Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Contabo: new SSD storage, promo with no setup fees - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Contabo: new SSD storage, promo with no setup fees

2»

Comments

• @mosquitoguy said:
    you could've gotten vps from interserver with 8TB storage (HDD) for $26 a month. you don't need SSD for plex media.

With the birthday offer, it was $3 per TB and I think you were allowed to stack.

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

@mosquitoguy said:

@Advin said:
    There is some minor CPU steal, but overall, performance is decent. I could reach around 700-800 Mbps network speeds consistently. I think this might be a keeper for me. I don't really see many storage options with a decent amount of CPU and RAM with 3-4TB in the US for under or around $30/month.

you could've gotten vps from interserver with 8TB storage (HDD) for $26 a month. you don't need SSD for plex media.

Could you give me a link to the Interserver deal?

Also, I generally prefer using SSD whenever possible. I know that Plex particularly does not need SSD, but everything feels far more responsive and I can run some other stuff on the same box. Generally, with storage VPS's in particular, I find that they can be quite slow because of other users on the node hammering the disk. At least with SSD, this usually isn't the case.

• @Advin said:

just go to interserver.net and choose storage vps. pick 8 slice and put happybirthdaylala as the coupon code and your monthly is $24 for 8TB.

@mosquitoguy said:

@Advin said:

just go to interserver.net and choose storage vps. pick 8 slice and put happybirthdaylala as the coupon code and your monthly is $24 for 8TB.

I got an Invalid Coupon Specified error :/

@Advin said:

@mosquitoguy said:

@Advin said:

I got an Invalid Coupon Specified error :/

I see, this is most likely because it's out of stock, I'll likely go with Interserver once it's back in stock, thanks for letting me know of this offer :)