Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Can I buy from a Russian Company?!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Can I buy from a Russian Company?!

Hi all,

I'm living in Australia.
My Credit card and paypal are for Australia. due to sanctions on Russia I'm wonder if I buy any VPS or Server from a Russian Company.
They don't accept Crypto too.
What shall I do?

Thanked by 1IziD
«1

Comments

  • Buy from another company.

  • Not a good idea.

  • Why do you need a server from a Russian company? @Gamexland

    Thanked by 1bdl
  • @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    Ask them? Don't they have some support ticket system or something?

  • @Sapcedor said:
    Why do you need a server from a Russian company? @Gamexland

    They have Zerotier network on their OS Images. do you know somewere?

  • @Mumbly said:

    @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    Ask them? Don't they have some support ticket system or something?

    I Asked but they Accept VISA and Master card . I'm confuse why at this moment that Russia is Sanctioned by alot of countries they didn't accept crypto...

    Can I find any Middleman for get money from me and pay to them?

  • @Gamexland said:

    @Mumbly said:

    @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    Ask them? Don't they have some support ticket system or something?

    I Asked but they Accept VISA and Master card . I'm confuse why at this moment that Russia is Sanctioned by alot of countries they didn't accept crypto...

    Can I find any Middleman for get money from me and pay to them?

    because crypto is a scam! LOL
    On your question though, if a russian company is still accepting visa and mastercard it means they're not based in russia (the payment account is registered to someone else outside russia).

  • @Gamexland said:

    @Mumbly said:

    @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    Ask them? Don't they have some support ticket system or something?

    I Asked but they Accept VISA and Master card . I'm confuse why at this moment that Russia is Sanctioned by alot of countries they didn't accept crypto...

    Can I find any Middleman for get money from me and pay to them?

    if I remember @rustelekom might be able to help

  • rm_rm_ Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2022

    @DanSummer said: if a russian company is still accepting visa and mastercard it means they're not based in russia

    Not that simple. Companies based in Russia are still able to accept VISA and MasterCard, but only those issued by Russian banks. So even if you see a Visa/MC logo on a RU company website, that's not a guarantee, look for clarification regarding "international" cards.

    As for the OP, being in Russia I would not consider an Australian company just because they have something or the other as an OS image. The ping is around 350ms, it must be the highest ping that you ever get between any two places.

  • @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    Buy somewhere else

  • There are 3 issues here, I will try to cover them all:

    1. Moral - you will be supporting Russian war in Ukraine. Company will pay taxes which are used to sustain Putin's military and ongoing warfare.

    2. Legal - see p. 92.9 of The Criminal Code Act 1995.

    3. Technical - chance of enforcing any resemblance of lawfulness onto Russian business is near zero.

    As a bonus - consider any data uploaded behind the iron curtain to be compromised.

  • Is he picking this provider because it has a template that includes zerotier preinstalled and so he'll jump through ordering/payment hoops to skip that step?

  • @Gamexland said: due to sanctions on Russia I'm wonder if I buy any VPS or Server from a Russian Company.

    Due to sanctions on Russia you should not.

    @Gamexland said: What shall I do?

    The answer is on Hunter's laptop.

  • Many Russian hosting now accept foreign bank cards. There no problem for now to pay from foreign sources. Even PayPal.

    If you not follow by sanction lambs you can do that.

  • @Gamexland said:
    Hi all,

    I'm living in Australia.
    My Credit card and paypal are for Australia. due to sanctions on Russia I'm wonder if I buy any VPS or Server from a Russian Company.
    They don't accept Crypto too.
    What shall I do?

    Look for who accepts cryptocurrency from Russian suppliers or an intermediary who can pay

  • Inferno offered all kind of payments, include Bitcoin.

    For PayPal they manually send payment link by request.

  • SgrocksSgrocks Member
    edited December 2022

    @DanSummer said:
    because crypto is a scam! LOL

    Crypto is scam? lol wut
    made 2m$ in 2021 from crypto and now sitting in bank, life-changing scam if it is

  • rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

    @Gamexland said:
    Hi all,

    I'm living in Australia.
    My Credit card and paypal are for Australia. due to sanctions on Russia I'm wonder if I buy any VPS or Server from a Russian Company.
    They don't accept Crypto too.
    What shall I do?

    Many russian company accept Crypto as well as foreign bank cards. Just check before buying.

  • @IziD said: There are 3 issues here, I will try to cover them all:

    Moral - you will be supporting Russian war in Ukraine. Company will pay taxes which are used to sustain Putin's military and ongoing warfare.

