Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Are there any good VPS offers still available from Black Friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Are there any good VPS offers still available from Black Friday?

In particular I wonder if there is a better deal than what I have with Hetzner Cloud now, 4 AMD cores 8GB of RAM for 13.6 euros/month plus VAT. It's for my Mastodon instance, so nothing really critical so I can save a few bucks if possible.

Comments

  • assuming you want EU location , maybe you can keep an eye on netcup December offers

  • @qtwrk said:
    assuming you want EU location , maybe you can keep an eye on netcup December offers

    I have had problems with Netcup in the past, so really something else. Yep EU location would be best for me as I'm located in Finland.

  • What about Advin Servers? Is it reliable? They still have an offer for a "beta high memory VPS" at $7.99 for 4 cores and 16 GB in Amsterdam https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181186/advin-servers-8-month-16gb-ram-vps-free-let-giveaways-not-clickbait/p1

  • @vitobotta said:
    What about Advin Servers? Is it reliable? They still have an offer for a "beta high memory VPS" at $7.99 for 4 cores and 16 GB in Amsterdam https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181186/advin-servers-8-month-16gb-ram-vps-free-let-giveaways-not-clickbait/p1

    I was a happy customer in the past. But he closed his Helsinki location based on hetzner.
    You can also check server factory deals. Here or on LES.

  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

    Ive got some stock left unexpectly due to getting larger nodes then planned.

    BRUTAL 2022 Black-Friday Killer Deal II - - KVM VPS AMD Epyc Storage

    CPU - 4 vCore - AMD Epyc 7702p
    RAM - 2GB
    Bandwidth - 10Gbit unmetered !SHARED! (FAIR USE! - 1gbit limit after 44TB BW)
    Disk Space - 1TB HD
    Port Speed - 10 Gbit
    IP Addresse(s) - 1
    Operating System - Linux
    36€/semi-annually
    or
    64€/YEAR
    ORDER
    just if interested
  • @HostSlick said:
    Ive got some stock left unexpectly due to getting larger nodes then planned.

    BRUTAL 2022 Black-Friday Killer Deal II - - KVM VPS AMD Epyc Storage

    CPU - 4 vCore - AMD Epyc 7702p
    RAM - 2GB
    Bandwidth - 10Gbit unmetered !SHARED! (FAIR USE! - 1gbit limit after 44TB BW)
    Disk Space - 1TB HD
    Port Speed - 10 Gbit
    IP Addresse(s) - 1
    Operating System - Linux
    36€/semi-annually
    or
    64€/YEAR
    ORDER
    just if interested

    2GB of RAM with 4 cores is very weird...

  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2022
  • @HostSlick CPU policy?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

    I mean, there's always Contabo:

    We offer high quality virtual private servers at a value (featuring AMD EPYC™ 7282 processors, NVMe SSDs, and a truckload of RAM and traffic) so you can build more for less.

  • @Ympker said:
    I mean, there's always Contabo:

    We offer high quality virtual private servers at a value (featuring AMD EPYC™ 7282 processors, NVMe SSDs, and a truckload of RAM and traffic) so you can build more for less.

    I was thinking about Contabo actually..... performance has never been great when I have used it in the past but for Mastodon I wouldn't care. I might just go with this I think...

  • @vitobotta said:

    @Ympker said:
    I mean, there's always Contabo:

    We offer high quality virtual private servers at a value (featuring AMD EPYC™ 7282 processors, NVMe SSDs, and a truckload of RAM and traffic) so you can build more for less.

    I was thinking about Contabo actually..... performance has never been great when I have used it in the past but for Mastodon I wouldn't care. I might just go with this I think...

    Have you tried their NVMe line already? I heard it's way more performant than their regular SSD (where you have to contact support to lift limits on SSDs).

  • @Ympker said:

    @vitobotta said:

    @Ympker said:
    I mean, there's always Contabo:

    We offer high quality virtual private servers at a value (featuring AMD EPYC™ 7282 processors, NVMe SSDs, and a truckload of RAM and traffic) so you can build more for less.

    I was thinking about Contabo actually..... performance has never been great when I have used it in the past but for Mastodon I wouldn't care. I might just go with this I think...

    Have you tried their NVMe line already? I heard it's way more performant than their regular SSD (where you have to contact support to lift limits on SSDs).

    No, I haven't but I have heard the same comments. For me in the past the main problem with them was CPU Steal though.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @vitobotta said:

    @Ympker said:

    @vitobotta said:

    @Ympker said:
    I mean, there's always Contabo:

    We offer high quality virtual private servers at a value (featuring AMD EPYC™ 7282 processors, NVMe SSDs, and a truckload of RAM and traffic) so you can build more for less.

    I was thinking about Contabo actually..... performance has never been great when I have used it in the past but for Mastodon I wouldn't care. I might just go with this I think...

    Have you tried their NVMe line already? I heard it's way more performant than their regular SSD (where you have to contact support to lift limits on SSDs).

    No, I haven't but I have heard the same comments. For me in the past the main problem with them was CPU Steal though.

    Well, only testing will reveal if WYSIWYG . Maybe another option is better then?

  • Every blackfriday deal has gone

    But hosthatch still party

Sign In or Register to comment.