $SYS_STATUS. It collects information on your memory, CPU, network socket, and disk consumption. Perhaps we could find where the bottleneck is then.

:
    SYS_STATUS=`hostname`-`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M`.txt

( echo "Hostname: `hostname`"
    date; free -m; ps ax; w; netstat -n; df -k;
    vmstat 5 12
    date; free -m; ps ax; w; netstat -n; df -k) > $SYS_STATUS

I am getting following error
    $SYS_STATUS: ambiguous redirect

• @bdspice said:

@Iamtechguru said:

@mhosting_in said:
    if you buy VPS from a provider who is overselling too much VPS on one node then CPU load time may be shown high otherwise your VPS configuration is fine to handle this traffic.

I am using contabo

Try @Shakib or @NDTN. Because they both have high performance cpu and nvme disk at cheap price. Try to find best yabs scores from here. And try to use Singapore datacenter since your traffic is from india.

My VPS is in Germany, but I am using CloudFlare. My experience with Contabo Singapore VPS is not good, in last three month I have faced 2-3 downtime.

• DoragonDoragon Member
    edited December 2022

@Iamtechguru said:
    Now the problem is sometimes at the peak hours my website start to show server error and also load slowly.

What do the server logs say for the error? At 80,000 page views/day, your setup is serving 1 qps, which should be fine with your server setup...

• @Iamtechguru said:

My VPS is in Germany, but I am using CloudFlare. My experience with Contabo Singapore VPS is not good, in last three month I have faced 2-3 downtime.

I used Contabo for almost 5years for client. But for high performance server i dont prefer contabo at all. You should try some other providers with high performance server. You dont need such configuration which you have currently.

• chihcherngchihcherng Veteran
    edited December 2022

@Iamtechguru said: I am getting following error
    $SYS_STATUS: ambiguous redirect

I forgot to mention that you need to put the code in a file and execute the file. As the netstat command is not built-in in Linux anymore, we have to use the ss command instead. Please put the following code in a file (for example, /tmp/tmp1.sh) and then execute it with bash ("bash /tmp/tmp1.sh). The output will be saved in a text file named with your hostname and the time of execution.

:
    SYS_STATUS=`hostname`-`date +%Y%m%d-%H%M`.txt

( echo "Hostname: `hostname`"
    date; free -m; ps ax; w; ss -n; df -k;
    vmstat 5 12
    date; free -m; ps ax; w; ss -n; df -k) > $SYS_STATUS

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Why not go for some managed server have peace. There are quite a few affordable management services.

• @Saahib said:
    Why not go for some managed server have peace. There are quite a few affordable management services.

names please?

• @Iamtechguru said:

@Saahib said:

names please?

Bob Cares have been nice to me (but they’re seperate to your hosting).

But first try a more highly performant server with NGINX FastCGI for page caching and Redis for object caching.

• @JasonM said:

@Iamtechguru said: So my questions are

1. Should I offload my media files (images) to S3/Google Cloud/Digital Ocean etc?
    2. Should I increase server configuration?
    3. Should I upgrade litespeed license type?
    4. Should I change control panel?
    5. Should I change my server to nginx?
    6. Should I buy dedicated server?

1. yes, media files should better be offloaded to s3/b2 other storage vps.
    2. well, i have a WP site having 45K posts, 12K daily visitors and hosting it on 2CPU 2GB RAM shared hosting, with litespeed cache and cloudflare full cache. IDK why you need 30GB RAM, 8 Core CPU for such low-traffic site with just 18K daily visitors?
    3. try.
    4. nope
    5. litespeed and nginx are bit similar to performance.
    6. nope.

How to enable Cloudflare full cache?

• jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited December 2022

@Iamtechguru said: How to enable Cloudflare full cache?

Pay $5/month for their WordPress APO solution. This only works if your users are logged out.

https://www.cloudflare.com/pg-lp/speed-up-wordpress-with-cloudflare-apo/

• @Iamtechguru said: How to enable Cloudflare full cache?

go to cloudflare > domain > rules > page rules
    then enter new page rule as
    URL field: https://www.example.com/*
    Pick a setting field : "cache level" and under select cache level box, select "cache everything"

also note in every html,php,dynamic page of your site, enter s-maxage=86400 has cache-control header. 86400 is seconds. you can set anywhere upto 1 year. so CDN will cache that page for longest time.

• jwg29859jwg29859 Member
    edited December 2022

Cloudflare caching might help.

• @JasonM said:

@Iamtechguru said: How to enable Cloudflare full cache?

go to cloudflare > domain > rules > page rules
    then enter new page rule as
    URL field: https://www.example.com/*
    Pick a setting field : "cache level" and under select cache level box, select "cache everything"

also note in every html,php,dynamic page of your site, enter s-maxage=86400 has cache-control header. 86400 is seconds. you can set anywhere upto 1 year. so CDN will cache that page for longest time.

Thank you so much