Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FastestVPN server upgrade to 10 Gbps - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FastestVPN server upgrade to 10 Gbps

2»

Comments

• @Ympker said:
    @kidrock DSL line seems to be a bit subpar today. Without VPN I only got 170 Mbit/s of our 250 Mbit/s line. Anyway, I measured with https://fast.com as I did the other day, too.

Hope this helps :)

Speed without VPN (I am in Germany location) (Android phone): 170 Mbit/s

VPN Unlimited Wireguard: 70 Mbit/s (Android App; Los Angeles Server, US-California 2; 3 Test runs, highest result)

Windscribe Wireguard: 53 Mbit/s (Android App; US, Los Angeles Lamar "10 Gbps Server"; 3 Test runs, highest result)

Ivacy Wireguard: 49 Mbit/s (Android App; Los Angeles Server; 3 Test runs, highest result)

FastestVPN OpenVPN UDP: 18 Mbit/s (Android, OpenVPN config, Los Angeles Server 2, 3 Test runs, highest result)

So, not getting the best Speed Test results from either rn for the US location.
    Then again, the internet is a bit bumpy here today, in general.

So, seems like Keepsolid is the fastest out of 4 tested. I was expecting FastestVPN to perform better after the server upgrade but they are at the bottom.

• @kidrock said:

@Ympker said:
    @kidrock DSL line seems to be a bit subpar today. Without VPN I only got 170 Mbit/s of our 250 Mbit/s line. Anyway, I measured with https://fast.com as I did the other day, too.

VPN Unlimited Wireguard: 70 Mbit/s (Android App; Los Angeles Server, US-California 2; 3 Test runs, highest result)

Windscribe Wireguard: 53 Mbit/s (Android App; US, Los Angeles Lamar "10 Gbps Server"; 3 Test runs, highest result)

Ivacy Wireguard: 49 Mbit/s (Android App; Los Angeles Server; 3 Test runs, highest result)

FastestVPN OpenVPN UDP: 18 Mbit/s (Android, OpenVPN config, Los Angeles Server 2, 3 Test runs, highest result)

So, seems like Keepsolid is the fastest out of 4 tested. I was expecting FastestVPN to perform better after the server upgrade but they are at the bottom.

I'm not sure if someone from the US would experience slightly different speeds, or if another US server would be better, however I usually use locations like Spain, Switzerland, NL, FR, Germany which are all faster.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @kidrock said:

@Ympker said:

I am in Denmark and when I connect to the Danish location, Google and Spotify think I am in Romania.

Denmark -> Netherlands - 22 ms
    Denmark -> Denmark - 108 ms (or Romania)

• @kasodk said:

@kidrock said:

@Ympker said:

I am in Denmark and when I connect to the Danish location, Google and Spotify think I am in Romania.

Keepsolid or FastestVPN?

• @kidrock said:

@kasodk said:

@kidrock said:

@Ympker said:

Keepsolid or FastestVPN?

FastestVPN

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @kasodk said:

@kidrock said:

@kasodk said:

@kidrock said:

@Ympker said:

Keepsolid or FastestVPN?

FastestVPN

I have no idea about all these ip databases, but I thought I read somewhere that the IPs geolocations are not always updated. Could be the case.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2022

That's impossible task to do when allocated IP blocks aren't by "local" LIR's.

IP subnets need to be allocated by RIPE directly to the specific Local Internet registry - LIR (ISP, hosting...) to be properly recognized by most services in this specific country while today everyone fragmentate those allocated big blocks into small /24 subnets and move them around.
    The best thing they can do then is to update those small private geolocation services like maxmind, Ip2location databases, etc... but this don't help much as just small porting of the internet actually use those databases.

