Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday) - Page 876
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFICIAL B-L-A-C-K-F-R-I-D-A-Y THREAD -- COMMUNITY ENDORSED! Take a peek! (RackNerd's Black Friday)

Comments

• @jmaxwell said:

We will be henceforth known as Racknerd gang of 2022 lol

Were you here last year? If so, then you were also part of RackNerd gang of 2021!

• @jmaxwell said:

I have switched to Ctrl+R

Me too, I find it a bit faster and I’m able to move my fingers to type just a tiny bit quicker. It barely makes a difference, although the giveaways are usually over within 5 seconds so any improvement counts!

• Are you guys good at docker selfhosting or caddy reverse proxy hosting? I've always had to struggle in the beginning on my own T.T no handholding :[

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

We will be henceforth known as Racknerd gang of 2022 lol

Were you here last year? If so, then you were also part of RackNerd gang of 2021!

Nope, I joined on last year BF and was mostly lurking on the megathread.

• @jmaxwell said:

@tuc said:
    Hosting words of wisdom...
    When you wallow with RACKNERD GAs, expect to get F5 broken.

Why not Ctrl+`, the whole space left on the keyboard is just for your right hand :)

• @froz said:
    Are you guys good at docker selfhosting or caddy reverse proxy hosting? I've always had to struggle in the beginning on my own T.T no handholding :[

Only networking thing I know how to do with docker is exposing ports haha

• @jmaxwell said:

Ah, I see. I joined a bit over a month ago, used to lurk around for deals but decided to actually get an account haha

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@sonu said:
    I am watching Germany vs Spain now, must be a great match.

I don’t really follow soccer/football but please lmk who wins :)

Not start yet, introduction players now

• @froz said:
    Are you guys good at docker selfhosting or caddy reverse proxy hosting? I've always had to struggle in the beginning on my own T.T no handholding :[

Able to use caddy, but not docker. What's the question? Maybe we can do something.

• @tuc said:

@jmaxwell said:

@tuc said:
    When you wallow with RACKNERD GAs, expect to get F5 broken.

Why not Ctrl+`, the whole space left on the keyboard is just for your right hand :)

Wait, that isn’t working

• @froz said:

Just learning. Yesterday I tried caddy for the first time. Lots of ground to cover

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@froz said:

Only networking thing I know how to do with docker is exposing ports haha

Ah I learned through some guy called DoTheEvo on github. High quality guides.

Then I proceeded to write my own guides which aren't as good but they have different selfhosted services!

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

Ah, I see. I joined a bit over a month ago, used to lurk around for deals but decided to actually get an account haha

Ah nice

• Hosting words of wisdom...
    Live simply. Love generously. Care of F5 deeply. Post quickly.

• frozfroz Member
    edited November 2022

@sonu said:

@froz said:

Able to use caddy, but not docker. What's the question? Maybe we can do something.

No questions for now. I recently figured out how to setup open media vault + Radium Next, so I can stream from OBS to my friends w/ sub-second latency. It was a struggle at first but I got it working!. Discord stream suck!

• VoidVoid Member
    edited November 2022

@tuc said:

Run yabs continuously

• I usually use nginx for reverse proxy. Is caddy any better? I know that the configs on caddy are easier than nginx, but are there any major differences between caddy and other reverse proxies?

• @froz said:

No questions for now. I recently figured out how to setup open media vault + Radium Next, so I can stream from OBS to my friends w/ sub-second latency. It was a struggle at first but I got it working!. Discord stream suck!

Oooh, do you have any guides/tutorials on this?

• @jmaxwell said:
    Run yabs continuously

Have 10 idlers ;)

• @MooCowGalaxy said:
    I usually use nginx for reverse proxy. Is caddy any better? I know that the configs on caddy are easier than nginx, but are there any major differences between caddy and other reverse proxies?

Caddy's really good if you're doing docker stuff. Like multiple docker instances on on VM. It does the SSL for you automatically and is easier than traefik for docker stuff?

• Thanks for hanging in there @dustinc Can I get double bandwidth for this order? Thank you! B)

Order # 3128789969
    Invoice # 4933564

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@froz said:

Oooh, do you have any guides/tutorials on this?

Yes I'll write one on my github after I go thru the process again on the Ryzen VPS flash sale I just bought

• @froz said:

Caddy's really good if you're doing docker stuff. Like multiple docker instances on on VM. It does the SSL for you automatically and is easier than traefik for docker stuff?

For docker, I just use some ports in 10000-11000 and use nginx to forward 80/443 to the containers. Automatic SSL seems really useful though, I’ll check it out!

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:
    Run yabs continuously

Have 10 idlers ;)

Lol run yabs on cron

• @tuc said:

Use script, not hand.

Use your brain, not body.

• @jmaxwell said:

Lol run yabs on cron

Make a bash script that runs yabs forever 😛

• @froz said:

@MooCowGalaxy said:
    I usually use nginx for reverse proxy. Is caddy any better? I know that the configs on caddy are easier than nginx, but are there any major differences between caddy and other reverse proxies?

Caddy is really good, fast and stable and easy to use.

Nginx's good, but really really difficult to configure.

Basically you don't want to spend that much time learning all the configurations.

Thanked by 1froz
  • @sonu said:

Use script, not hand.

Use your brain, not body.

Can I use my brain to type without using my body? Neuralink? 👀

• @sonu said:

Caddy is really good, fast and stable and easy to use.

Nginx's good, but really really difficult to configure.

Basically you don't want to spend that much time learning all the configurations.

I barely know the config stuff, I just found a working example online and copied it for everything I run 😆

• @MooCowGalaxy said:

@jmaxwell said:

Lol run yabs on cron

Make a bash script that runs yabs forever 😛

Just dd in and out

This discussion has been closed.