Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WORLDSTREAM | NL Instant Dedicated Server Deal | E3-1230v6 from $48/mo | 40 Gbit/s anti-DDoS incl.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WORLDSTREAM | NL Instant Dedicated Server Deal | E3-1230v6 from $48/mo | 40 Gbit/s anti-DDoS incl.

Worldstream_FrankWorldstream_Frank Member, Patron Provider

Worldsteam X LET

Worldstream is based in the Netherlands that utilizes self-owned data centers for their dedicated servers, through sister company Greenhouse Datacenters. A network uptime of 99.99% is achieved through a 10 Tbit/s global network backbone. Only 45% utilization means that you get guaranteed network speeds.

Save 44% on a instant delivery dedicated server with Intel Xeon E3-1230v6. This fixed configuration is equipped with 2x 500GB NVMe SSDs and 32GB RAM. Resulting in a price of approximately $48 p/mo (our website lists €) per month. Find the offer right here.

Included

✔ 40 Gbit/s Anti-DDoS: included with option to scale.
✔ 100TB traffic p/mo, and upgradeable.
✔ 1 IP address: additional IP’s requestable.
✔ Backed by a global network backbone of 10 Tbit/s.
✔ 24/7/365 support and remote hands: we respond to all your questions within 7 minutes on average.
✔ Selection of a wide variety of Linux and Windows based operating systems.

How is the network quality?

✔ See your network route to Worldstream via Looking Glass.
✔ Test the upload and download with this test file.

Nice to know

✔ You can use a wide range of payment methods (PayPal, Credit card, Bank transfer, BitPay, CoinGate and more).
✔ 15+ years’ knowledge of and experience with data centers, servers, and network management.
✔ Join our reseller-program for channel partners and affiliated business segments.
✔ Additional discount when you choose a quarterly (2%), bi-annually (4%), or yearly plan (6%).
✔ cPanel and DirectAdmin license available for an additional fee.

Not exactly what you were looking for? Check out our mix of fully customizable servers here and instantly deployed servers here.

How can we reach you? Send us a message at [email protected] or call us: +31 (0) 174 – 712 117.
Or reply to this thread and/or send me a PM Whatever feels comfortable for you.

Comments

• Good offer, only if upgrade to 10 Gbit/s would be possible...

• Worldstream_FrankWorldstream_Frank Member, Patron Provider

@CalmDown thank you! That's true, the maximum for this offer is 1 Gbit/s. Our custom servers are a bit more flexible in terms of bandwidth and uplink, if you need a bit more network speed.

• Are your servers equipped with IPMI?

• @Worldstream_Frank said:
    @CalmDown thank you! That's true, the maximum for this offer is 1 Gbit/s. Our custom servers are a bit more flexible in terms of bandwidth and uplink, if you need a bit more network speed.

True, but only some of them :)

@403_Forbidden They do.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Good to see you guys are around here.

Back in the days when I had servers at Worldstream, you guys were attentive and helpful, especially Lennert and Dirk 👍

@403_Forbidden Yes! Most, if not all are equipped with IPMI. Which option you'll get is listed under 'Remote Features'. This specific one works with iRMC, which is an IPMI-like feature build-in the servers software. You can use it to monitor the servers and get remote access via a web application.

@DP thank you, I'll pass along your comments if I see them. We still got love for lowend!

Thanked by 1DP
  • Love the front-end of your website ❤️

Thanked by 1Worldstream_Frank
  • Really tempting - can IPv6 be requested/is it already there?

edited November 2022

@iKeyZ yes, happy that you ask about it. Our network is IPv6 compatible. After your server order just give us a note through a ticket and one of our support or sales engineers will hook you up with IPv6. Just PM me if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to sort it out.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
    @iKeyZ yes, happy that you ask about it. Our network is IPv6 compatible. After your server order just give us a note through a ticket and one of our support or sales engineers will hook you up with IPv6. Just PM me if you have any more questions and I'll be happy to sort it out.

Perfect - going to order now.

Adding to this - just got my server..

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to get double RAM and a newer processor delivered, is this normal or something I should mention....

@iKeyZ great question. Hope this helps:

So this configuration is fixed, like our instant servers, which means that they are non-customizable. Hence our ability to be able to spin them up fast and at a great value. Though, in your case upgrading the 1230v6 CPU would not be worth the effort. We can 'hypothetically' slot a 1270v6, but the difference in performance is neglible.

However, should you want to upgrade in the future our engineers can keep your current one online for a bit so you have time for a migration. Usually this is where our team will check with you what the best option will be, and at which timeframe.

In short, instant servers are fixed and our custom options allow for freedom before and after configuration.

@iKeyZ great question. Hope this helps:

So this configuration is fixed, like our instant servers, which means that they are non-customizable. Hence our ability to be able to spin them up fast and at a great value. Though, in your case upgrading the 1230v6 CPU would not be worth the effort. We can 'hypothetically' slot a 1270v6, but the difference in performance is neglible.

