Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday) - Page 880
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday)

Comments

• I see, @MooCowGalaxy came back and pages started counting up :)

• @sonu said:

It was a free Oracle server, with default username 'ubuntu', default port 22, and a simple password, so I'm not worried about others.

Ah, got it. I'm always trying to be cautious about servers, don't want to get one hacked :)\

• @MrEd said:
    I see, @MooCowGalaxy came back and pages started counting up :)

Haha, it's not because of me!! Maybe people in the US woke up and are starting to be active again, just like me ;)

• And people in EU are startimg to go to sleep :D In 10 hours from now I will be at work already, thats when my activity will start :)

• @MrEd said:
    And people in EU are startimg to go to sleep :D In 10 hours from now I will be at work already, thats when my activity will start :)

I'll be awaiting you :)

• what do you guys to keep track of which servers you own... plus like, which ports are open or nat and stuff

• Hello, I would like to double the bandwidth.
    Order Number: 9837841806
    Invoice ID: #4933774
    Thanks!

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    what do you guys to keep track of which servers you own... plus like, which ports are open or nat and stuff

I just use a table on Notion, gets the job done!

• sign in with google -> create an password
    such a red flag tbh

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@sonu said:

It was a free Oracle server, with default username 'ubuntu', default port 22, and a simple password, so I'm not worried about others.

Ah, got it. I'm always trying to be cautious about servers, don't want to get one hacked :)\

The server is idling, I lend it to a friend, with a simple password.

Set up a trap, and let hackers have fun.

• @DeadlyChemist said:
    what do you guys to keep track of which servers you own... plus like, which ports are open or nat and stuff

Apache guacamole ;)

• @MrEd said: Apache guacamole ;)

i was always thinking of getting this
    i might aswell

• @MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

do skins or some visual exists to make it less fucking ugly :joy:
    also, i guess going with cloudflare protection is one way, or other ideas? i want it really really protected

• or guacozy?

• @DeadlyChemist said:

sign in with google -> create an password
    such a red flag tbh

I find it pretty useful for note taking and stuff, I just like their tables/database-like structures because it’s easy to sort and search. You could always use something like spreadsheets, does basically the same thing lol

• @sonu said:

The server is idling, I lend it to a friend, with a simple password.

Set up a trap, and let hackers have fun.

I wonder if it’s possible to make a fake environment for ssh where if you make multiple attempts, it puts you in a fake environment where you can’t do anything, but emulates a real shell

• @MrEd said:

Apache guacamole ;)

Apache always comes up with interesting names, I’d never guess guacamole would be a product name for managing ssh haha

• @MooCowGalaxy said:
    I find it pretty useful for note taking and stuff, I just like their tables/database-like structures because it’s easy to sort and search. You could always use something like spreadsheets, does basically the same thing lol

Do note that notion is not secure (and not intended to be secure), I just use it as an easy way for me to view my servers in a nice, organized way. I don’t really recommend storing passwords or anything in plaintext there, I might’ve described notion earlier as a secure place to store data but it shouldn’t be used for that :)

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@MrEd said:

Apache guacamole ;)

Apache always comes up with interesting names, I’d never guess guacamole would be a product name for managing ssh haha

so this or guacozy?
    https://github.com/paidem/guacozy/

also looks good, but my question would be how to secure the fuck out of it (i want 1 time code and not google/ms login)

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

also, i guess going with cloudflare protection is one way, or other ideas? i want it really really protected

I don't care about the visual, I care about functionality. It is hosted on my home server, and when I need it from outside, I use ssh tunnel to access it, so am pretry sure about the security - its as secure as my ssh :)

• @MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

I don't care about the visual, I care about functionality. It is hosted on my home server, and when I need it from outside, I use ssh tunnel to access it, so am pretry sure about the security - its as secure as my ssh :)

agh i want to external apps, except my phone maybe... hm
    found a lib for python, could also use something custom. might go with guacozy tho

• CM start

• I use OneNote to keep track of things. I want to like Google Keep but I just can't.

• @MooCowGalaxy said: I wonder if it’s possible to make a fake environment for ssh where if you make multiple attempts, it puts you in a fake environment where you can’t do anything, but emulates a real shell

Check out: https://github.com/containerssh/containerssh#run-a-honeypot

Also https://github.com/paralax/awesome-honeypots

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

found a lib for python, could also use something custom. might go with guacozy tho

With android app ConnectBot you can also add port forwards after you connect to your server ;)

• Germany vs. Spain 1:1

• @MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

With android app ConnectBot you can also add port forwards after you connect to your server ;)

nah nah, i guess i'll use guacomole (guacozy has no updates for 3 years...) and secure it using custom something (not sure yet...) + password ofc

• @DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

@MrEd said:

@DeadlyChemist said:

Apache guacamole ;)

nah nah, i guess i'll use guacomole (guacozy has no updates for 3 years...) and secure it using custom something (not sure yet...) + password ofc

You could also use 2FA https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/totp-auth.html

• Ok, time to go for the sleep. See you on monday ;) Have a good time till then ;)

This discussion has been closed.