Life would be much easier if everyone would use just those small private geolocation databases like maxmind, Ip2location... but in reality only small portion of the internet use them. All bigger players like Google, MS, etc... have their own databases and many other use just RIR (RIPE) databases which show allocations from RIR to the LIR, but not further fragmentation of already allocated blocks into smaller subnets who are then sold, rented and moved around more than ever.
    You can't really win here unless you use IP by local LIR (local ISP/datacenter).

• FastestVPN Windows Update – Version 3.0.1 Fixes and Improvements -

Are you travelling? Take local content with you. FastestVPN’s global network high-speed VPN servers let you access content no matter where you are in the world. There is no website, no content that you cannot visit. Simply turn on Fastest VPN service, connect your desired VPN server location, and surf the web with fast speed.

Great news! The FastestVPN Windows update brings a revamped application with loads of new features and fixes. While the app for other platforms is also revamped, and we are now rolling out the Windows update.
    The updated version 3.01 marks a significant change. Starting with the user interface.
    Basically I have to use the same while working with android app development company to upload my all my dat to the server. FastestVPN users will be delighted to see a more visually appealing, responsive interface. The interface adds several new features such as Double VPN, a separate tab for the streaming servers, auto protocol selection for better security and smooth connection, and is built around easy navigation.

But perhaps the most exciting thing we are proud to bring is a dedicated tab for streaming servers. Since Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, and other famous channels began cracking down on VPN services, our customers have been looking forward to a reliable solution. FastestVPN users can now access these channels hassle-free.

Several issues have been addressed. Here’s a complete rundown on all the fixes and improvements coming your way:

Fixed issues:
    App does not work on Windows 11.
    App crashing issues and freezing issues.
    App freezes on startup.
    IPV6 leak issue.
    Kill Switch proper functionality on all protocols.
    App asks for permission each time on startup.
    App does not connect with static IP.
    VPN disconnects and blocks the internet when Windows enters sleep mode.
    New Features:
    Favorite servers move to a separate tab.
    Double VPN
    Auto Protocol
    More speedy servers, up to 10 Gbps support.
    FastestVPN icon shows the connected status in the system tray icon.
    Auto Connect on startup.
    Dedicated server for Netflix, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, Hotstar, and more.
    Chat option in setting tab.
    More options in settings such as changing password, and app notifications
    The new app showcases our commitment to striving for the best customer experience. With the new app now released, we can focus on refining it further. You can expect to see more improvements and fixes in the future as people start using the app. If you have any issues to report, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We’d love your input in making FastestVPN even better!

Take Control of Your Privacy Today!
    Unblock websites, access streaming platforms, and bypass ISP monitoring.
    Get FastestVPN

Hope these things help everyone.

• Just updated the Android app to v 3.1.2 and it works now. Thanks!

• Noob Question: can i use this on router level?

i mean.....instead of installing in all devices, if we can use it on router level....i can happily apply and forget.

thanks.

• CityBluesCityBlues Member
    edited December 2022

@Ympker literally joined this site after reading numerous posts from you about the Lifetime VPN/SmartDNS deals from Stacksocial :D Nice to see FastestVPN getting an upgrade. I have Windscribe, Keepsolid and FastestVPN on Lifetime for VPNS and Getflix/Keepsolid SmartDNS Lifetimes. I recently picked up the Controld SmartDNS from Stacksocial too which makes it $10 a year. All superb bargains in my humble opinion! Anything I should add to my list? I'm quite the hoarder haha!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker literally joined this site after reading numerous posts from you about the Lifetime VPN/SmartDNS deals from Stacksocial :D Nice to see FastestVPN getting an upgrade. I have Windscribe, Keepsolid and FastestVPN on Lifetime for VPNS and Getflix/Keepsolid SmartDNS Lifetimes. I recently picked up the Controld SmartDNS from Stacksocial too which makes it $10 a year. All superb bargains in my humble opinion! Anything I should add to my list? I'm quite the hoarder haha!

