Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy from this provider! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't buy from this provider!

2»

Comments

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    Don't purchased from http://www.chicagovps.net/
    I placed an order yesterday, paid invoice via PayPal. VPS was not setup. After a few hours I received an invoice for December payment, vps still not setup. I opened a ticket to inquire as to why I already received a invoice for next month, even before having the vps I paid for, setup. I received a copy of my initial invoice in email, as well as it also was listed as paid in my dashboard on their website. I was asked to send proof that I paid for the VPS I ordered before they could setup it up. I replied back that you can see paid invoice on your system. I waited another 24 hours, no progress and no response from them. I went to PayPal and opened a case to dispute payment and not receive service. I opened another ticket to let them know I filed a complain.
    10 minutes later I got email from them my VPS was set-up. PayPal refund my money.
    That's my story.

Well, now you will get it cancelled and your name added to Fraud Record and will be more difficult to purchase servers in the future.

Sometimes, glitches occur and the business doesn't always get instant money received notification, hence no server set up. So they asked for proof.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the issue.

Your timeline and PayPal win happened so fast, your timeline is suspicious. The company just had to say, "we didn't receive payment notification" in response. Maybe they didn't fight it and refunded it knowing they didn't want you as a customer.

You're the one to avoid in the future. Impatient, doesn't follow instructions and doesn't read ToS (or you'd know doing PayPal dispute gets your account immediately cancelled forever). You don't do a dispute if you want to remain a customer.

If a provider puts you on fraud record for this there should be a way to do the same to the provider.

The fuck? I don't care if it takes time, sure it can. But don't bill me for another month meanwhile.

Hardly fraud on a providers part is it, not replying to a email for 1 day would not really be classed as fraud of any type, possibly do better at replying quicker but I would expect to wait upto 72 hours for a reply to a billing ticket, if the server was down (after being delivered) making it a support request then maybe a different case.

• Keep calm and peace guys. This one should be closed due to the resolved problem.

• PayPal disputes aren’t a problem. The buyer can just close it at any time, no penalty to the seller. No biggie.

Thanked by 1denellum
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

I wish the subject wasn't click bait. In my opinion, complaint threads should have the name of the "accused" in the subject title. For goodness sake, put "ChicagoVPS" in the thread title for this thread.

I have seen enough "Screwed by Mystery Provider - Open Thread to Learn Who" and other similar click bait threads. I won't open any more of them, but they waste valuable space on the front page.

-> I say, let them scroll off, unanswered.

EDITED, text here altered:
    I referenced @SWS here and they responded. It was a mistake. The truth is that @melp57 is the OP and should not have posted the click bait subject. My apologies to SWS for the accidental reference.

@emg said:
    I wish the subject wasn't click bait. In my opinion, complaint threads should have the name of the "accused" in the subject title. For goodness sake, put "ChicagoVPS" in the thread title for this thread.

I have seen enough "Screwed by Mystery Provider - Open Thread to Learn Who" and other similar click bait threads. I won't open any more of them, but they waste valuable space on the front page.

-> I say, let them scroll off, unanswered.

@SWS should know better. They probably did when they created the thread, actually.

I take a neutral view but find this type of action by a client so annoying and frustrating that they go to a low end provider but expect the top notch service, instant replies. They do not understand small providers have to cut costs to provide low end servers, normally on staff that would reply to tickets.

• emgemg Veteran

@SWS said:

I take a neutral view but find this type of action by a client so annoying and frustrating that they go to a low end provider but expect the top notch service, instant replies. They do not understand small providers have to cut costs to provide low end servers, normally on staff that would reply to tickets.

My mistake. I corrected my post above. You can see the original in your post. My apologies to SWS for the accidental reference.

• Wow, I wasn't expecting this much extra drama and butt-hurt from this thread after he'd already got his money back.

• emgemg Veteran

@ralf said:
    Wow, I wasn't expecting this much extra drama and butt-hurt from this thread after he'd already got his money back.

