Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

11.11 Deals or wait for the Black Friday?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

11.11 Deals or wait for the Black Friday?

Hey, I need to get a VPS by November 27th. Should I get a VPS on 11.11 or wait for Black Friday (November 25th)? Which one would you suggest based on more providers participating and lower prices?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@concrete92 said: based on more providers participating and lower prices?

Wait of course.

Thanked by 1TODO
  • Renew

• 11.11 is mostly a Chinese sale day, so unless you're buying from a Chinese/China-focused provider Black Friday will probably be better.

• Wait for BFD unless you urgently need a VPS.

• If you're from that region, then buy during the 11.11 sales.

• Definitely BF

• This year won't be much surprise.

Wait for 11.11 only if you've got tons of things added in your Shopee or Lazada cart :smiley:

Thanked by 2Ganonk deuts
  • Ofc wait for BF unless you lives in China. If you want a vps just now, don't miss @dustinc 's 11.11 deals and @NDTN 's budget kvm.

• Why not have both?

Thanked by 1ralf
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Depends on offers and location.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2022

I need cheap HDDs

• Nobody can really answer your question for you, it all comes down to whether you see a deal you like or not.

I would say that the BF deals on here go very quickly and are often very limited but insane deals (like 1x 10TB storage for $0.99) and there's thousands of people who are trying to grab it including all the scripts people have running to try to get the deals too. That's not to say there aren't "normal" deals too, there are some more normal ones like 20x or 50x of a very good deal and some people do more modest discounts with lots of stock.

But on BF, especially in the mega thread, you need to know exactly what your thresholds for a good deal are, because there's not really time to think about it, you have to take the plunge immediately if you're going to.

So, at lot of times, the 11.11 deals are more sane because there's less demand (unless it's something the Chinese market want!) and some providers have a some good deals in the week before BF too. Last year, I grabbed the KS-LE-1 about 6 days before BF and I think it's the deal I'm most pleased with.

But, if you have an absolute requirement for a server by the 27th, then you should probably buy something that fits the bill a bit in advance IMHO. If you want until after BF, most of the providers will be having a rest and maybe even will have run out of stock, so I'd say get something that fits the needs when you need it and treat BF deals as a bonus. But, like I say, it all depends on your needs and only you know that.

• SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2022

It depends if you are single or not.

Thanked by 2yoursunny devp
  • kuroneko23kuroneko23 Member
    edited November 2022

@DP said:
    Wait for 11.11 only if you've got tons of things added in your Shopee or Lazada cart :smiley:

Better wait 12.12 for Shopee

• Try to have something on 11.11
    If not satisfied, then wait for 25.11
    If still not satisfied, then wait till world war 3

@kuroneko23 said:

@DP said:

Better wait 12.12 for Shopee

That works too.

But if you miss that, don't worry, there's always 1.1, 2.2, 3.3, 4.4, 5.5 etc. :smiley:

Thanked by 2vyas11 shelfchair
  • You can take both

• @dahartigan said:
    Why not have both?

@qdevsom said:
    You can take both

Use your real account @dahartigan 😂

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @mrs92 said:

@dahartigan said:
    Why not have both?

@qdevsom said:
    You can take both

Use your real account @dahartigan 😂

Oh, I'm not dahartigan :D

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @DP said:

Pinoy spotted!

• BF is best it's when we get 50% off

• @deuts said:

@DP said:

Pinoy spotted!

Why not Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia or Thailand? :/

• sometimes 11.11 deals are more better than Blackfriday.
    If you have budget, go for both.

• @deuts said:

@DP said:

Pinoy spotted!

He's Indonesian AFAIK

• @DP pls share your exact location right now,

and also your shirtless selfie :p

• @Liso said:

@deuts said:

@DP said:

Pinoy spotted!

He's Indonesian AFAIK

How did you know him? @DP 's nickname reminds me of Death Prophet in Dota 2. :D

• is there any 11.11 sales that can provide japan ip kvm vps?

• sugar daddy @dustinc will probably has something for the MJJ's

• @virvivir said:
    is there any 11.11 sales that can provide japan ip kvm vps?

DO, Vultr