Haha that seems like a nice collection there! Happy to hear I could help. It can't hurt to have Ivacy lifetime for the extra channels and locations :)

@seenu said:
    Noob Question: can i use this on router level?

i mean.....instead of installing in all devices, if we can use it on router level....i can happily apply and forget.

thanks.

You can download OpenVPN configs and use it on router level :)

https://support.fastestvpn.com/tutorials/routers/

Thanked by 2seenu CityBlues
  • @kidrock for what it's worth, I just tested US (New York) FastestVPN OpenVPN UDP on Win10:

I then tested US-LA OpenVPN UDP again, but that one would only reach 50 Mbit/s.
    Maybe US-NY will also work for your purposes? :)

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @Ympker said:
    @kidrock for what it's worth, I just tested US (New York) FastestVPN OpenVPN UDP on Win10:

Thanks. I just wanted to know which VPN is fast. Previously, you tested LA and Keepsolid was fastest. Probably you should test NY on all 4 VPNs and see which one is the fastest.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @kidrock said:

@Ympker said:
    @kidrock for what it's worth, I just tested US (New York) FastestVPN OpenVPN UDP on Win10:

Thanks. I just wanted to know which VPN is fast. Previously, you tested LA and Keepsolid was fastest. Probably you should test NY on all 4 VPNs and see which one is the fastest.

Is the city really the issue, though? I mean, LA was slow for all. Maybe, for Keepsolid Washington US server is fast, maybe for Windscribe Atlanta.. It can also depend on current server load, too. As long as you get one
    reasonably fast server per region at a time that is already nice.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Haha that seems like a nice collection there! Happy to hear I could help. It can't hurt to have Ivacy lifetime for the extra channels and locations :)

Thank you! Is Ivacy still worth it as I noticed you mentioned a few times that FastestVPN & Ivacy piggyback from PureVPN with already having FastestVPN aren't i getting near the same servers etc? Unless I've totally misread it! Been a long week!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Thank you! Is Ivacy still worth it as I noticed you mentioned a few times that FastestVPN & Ivacy piggyback from PureVPN with already having FastestVPN aren't i getting near the same servers etc? Unless I've totally misread it! Been a long week!

Unlike Ivacy, I never had proof that FastestVPN is indeed reselling PureVPN. Only a strong assumption (website style was kinds simular, hostname us xxx.jumptoserver.xxx where PureVPN or Ivacy was xxx.pointtoserver.xxx, I once had the same support agent on Ivacy amd FastestVPN judging by name and few minutes after). Anyway, Ivacy is still another product imho . It has more locations (like Egypt which recently was good for reducing pricing for some deal I posted on the forums; forgot which one).
    It also has lots of channels that it unblocks (maybe not as important if you have smartdns but iirc Getflix no longer unblocks flix; Ivacy has 5 flix locations iirc). Ivacy has Wireguard. The only annoying thing is the "contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge)" which I will have to do in March now lol.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Unlike Ivacy, I never had proof that FastestVPN is indeed reselling PureVPN. Only a strong assumption (website style was kinds simular, hostname us xxx.jumptoserver.xxx where PureVPN or Ivacy was xxx.pointtoserver.xxx, I once had the same support agent on Ivacy amd FastestVPN judging by name and few minutes after). Anyway, Ivacy is still another product imho . It has more locations (like Egypt which recently was good for reducing pricing for some deal I posted on the forums; forgot which one).
    It also has lots of channels that it unblocks (maybe not as important if you have smartdns but iirc Getflix no longer unblocks flix; Ivacy has 5 flix locations iirc). Ivacy has Wireguard. The only annoying thing is the "contact support after 5 years to renew free of charge)" which I will have to do in March now lol.

Haha! For goodness sake you've now sold me Ivacy! It's currently $39.99 on Stacksocial not sure if it might drop abit. Not 100% but think i've seen it cheaper on a few occasions. I take it your not a fan of iProVpn and others as you never recommended that? Also are you aware of any other lifetime VPNs that offer SmartDNS or SmartDNS lifetimes standalone? Getflix is pretty great. I use a fair few USA Sport apps and it does the job across the board.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@CityBlues said: Haha! For goodness sake you've now sold me Ivacy!

