Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EasyDNS feedback?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EasyDNS feedback?

sandozsandoz Veteran
edited November 2022 in Providers

Hi, I had in the past a domain with EasyDNS

I never had a issue with them, but now I checked their Pricing. They aren't cheap. They still asking to pay WHOIS Privacy, which will make Domains more expensive than normal.

.net costs 15$ with privacy protection 7,5$ more it reach easily 20€ or more...

What this Provider have to special to sell in this prices? I can pay 20€ but is a little bit compared with others.

How is EasyDNS now? Anyone had any issue in them? I like them due to their "transparency policies" and they only shutdown with valid court order from Canada for .org

Let me know your opinion in this Provider. Do you think the pricing is right for what they offer? Or is overpriced?

Comments

• Redacted

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited November 2022

Redacted

• Redacted

• Redacted

• bulbasaurbulbasaur Member
    edited November 2022

involucrated

• Redacted

• Redacted redacted @BilohBucks

• WTF is this thread, the hell happened here?

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • @SLMob said:
    WTF is this thread, the hell happened here?

Redacted

• @Zyra said:

@SLMob said:
    WTF is this thread, the hell happened here?

Redacted

Redacted

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited November 2022

Unredacted

@sandoz said:
    EasyDNS feedback?

Hi, I had in the past a domain with EasyDNS

I never had a issue with them, but now I checked their Pricing. They aren't cheap. They still asking to pay WHOIS Privacy, which will make Domains more expensive than normal.

.net costs 15$ with privacy protection 7,5$ more it reach easily 20€ or more...

What this Provider have to special to sell in this prices? I can pay 20€ but is a little bit compared with others.

How is EasyDNS now? Anyone had any issue in them? I like them due to their "transparency policies" and they only shutdown with valid court order from Canada for .org

Let me know your opinion in this Provider. Do you think the pricing is right for what they offer? Or is overpriced?

• Redacted

Thanked by 1emg
  • I'll take one! Thanks

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Unredacted. Don't do that again.

• easyDNS is quite solid a service. when i was in Canada, I used their service. and Mark is quite nice a people from what I know (had direct messages with him).

• It's probably not worth the price premium unless you need a place which doesn't suspend domains for most things short of spam or cheese pizza. It works well though if you're gonna run a site with Linux ISOs or something though.

• zoneeditzoneedit Member
    edited November 2022

Not sure why the replies all say "redacted", but anyway - on easyDNS, most service levels bundle with anycast DNS, that and they have actual, live phone support 7 days week.

If you're looking for lower end pricing, Zoneedit is owned by easyDNS, email support only (for premium users, community forum support for free levels), unicast DNS.

• in another forum a user stated easydns suspended the domain related to Canadian pharmacy which was legal in Canada as per the user. Easydns, Njal.la, etc. are registrar choice of those people who mostly want to run shady things and are fine with paying higher registration fees plus additional fees for privacy, etc which can take domain registration cost upto $25 or $30 per year. There was this Shinjiru which sold deadbolt domains for hefty price. So people who want to run such "free-speech" or pharmacy sites, downloads, etc. are their customers. For rest of us running legit sites we can rely upon other affordable registrars.

• Redacted

• Does anyone knows NS1.com pricing?

• Shift to Cloudflare or Namecheap.

• i like it because of Redacted

• pbxpbx Member
    edited November 2022

redacted

As other have said, if you want some extra "privacy protection" you might "need" such a registrar, even though these days njalla is probably better for paranoid folks. Otherwise namesilo, porkbun and cloudflare are cheaper and work as well.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited November 2022

it's not that. I don't understand why the price is high.. it's higher than Njal.la for those who have many domains it's not a good option.

My reason is, why is it so expensive? what justifies being so expensive? we still pay for privacy protection... a huge huge.

the problem is that I of EasyDNS but with these prices... don't like a competition easily.

I want a domain that socially protects against engineering systems AND that complies with the law, for example EasyDNS only suspends .org with a Canadian court order.

No cloudflare in any circunstances! Too bad, they easily give data even if is legal or not.

what else do you recommend?

• ninjatkninjatk Signature Restricted

Redacted

• unredacted

• @sandoz said: No cloudflare in any circunstances! Too bad, they easily give data even if is legal or not.

Are you sure about that? They can deliver data even without a proper US court order, but they don't seem to be doing that often. Cf for example https://cf-assets.www.cloudflare.com/slt3lc6tev37/7JOzEbaUD1HVuYjqm1Ymc7/a3d7c3b1a5217a008b3d24a45d55f661/Transparency-Report-2H_2021.pdf

@zoneedit said: Zoneedit

Are you sure that DNS is Anycasted even on the cheapest plans with ZoneEdit? EasyDNS doesn't provide anycast on the cheapest plan, a provider as "privacy respecting" but cheaper and with anycast would be good to know.

• @ninjatk said:
    Redacted

I see you commented, just for revenge. Doesn't know how to accept criticism regarding his domain.

But since you said it, accept reality. Your .tk domain is nothing serious, people look at your site and say "okay, it's not bad, but it's rubbish on a .tk domain and you can't even have your own domain".

Perhaps naive customers buy, but serious customers who recognize the market will run away, because anyone who doesn't even have 5€ or 10€ to buy a .com, .net domain can imagine the services.

I didn't hire any of your services, but it's something that people will soon think, and logically it's correct.

First, before posting to an old topic for "revenge" and for being annoyed, when my comment was a constructive and non-destructive aspect and scope comment.

But now that you want it, there you have it. Keep offering your services on a junk domain like .tk, associated with various types of scams. This is where even people with less knowledge do not enter.

It's like saying it's the shabby version of wish in domains.

He got annoyed and decided to comment on an old topic of mine. (typical of angry people)