Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has permanent (One-time permanent payment) VPS become a joke?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has permanent (One-time permanent payment) VPS become a joke?

DesiteDesite Member
edited November 2022 in General

It is suspected that georgedatacenter forcibly canceled the VPS that users purchased last year's Black Friday.(Without any notice and announcement, the user will be revoked and the original price will be renewed for the next year.)
I am afraid that permanent VPS will force a service fee every year. (guess)

Comments

• @georgedatacenter Is this true

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

As already mentioned. We are not renewing services for annual promotions.

Services we launch for $3, $5 or $12 a year. We are not renewing them.

If you want to keep the service you must upgrade to monthly.

The one payment service has not been and will not be modified.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

I do not about them , but it is not sustainable when there is power and network cost monthly basis

• @georgedatacenter said:

But users also need to be informed in advance so that they are best prepared to migrate their data.This is the most wrong part.

@Desite said:

@georgedatacenter said:

But users also need to be informed in advance so that they are best prepared to migrate their data.This is the most wrong part.

You can open a support ticket if you need a few months to transfer your files. Or you have the option to keep passing on your services on a monthly payment basis.

• xprebounxpreboun Member
    edited November 2022

Well it's already answered by the host.

This is clearly a bait and switch. You created the offers knowing that they would be unsustainable and upsell your customers after they purchase and are looking to renew. At the very least, you should apologize and give an excuse...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

one time payment vps was always a joke

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The end is nigh.

• @Desite said:
    It is suspected that georgedatacenter forcibly canceled the VPS that users purchased last year's Black Friday.(Without any notice and announcement, the user will be revoked and the original price will be renewed for the next year.)

are you talking about one time payment vps or black Friday annual vps?

• NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited November 2022

@ehhthing said: This is clearly a bait and switch. You created the offers knowing that they would be unsustainable and upsell your customers after they purchase and are looking to renew. At the very least, you should apologize and give an excuse...

I think the problem here is not just unsustainable offers and doubt they had the intention to do a bait and switch. They are turning all annually paid services to monthly services (not just the unsustainable ones). I believe that in the hosting industry, having mostly monthly paid services give your company a higher valuation so...

Thanked by 2yoursunny dev077
  • Thanked by 1ehab
  • @cybertech said:

@Desite said:

At least in my case I received a notification that this plan will not be renewed.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3327724/#Comment_3327724

George Datacenter: $5/yr 1GB VMWare VPS in LA

• @cybertech said:

@Desite said:

both

• @Desite said:

Well even 1 time payment VPN is joke rn. Imagine those who sold 1 time payment servers in europe before pandemic how they want to continue.

The only thing that matters is that do they provide a refund in case of not being able to continue their lifetime services ?

• @patro said:

@Desite said:

Well even 1 time payment VPN is joke rn. Imagine those who sold 1 time payment servers in europe before pandemic how they want to continue.

The only thing that matters is that do they provide a refund in case of not being able to continue their lifetime services ?

Won't happen, what may happen is providers may not be as short sighted and silly in future.... but I doubt it

• DDOSTECHDDOSTECH Member
    edited November 2022

I think the budget allocated as a kind of advertising budget will be used in this way. Otherwise, this campaign is just a 'one-time' scattering of money on the street, while even the big manufacturing industry can't predict the exact course of energy prices. Let alone a one-time payment, companies should think at least 5 times even when making an 'annual' agreement and set the price exactly against the increase rates that the next year will bring.

• @DDOSTECH said:
    I think the budget allocated as a kind of advertising budget will be used in this way. Otherwise, this campaign is just a one-off scattering of money on the street, while even the big manufacturing industry cannot predict the exact course of energy prices. Let alone a one-time payment, companies should think at least 5 times even when making an 'annual' agreement and set the price exactly against the increase rates that the next year will bring.

Should, but too busy racing to the bottom!

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

Wait for some more time, the lifetime (aka onetime payment) hosting shared/reseller will follow the same path...

• ArkasArkas Moderator

There are many providers offering 1 year plans with recurring prices, at list until now.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • titustitus Member
    edited November 2022

I think it would be better/correcter way to change the "One-time permanent payment" plans to a yearly plans with the same fees. And inform the customers about the reasons.
    PS: I'm not a customer of this company at the moment.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Hi, I can provide 4GB VPS with $10000 one time payment.
    I'll put the money into high yield savings accounts, which generates $200 in interest per year.
    I'll then buy 4GB VPS from GreenCloudVPS for $25/year and give you root password.
    I'll earn $175 in profits.
    If interest rate drops below VPS price, I'll disappear forever.

It's perfectly fine to have a promotion that applies to first year only and regular price after.

But that needs to be crystal clear BEFORE any purchase happens. You cannot silently change a recurring promo to single use. Otherwise, that's literally fraud.

Thanked by 1vero

@TimboJones said:

@georgedatacenter said:

It's perfectly fine to have a promotion that applies to first year only and regular price after.

But that needs to be crystal clear BEFORE any purchase happens. You cannot silently change a recurring promo to single use. Otherwise, that's literally fraud.

we have always mentioned at some point that our promotions are limited, that they are not forever.

we have always released a small stock of these promotions. that is why we have been doing it for 3 years and we are still earning income from it.

However, I hope it is understood that we need to grow and to do that we need to reduce costs and improve service.

i understand that this has upset some of our customers who have been with us for years and we are always willing to listen to them, they can open a support ticket for this.

@MikeA said:
    one time payment vps was always a joke

Not for us. none of our VPS promoted for a single payment. they have not been modified and are still active.

@TimboJones said:

@georgedatacenter said:

we have always mentioned at some point that our promotions are limited, that they are not forever.

Wtf? "Some point" meaning "year two" for exactly zero people. This is misleading scam type shit.

we have always released a small stock of these promotions. that is why we have been doing it for 3 years and we are still earning income from it.

I'm confused. You have profitable promotions but at the same time cancelling them without notice. Are you being stupid on purpose?

However, I hope it is understood that we need to grow and to do that we need to reduce costs and improve service.

Every one understands that. That's why people want a predictable price BEFORE buying something.

i understand that this has upset some of our customers who have been with us for years and we are always willing to listen to them, they can open a support ticket for this.

And you'll tell them to switch to higher priced regular monthly price. That's not a solution, that's fucked up.

Thanked by 1Mumbly

@TimboJones said:

@georgedatacenter said:

@TimboJones said:

@georgedatacenter said:

Wtf? "Some point" meaning "year two" for exactly zero people. This is misleading scam type shit.

I'm confused. You have profitable promotions but at the same time cancelling them without notice. Are you being stupid on purpose?

Every one understands that. That's why people want a predictable price BEFORE buying something.

And you'll tell them to switch to higher priced regular monthly price. That's not a solution, that's fucked up.

ok

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2022

This is somewhat like perfect example
    Like i said

Nothing eternal on this life including on someone business or even for non profit thing

Everthing can be change or change drastically so you must ready for accept change anytime

Not like Someone that think that on his mind everyone must follow his mindset to be stagnant forever , such everyone must follow what is he wanted like there is variable that not must be there on the place

Referring someone (or maybe some community) that think he is the most right and smart here if you all know (you know who)

It is what it is, enjoy it as long as it still there

Dont offer here anymore please. If you cant keep the price you are offering its false advertising in my opinion.
    If you cant calculate your problem not the problem of your customers.

• Any provider offering lifetime servers in this climate is scamming themselves.