Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't buy from this provider!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Don't buy from this provider!

Don't purchased from http://www.chicagovps.net/
I placed an order yesterday, paid invoice via PayPal. VPS was not setup. After a few hours I received an invoice for December payment, vps still not setup. I opened a ticket to inquire as to why I already received a invoice for next month, even before having the vps I paid for, setup. I received a copy of my initial invoice in email, as well as it also was listed as paid in my dashboard on their website. I was asked to send proof that I paid for the VPS I ordered before they could setup it up. I replied back that you can see paid invoice on your system. I waited another 24 hours, no progress and no response from them. I went to PayPal and opened a case to dispute payment and not receive service. I opened another ticket to let them know I filed a complain.
10 minutes later I got email from them my VPS was set-up. PayPal refund my money.
That's my story.

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• lol

Thanked by 1gbzret4d
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

Thanked by 1ralf
  • So what?

• @403_Forbidden said:
    So what?

What do you mean so what, their a ripoff.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @melp57 said:

@403_Forbidden said:
    So what?

You're not saying anything new or interesting. I'm sorry you got screwed by CVPS but CVPS has been shitty for a while now. This isn't really a warning.

• @HalfEatenPie said:

@melp57 said:

@403_Forbidden said:
    So what?

You're not saying anything new or interesting. I'm sorry you got screwed by CVPS but CVPS has been shitty for a while now. This isn't really a warning.

My first experience with them and was not aware of their reputation.

• @melp57 said:

@403_Forbidden said:
    So what?

Didn't you get a free server? Sounds like you were dreadfully inconvenienced.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @melp57 said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@melp57 said:

@403_Forbidden said:
    So what?

They also haven't advertised here in a long time.

or how did you even find them then?

• I thought it was common knowledge that ChicagoVPS, LosAngelesVPS, etc. were all 💩

Thanked by 1melp57
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2022

@melp57 said:
    I placed an order yesterday, paid invoice via PayPal. VPS was not setup. After a few hours I received an invoice for December payment, vps still not setup. I opened a ticket to inquire as to why I already received a invoice for next month, even before having the vps I paid for, setup. I received a copy of my initial invoice in email, as well as it also was listed as paid in my dashboard on their website. I was asked to send proof that I paid for the VPS I ordered before they could setup it up. I replied back that you can see paid invoice on your system. I waited another 24 hours, no progress and no response from them. I went to PayPal and opened a case to dispute payment and not receive service. I opened another ticket to let them know I filed a complain.
    10 minutes later I got email from them my VPS was set-up. PayPal refund my money.
    That's my story.

Well, now you will get it cancelled and your name added to Fraud Record and will be more difficult to purchase servers in the future.

Sometimes, glitches occur and the business doesn't always get instant money received notification, hence no server set up. So they asked for proof.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the issue.

Your timeline and PayPal win happened so fast, your timeline is suspicious. The company just had to say, "we didn't receive payment notification" in response. Maybe they didn't fight it and refunded it knowing they didn't want you as a customer.

You're the one to avoid in the future. Impatient, doesn't follow instructions and doesn't read ToS (or you'd know doing PayPal dispute gets your account immediately cancelled forever). You don't do a dispute if you want to remain a customer.

• A dispute less than 48 hours into a transaction? CVPS is no saint but I would say you were the problem not them.

• Your way off base. If a paid invoice is showing on my dashboard on their website, they can surely see it. And a no response to a ticket in 24 hours period tells me they could care less . Ignoring a customer doesn't cut it. As far as being put on a list, not happing. I requested to cancel my account with them, and they don't even respond to that request. My only fault was not researching the company in the first place. I have plenty of other providers I use and have experience nothing but great customer service where they bend over backwards to work with you. I'm stupid for even signing up with other companies. I was just trying to spread it around to help other providers with my business.

• @deadpool said:
    A dispute less than 48 hours into a transaction? CVPS is no saint but I would say you were the problem not them.

Giving 24 hours to just respond to a issues is good enough. When a company can't even see a paid invoice on their system, should not even be in business. I've never had an issue like this. If you think I'm the problem, then you'll as bad as them. It's been 3 day's now and they still have not tried to fix my issues. Funny thing is, when I notified them I was going to dispute with PayPal, ten minutes later they set-up the VPS. Maybe you didn't read that part?

• @BigDongLong said:
    I thought it was common knowledge that ChicagoVPS, LosAngelesVPS, etc. were all 💩

Wish I would have known that. Live and learn.

• @melp57 said:

@deadpool said:
    A dispute less than 48 hours into a transaction? CVPS is no saint but I would say you were the problem not them.

Giving 24 hours to just respond to a issues is good enough. When a company can't even see a paid invoice on their system, should not even be in business. I've never had an issue like this. If you think I'm the problem, then you'll as bad as them. It's been 3 day's now and they still have not tried to fix my issues. Funny thing is, when I notified them I was going to dispute with PayPal, ten minutes later they set-up the VPS. Maybe you didn't read that part?

Curious as to how it's been 3 days but your original post stated you ordered yesterday?

• @deadpool said:

@melp57 said:

@deadpool said:

Curious as to how it's been 3 days but your original post stated you ordered yesterday?