I'm hoarding lifetime offers as well :smiley:

Thanked by 2Ympker CityBlues
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

@Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:

Haha! For goodness sake you've now sold me Ivacy! It's currently $39.99 on Stacksocial not sure if it might drop abit. Not 100% but think i've seen it cheaper on a few occasions. I take it your not a fan of iProVpn and others as you never recommended that? Also are you aware of any other lifetime VPNs that offer SmartDNS or SmartDNS lifetimes standalone? Getflix is pretty great. I use a fair few USA Sport apps and it does the job across the board.

Haha nice :D iProVPN is just FastestVPN/Ivacy/Pure reseller likely. So not worth. I also tried them once. Wasn't worth it imho. Fwiw, I tried iProVPN once: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/170294/iprovpn-lifetime-deal-34-on-stacksocial-short-review

39,99$ is the regular price for Ivacy lifetime iirc. It's rarely on discount (got mine for 36$).

Iirc another VPN on Stacksocial includes smartvpn (BulletVPN). There have been mixed reviews, though.

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker picked up Ivacy from Stack Social. Was able to pay via Crypto Card to avoid taxes as UK price was $48 with Taxes. VPN is great. I bought the 5 device option but on my Ivacy panel it states 10 which is a added bonus. Not that i'd ever need that many!

Only issue I have is that none of the USA Streaming Servers connect. Also noticed that after 5 years you have to email them to renew I saw your post explaining yours is up next year :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2022

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker picked up Ivacy from Stack Social. Was able to pay via Crypto Card to avoid taxes as UK price was $48 with Taxes. VPN is great. I bought the 5 device option but on my Ivacy panel it states 10 which is a added bonus. Not that i'd ever need that many!

Only issue I have is that none of the USA Streaming Servers connect. Also noticed that after 5 years you have to email them to renew I saw your post explaining yours is up next year :)

Glad you are happy! You are the second person to write about their streaming servers not connecting. Do you mean, you don't get any connection at all? Can't test flix, since I cancelled my sub, but I will try to just connect to a streaming server and do a speedtest to see if connection is made :)

Yeah, I am quite curious how it will turn out. Whether they'll prolong it or not lol

Edit: I just connected to Ivacy Flix US Streaming server via their app and connection was made instantly (Wireguard) and around 40 Mbit/s:

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 12.21.02

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 12.21.03

Thanked by 1CityBlues
  • @Ympker said:

@CityBlues said:
    @Ympker picked up Ivacy from Stack Social. Was able to pay via Crypto Card to avoid taxes as UK price was $48 with Taxes. VPN is great. I bought the 5 device option but on my Ivacy panel it states 10 which is a added bonus. Not that i'd ever need that many!

Glad you are happy! You are the second person to write about their streaming servers not connecting. Do you mean, you don't get any connection at all? Can't test flix, since I cancelled my sub, but I will try to just connect to a streaming server and do a speedtest to see if connection is made :)

Yeah, I am quite curious how it will turn out. Whether they'll prolong it or not lol

Edit: I just connected to Ivacy Flix US Streaming server via their app and connection was made instantly (Wireguard) and around 40 Mbit/s:

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 12.21.02

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-09 at 12.21.03

I had the exact issue as the other user on the day he mentioned it several hours later it was fixed and is working perfectly fine now. I think the issue was temporary. Solid VPN really fast and connecting and speeds are great. I like the unblocking aspect of it works very well.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @CityBlues said:

>

I had the exact issue as the other user on the day he mentioned it several hours later it was fixed and is working perfectly fine now. I think the issue was temporary. Solid VPN really fast and connecting and speeds are great. I like the unblocking aspect of it works very well.

Glad to hear it works now :)