Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think is the best domain registrar out there? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you think is the best domain registrar out there?

13»

Comments

• @emg said:

@badhon_raj said:
    only two mentions of godaddy? I thought they are good? aren't they?
    I prefer Namecheap by the way.

GoDaddy has been trouble every time I have had to deal with them. I have never used them myself, but have helped others. Do yourself a favor and avoid GoDaddy.

I do avoid them. but because they are a bit pricey then Namecheap.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

I use a mix of porkbun (pretty good for the price), sav (not bad but their glue records behave weirdly), and cosmotown (terribly slow UI but cheapest around)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@badhon_raj said:
    only two mentions of godaddy? I thought they are good? aren't they?
    I prefer Namecheap by the way.

GoDaddy is always really expensive and a pain to deal with compared to smaller registrars that strictly specialize in domains

• I started with network solutions then went to godaddy. After a while I went to name cheap and moved all my domains there. Now in present day I got between namecheap and porkbun.

• When I was a web developer it was common to use Namecheap or Network Solutions but these days you're better off trying to stick with a company who has reasonable renewal rates than chasing the deals.

• Netcup for .de/.li/.at/.ch/.eu
    Porkbun for the rest. I'm aware of their drama but my websites are so far away from grey area that I can't be bothered to switch.

• Currently using Njalla, Porkbun, NameSilo, Name.com, Cloudflare, and Cloudyhost (for a single .al domain).

For new registrations I just go for whoever is usually cheapest aside from cloudflare if I don't want to use CF for whatever reason.

• name