    Legal - see p. 92.9 of The Criminal Code Act 1995.

    Technical - chance of enforcing any resemblance of lawfulness onto Russian business is near zero.

    As a bonus - consider any data uploaded behind the iron curtain to be compromised.

    Bad dancers are always hindered by own balls.

  • @rm_ said:

    @DanSummer said: if a russian company is still accepting visa and mastercard it means they're not based in russia

    Not that simple. Companies based in Russia are still able to accept VISA and MasterCard, but only those issued by Russian banks. So even if you see a Visa/MC logo on a RU company website, that's not a guarantee, look for clarification regarding "international" cards.

    As for the OP, being in Russia I would not consider an Australian company just because they have something or the other as an OS image. The ping is around 350ms, it must be the highest ping that you ever get between any two places.

    I was always wondering: do Russian companies accept something equivalent to what is known here as "Paysafecard" (sort of voucher you can buy at motor inn, supermarkets etc to pay online). Maybe that could work? Then again, I have no idea, really.

  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2022

    @Ympker said: "Paysafecard"

    Nope. That only local payment methods in few EU coutries. Not widespread.

    Also open accounts, buy/sell available only for EU residents in countries where Paysafecards available.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited December 2022

    INFERNO

    Thanked by 2Ympker bikegremlin
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited December 2022

    Please use the following thread If you want to make political posts, don't do it here.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/177624/the-russia-vs-ukraine-thread-lets-not-derail-other-threads#latest

  • @Sgrocks said:

    @DanSummer said:
    because crypto is a scam! LOL

    Crypto is scam? lol wut
    made 2m$ in 2021 from crypto and now sitting in bank, life-changing scam if it is

    Yeah, I totally believe you because I'm a $trillionaire myself. Enjoy your $2m that's just sitting in the bank.

    Thanked by 1raindog308
  • JasonMJasonM Member
    edited December 2022

    @IziD said: There are 3 issues here, I will try to cover them all:

    Moral - you will be supporting Russian war in Ukraine. Company will pay taxes which are used to sustain Putin's military and ongoing warfare.

    Legal - see p. 92.9 of The Criminal Code Act 1995.

    Technical - chance of enforcing any resemblance of lawfulness onto Russian business is near zero.

    @Gamexland

    As of April 2022 U.S. removed sanctions on web hosting, internet, domain name services.

    It also authorizes "the exportation or reexportation, sale, or supply, directly or indirectly, from the United States or by U.S. persons, wherever located, to the Russian Federation of services, software, hardware, or technology incident to the exchange of communications over the internet, such as instant messaging, videoconferencing, chat and email, social networking, sharing of photos, movies, and documents, web browsing, blogging, web hosting, and domain name registration services," which were earlier prohibited by the RuHSR.

    So U.S/EU customers/providers can buy/sell services from Russians and vice-versa. Only problem is acceptance of cards, banking, cryptos. That depends upon individual Russian provider who they are using as merchant gateway.

    Thanked by 1raindog308
  • rm_rm_ Member, IPv6 Advocate

    @Ympker said: I was always wondering: do Russian companies accept something equivalent to what is known here as "Paysafecard" (sort of voucher you can buy at motor inn, supermarkets etc to pay online). Maybe that could work? Then again, I have no idea, really.

    No, we don't have any such system. Everyone just has a proper debit card (or five, or ten, as every large company wants to sign you up with a free one of their own brand, even Yandex), many have credit cards.

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Gamexland said:
    Hi all,

    I'm living in Australia.
    My Credit card and paypal are for Australia. due to sanctions on Russia I'm wonder if I buy any VPS or Server from a Russian Company.
    They don't accept Crypto too.
    What shall I do?

    I live here and I can pay with a Russian card in exchange for cryptocurrency, send me PM

    Thanked by 1Gamexland
  • @DanSummer said:

    @Sgrocks said:

    @DanSummer said:
    because crypto is a scam! LOL

    Crypto is scam? lol wut
    made 2m$ in 2021 from crypto and now sitting in bank, life-changing scam if it is

    Yeah, I totally believe you because I'm a $trillionaire myself. Enjoy your $2m that's just sitting in the bank.

    not here to prove anything but yeah crypto being scam is total bullshit coming out of you :P

  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator

    Removed various political commentaries. There's another thread if you want to rail about the war, and a Cest Pit if you just want to bash random democracies.

    Thanked by 2rm_ DanSummer
Sign In or Register to comment.