My mistake, your correct. But still radio silence from them.

• jiggawattjiggawatt Member
    edited November 2022

@HalfEatenPie said:

@melp57 said:

They do, (don’t) click Kermit The Frog box ad on LET’s full site.

• lowendclientlowendclient Member
    edited November 2022

Do some research and you may find out ChicagoVPS and this forum used to be the same company...
    Be patience to cheap providers, wait at least 1 week then complaint on public forum, wait at least 1 month then make dispute.
    You wait only 3 days then make dispute, the plot moves too fast. You're too anxious to walk into this market, customer is not the god here.

• @melp57 said:
    That's my story.

You got your money back but you got your VPS setup?

• @masiqbal said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

You got your money back but you got your VPS setup?

He means they will activate the vps only if the complain is submitted. :D

• @jiggawattz said:

@HalfEatenPie said:

@melp57 said:

They do, (don’t) click Kermit The Frog box ad on LET’s full site.

Oh I guess fair enough I have ad blocker on so I don't see those

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Nick might be able to help. He works at CVPS.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • @jbiloh said:
    @Nick might be able to help. He works at CVPS.

It seems he is not active.

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

@melp57 - I usually handle any billing tickets that are escalated but sadly was out sick yesterday and didn't see it as usual.

Refund processed as requested and account removed, thanks for your patience and best of luck.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

I would feel the username here should be melt not melp, seems to want instant replies in the low end market which never happens, even PayPal advise 48-72 hour replies to emails and they are hardly a small company. I would say the company is better off not having you as a customer for being so impatient and ready to post on forums over the first small issue.

I really hope they have added you to fraud record and many providers now refuse you services or at least make you use crypto because your shady actions here can impact companies when a little patience could save a whole lot of problems for both parties involved.

• @SWS said:
    I would feel the username here should be melt not melp, seems to want instant replies in the low end market which never happens, even PayPal advise 48-72 hour replies to emails and they are hardly a small company. I would say the company is better off not having you as a customer for being so impatient and ready to post on forums over the first small issue.

I really hope they have added you to fraud record and many providers now refuse you services or at least make you use crypto because your shady actions here can impact companies when a little patience could save a whole lot of problems for both parties involved.

Another person Way off Base. If you took the time to read other post here you would notice others saying this provider is not good. Maybe mind your own business, you don't even know me.

• JustHostJustHost Member, Patron Provider

"Maybe mind your own business, you don't even know me"

Let me break this down

"Maybe mind your own business" - This is a public forum for everyone to have their say, don't like people having their say because they do not agree with your stupid views, don't post rubbish

"you don't even know me" - I know you are impatient, complaining, and do not even follow the PayPal policy, PayPal (if you talk with them on the phone) will always advise you to allow 72 hours after emailing a company before making a dispute to allow them time to reply. You have admitted you did not do this, I hope you told PayPal you did that too, maybe if you have a habit of this type of activity of jumping to disputes you will soon see a closed account for dispute process abuse.

Good day.

• @Nick said:
    @melp57 - I usually handle any billing tickets that are escalated but sadly was out sick yesterday and didn't see it as usual.

Refund processed as requested and account removed, thanks for your patience and best of luck.

I apologize if I've jumped the gun. Maybe the person who responded to one of my tickets could have indicated that a delay was possible because of staffing issues. Thanks for reaching out on here. I could give your company another shot unless you have banned me from your system.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited November 2022

@TimboJones said:

@melp57 said:
    That's my story.

Well, now you will get it cancelled and your name added to Fraud Record and will be more difficult to purchase servers in the future.

Sometimes, glitches occur and the business doesn't always get instant money received notification, hence no server set up. So they asked for proof.

And instead of providing proof you made the payment, and could have resolved the issue 10 minutes later by doing what was asked, you basically said "verify it yourself", which means you didn't do what they asked and didn't provide the proof to resolve the issue.

Your timeline and PayPal win happened so fast, your timeline is suspicious. The company just had to say, "we didn't receive payment notification" in response. Maybe they didn't fight it and refunded it knowing they didn't want you as a customer.

You're the one to avoid in the future. Impatient, doesn't follow instructions and doesn't read ToS (or you'd know doing PayPal dispute gets your account immediately cancelled forever). You don't do a dispute if you want to remain a customer.

If a provider puts you on fraud record for this there should be a way to do the same to the provider.

The fuck? I don't care if it takes time, sure it can. But don't bill me for another month meanwhile.

• @SWS said:
    "Maybe mind your own business, you don't even know me"

Let me break this down

"Maybe mind your own business" - This is a public forum for everyone to have their say, don't like people having their say because they do not agree with your stupid views, don't post rubbish

"you don't even know me" - I know you are impatient, complaining, and do not even follow the PayPal policy, PayPal (if you talk with them on the phone)

You don't even have a clue about my actions with providers. I have many accounts with many different providers from here, and I expect to be provided with the service I pay for and I expect communication from the provider.
    This company didn't do anything until I alerted them about a dispute.
    I admit I jumped the gun with PayPal and have learned my lesson in that respect.

This discussion has been closed.