My bad, sorry.

• @emg said:

@ralf said:
    Wow, I wasn't expecting this much extra drama and butt-hurt from this thread after he'd already got his money back.

My bad, sorry.

I didn't mean you (or any of the regulars). I meant the OP who carried on answering back another 4 or 5 times after he'd already said he got a refund, just because people were suggesting maybe he hadn't waited long enough.

But yeah, that wasn't clear as I've only just replied and there were a load of meta posts after that.

• @serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    I placed an order yesterday, paid invoice via PayPal. VPS was not setup. After a few hours I received an invoice for December payment, vps still not setup. I opened a ticket to inquire as to why I already received a invoice for next month, even before having the vps I paid for, setup. I received a copy of my initial invoice in email, as well as it also was listed as paid in my dashboard on their website. I was asked to send proof that I paid for the VPS I ordered before they could setup it up. I replied back that you can see paid invoice on your system. I waited another 24 hours, no progress and no response from them. I went to PayPal and opened a case to dispute payment and not receive service. I opened another ticket to let them know I filed a complain.
    10 minutes later I got email from them my VPS was set-up. PayPal refund my money.
    That's my story.

Well, now you will get it cancelled and your name added to Fraud Record and will be more difficult to purchase servers in the future.

Sometimes, glitches occur and the business doesn't always get instant money received notification, hence no server set up. So they asked for proof.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the issue.

Your timeline and PayPal win happened so fast, your timeline is suspicious. The company just had to say, "we didn't receive payment notification" in response. Maybe they didn't fight it and refunded it knowing they didn't want you as a customer.

You're the one to avoid in the future. Impatient, doesn't follow instructions and doesn't read ToS (or you'd know doing PayPal dispute gets your account immediately cancelled forever). You don't do a dispute if you want to remain a customer.

If a provider puts you on fraud record for this there should be a way to do the same to the provider.

The fuck? I don't care if it takes time, sure it can. But don't bill me for another month meanwhile.

If a technical glitch isn't obvious to you like the rest of us and no payment happened on the next month invoice (no impact to you), yes, you're still being the asshole.

• @melp57 said:
    This company didn't do anything until I alerted them about a dispute.
    I admit I jumped the gun with PayPal and have learned my lesson in that respect.

Stop fucking lying. You were asked to provide payment confirmation and YOU didn't. It was your fault they didn't do anything after that. Then you opened a dispute and PayPal found the payment confirmation for them.

See how YOU made things more complicated by not doing what they asked?

Irony.

Thanked by 12bluesc
  • @serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the i

@mrs92 said:
    Keep calm and peace guys. This one should be closed due to the resolved problem.

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    I admit I jumped the gun with PayPal and have learned my lesson in that respect.

Stop fucking lying. You were asked to provide payment confirmation and YOU didn't. It was your fault they didn't do anything after that. Then you opened a dispute and PayPal found the payment confirmation for them.

Irony.

Nope, the company can see paid invoice on their side, just as I saw on my dashboard. How many times do I have to explain.

• MikeDVBMikeDVB Member, Host Rep

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

Most quality providers take FraudRecord with a grain of salt if they use it at all. If there is a good match [not just a name] and there is a string of reports from various different providers all saying similar stuff - sure - it could make things more difficult.

Then again I haven't really been in the low end market myself in quite some time until very recently so I may be a little out of touch as to what providers in the low end market look at when evaluating FraudRecord.

• @TimboJones said:

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

If a technical glitch isn't obvious to you like the rest of us and no payment happened on the next month invoice (no impact to you), yes, you're still being the asshole.

Of course. It's always a technical glitch when it comes to something like this.

Oh and I still don't care.

• @melp57 said:

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the i

@mrs92 said:
    Keep calm and peace guys. This one should be closed due to the resolved problem.

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

Irony.