However, should you want to upgrade in the future our engineers can keep your current one online for a bit so you have time for a migration. Usually this is where our team will check with you what the best option will be, and at which timeframe.

In short, instant servers are fixed and our custom options allow for freedom before and after configuration.

Apologies, I believe my attempt to hide the details above was too good.

I actually got an upgraded CPU & double RAM from ordering the above - so was wondering whether this is something I should mention?

@iKeyZ ah I misinterpreted. I've checked with my team, yes that is a positive error on our side. You can mention it with my team, we'll correct the RAM. But, the CPU upgrade is on us. Does that sound fair?

@iKeyZ ah I misinterpreted. I've checked with my team, yes that is a positive error on our side. You can mention it with my team, we'll correct the RAM. But, the CPU upgrade is on us. Does that sound fair?

Works for me, thank you. I'll submit a ticket in a moment.

• Nice offers!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Only 45% utilization means that you get guaranteed network speeds.

How is that a selling point?
    You are suppose to run your network redundant, time for upgrades soon I guess.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Hi Frank!

Recently I launched a free VPS project for LET members. @DP gave us the domain FreeVPS.org. Thanks DP! @GTHost got us started with a server in Chicago. Thanks GTHost! Then @PieHasBeenEaten donated a server in Dallas. Thanks Pie! @Cloudie donated a Frantech instance with a Blesta license. Thanks Cloudie! I think @Virtfusion will let us have a free Virtfusion license.

As you can see from the above linked thread, we already have given out free VPSes on the Chicago server. Currently we are in the process of setting up the Dallas server and the FreeVPS.org website. We're considering formal entity registration for FreeVPS.org.

It would be super lovely if somebody donated a server in the EU. Maybe you know someone with lots of EU servers who might want to donate one to FreeVPS.org? We would be grateful for any ideas about how FreeVPS.org could get an EU server. Thanks!

Best wishes and kindest regards,

Tom

edited November 2022

@Neoon our network is redundant, like you said how it should be. Perhaps the wording could be stronger. point being not overcrowding the network, while also having room for mitigation through our anti-DDoS. Would be happy to share more if you are interested :smile:

@niranjan that just made our day.
    @netfliq thank you!
    @Not_Oles could you send me a PM?

Thanked by 1Not_Oles
  • Using them since 2015 and still using them..
    They are the best provider in Netherlands for me..
    Support is almost instant.. mostly got reply within few minutes.

Network is also great..

• @BingoBongo said:
    Using them since 2015 and still using them..

Network is also great..

Would just like to agree with this. Had to put in a few tickets and had replies all within ~5 minutes.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@iKeyZ said:

@BingoBongo said:
    Using them since 2015 and still using them..

Network is also great..

Would just like to agree with this. Had to put in a few tickets and had replies all within ~5 minutes.

Looks like nothing's changed since 2009 :smiley:

Thanked by 2iKeyZ BingoBongo
  • Is it just me or did their DTAG upstream mixed gbit with kbit?

Best latency and peering hopwise in Germany but worst speed ever.

Getting the same file out of Australia or Chile is faster than getting it from Naaldwijk. Its like 15 hops from Australia but fast vs ~5 hops from Naaldwijk and slowest ever...

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

@Worldstream_Frank said: @Not_Oles could you send me a PM?

PM sent. Thanks!

• YABS please?

@OhJohn, how where you able to produce this result? We'd like to reproduce this and/or dive deeper into this specific case. Is it only for the upstream DTAG-traffic as you report?

@Hayashima could you let me know what this abbreviation means so I can respond correctly :smile:

@Hayashima could you let me know what this abbreviation means so I can respond correctly :smile:

https://yabs.sh/

• edited November 2022

@Hayashima said:
    YABS please?

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon Nov 14 17:06:34 CET 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 3 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 3800.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 31.1 GiB
    Swap       : 7.8 GiB
    Disk       : 449.7 GiB
    Distro     : AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
    Kernel     : 4.18.0-425.3.1.el8.x86_64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 838.09 MB/s (209.5k) | 938.37 MB/s  (14.6k)
    Write      | 840.30 MB/s (210.0k) | 943.31 MB/s  (14.7k)
    Total      | 1.67 GB/s   (419.5k) | 1.88 GB/s    (29.4k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 1.17 GB/s     (2.2k) | 1.34 GB/s     (1.3k)
    Write      | 1.23 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.43 GB/s     (1.4k)
    Total      | 2.41 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.77 GB/s     (2.7k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 940 Mbits/sec   | 940 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 939 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 942 Mbits/sec   | 941 Mbits/sec  
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 885 Mbits/sec   | 893 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 893 Mbits/sec   | 900 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 859 Mbits/sec   | 871 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 842 Mbits/sec   | 666 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1227                          
    Multi Core      | 4764                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18636495

• CPU power not synced with price?

• @Worldstream_Frank yes, so far it's only DTAG upstream where I see the problem. No problems in the Netherlands, e.g.

I just opened a ticket sending you network team some mtr reports (both ways). In both directions I also see 10% packet loss while I don't see any packet loss e.g. on Netherlands connections.