Nope, the company can see paid invoice on their side, just as I saw on my dashboard. How many times do I have to explain.

They don't have your password to login as you. They login as tech support agents and they clearly told you that they don't see the payment.

It cannot be explained any simpler. You didn't listen. That's confirmed, you cannot argue.

• @TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

@mrs92 said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

Irony.

They don't have your password to login as you. They login as tech support agents and they clearly told you that they don't see the payment.

It cannot be explained any simpler. You didn't listen. That's confirmed, you cannot argue.

Give me a freaking break, you're really that dump. They can see everything about your account. Even if a invoice has been paid.
    Boy your stupid!

@melp57 said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

@mrs92 said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

Irony.

Give me a freaking break, you're really that dump. They can see everything about your account. Even if a invoice has been paid.
    Boy your stupid!

You are the stupid one, if a staff account is setup as support they will see support tickets, server details

If the account is billing and accounts they will have access to payments, invoices.

You are such a rude person. You posted here expecting a little army to side with you, it did not happen now you want a “break”. Grow up

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @jbiloh said:
    @Nick might be able to help. He works at CVPS.

Can you please close this thread

Thanked by 1lowendclient
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited November 2022

@melp57 said:

NO! I vote to leave the thread open.

@melp57 has stretched it out with non-stop defensive replies, and suddenly they want the thread closed. I say make 'em take their medicine like a [ gender-preference-here ].

My advice to @melp57:

Stop replying and the thread will scroll off the front page quickly. The truth is that nobody cares. Nobody would bother to post more if you could learn enough discipline to ignore any additional posts in this thread, including this one.

-> It is you who are keeping this thread alive, in case you have not figured it out yet. You want it dead? Stop posting.

(... drumming fingers on desk, waiting to see what happens next ...)

Thanked by 2melp57 TimboJones
  • @melp57 said:

@jbiloh said:
    @Nick might be able to help. He works at CVPS.

Just ask some mod for help. @Arkas

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Take it easy everyone please, no need for personal attacks.

@melp57 said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

@serv_ee said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

@mrs92 said:

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:

Irony.

Boy your stupid!

This is assuming the particular staff member has access to that. Some companies, for example, have people that handle support but cannot see invoices or handle billing issues. That said - this is usually the case when one or the other is outsourced.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • @MikeDVB said:
    This is assuming the particular staff member has access to that. Some companies, for example, have people that handle support but cannot see invoices or handle billing issues. That said - this is usually the case when one or the other is outsourced.

Yes, but it reads like support didn't actually mention that. @melp57 is right. PayPal chargebacks are innocuous anyways, as long as the disputing party is honest. The provider can close it by just refunding the payment - no penalty.

@jiggawattz said:

@MikeDVB said:

Yes, but it reads like support didn't actually mention that. @melp57 is right. PayPal chargebacks are innocuous anyways, as long as the disputing party is honest. The provider can close it by just refunding the payment - no penalty.

Indeed. It's still best to try and work it out with a vendor directly first but if all else fails - a dispute/chargeback is the way to go.

• @jiggawattz said:

@MikeDVB said:

I don't know, but a quick Google search says PayPal charges up to $20 fee per dispute.

• @TimboJones said:
    I don't know, but a quick Google search says PayPal charges up to $20 fee per dispute.

Provider can just refund the payment, then there is no fee charged.

• I have a bad experience with them in the past too. This is sad. Hope they upgrade their service and stuff.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Everything aside, I had to actually read twice, thrice to make sure he is talking about CVPS ? How you even got to know about them ?

• nullroutenullroute Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2022

PayPal disputes are a problem and hurt the provider anyway.
    [unnecessary remark]

Mod edit (angstrom): deleted

• @true_nullroute : Please try to avoid offensive remarks

This thread dates from November 2nd, and as far as I can tell, the original issue has been resolved

Thread closed

Thanked by 1melp57
This discussion has been closed.