Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostslick.com - BRUTAL 50% recurring discount on all KVM VPS! (Intel Xeon/AMD Ryzen) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostslick.com - BRUTAL 50% recurring discount on all KVM VPS! (Intel Xeon/AMD Ryzen)

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@crystal said:

Some customer's website? You're not doing anything shady, are you?

EDIT: When I searched for "host slick" on Twitter I found a bunch of people talking about how your addresses were being used by a forum that doxxes and harasses people until they commit suicide. Is that true? What's going on here?

Use your real account @tinyweasel & @Hotmarer.

• @HostSlick said: no, please open ticket for that. We review account and make sure you are really outside EU and not just giving wrong adress

I still have a question, when I choose KVM AMD Ryzen V, it is not 8vcore 12G memory as advertised, but 8vcore 8G memory.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@infplus said:

@HostSlick said: no, please open ticket for that. We review account and make sure you are really outside EU and not just giving wrong adress

I still have a question, when I choose KVM AMD Ryzen V, it is not 8vcore 12G memory as advertised, but 8vcore 8G memory.

It should be fixed now. I have copied the other plans and just modified them. The AMD Ryzen page is just few days old. Might not have noticed it yet :smile:
    i re-view ALL asap later.

To vanish all your doubts, The coniditons on the main page https://hostslick.com/ryzen-vps.php are CORRECT. :smile:

• @yoursunny said:

@crystal said:

EDIT: When I searched for "host slick" on Twitter I found a bunch of people talking about how your addresses were being used by a forum that doxxes and harasses people until they commit suicide. Is that true? What's going on here?

?????

I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be concerned about doing business with a company that is enabling a man who was kicked off of Cloudflare's services for his site's constant involvement in unethical and often illegal activities. @HostSlick you are aware that Kiwifarms hosts content that is in violation of European privacy and hate speech laws, correct?

• @crystal said:

@yoursunny said:

@crystal said:

?????

I don't think it's unreasonable for me to be concerned about doing business with a company that is enabling a man who was kicked off of Cloudflare's services for his site's constant involvement in unethical and often illegal activities. @HostSlick you are aware that Kiwifarms hosts content that is in violation of European privacy and hate speech laws, correct?

Let's let the authorities decide to go after @HostSlick if they've done something wrong

This is an offer thread. By all signs, you're skeptical about the provider. Okay, but then just move on

• @yoursunny said:

@crystal said:

Ok

Are there any Sales/Offer related questions?

Intel KVM VPS are now back in stock and as said we recently added a new Ryzen VPS node which both new nodes intel and ryzen are bit empty for now.

Deals are in stock. Available this sunday as we work on Tickets and orders .

• MatthewMMatthewM Member
    edited October 2022

Looks like Hostslick are putting up prices for people who signed up for this offer, just a few days ago.

First Payment Amount
    €21.00EUR
    Recurring Amount
    €34.00EUR

Feeling like a bait-and-switch.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@MatthewM said:
    Looks like Hostslick are putting up prices for people who signed up for this offer, just a few days ago.

First Payment Amount
    €21.00EUR
    Recurring Amount
    €34.00EUR

I warned ya.
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3497129/#Comment_3497129

• @yoursunny said:

@MatthewM said:

First Payment Amount
    €21.00EUR
    Recurring Amount
    €34.00EUR

I warned ya.

I will probably request a pro-rota refund, under the legally required 14 days money back. If they don't comply I can bring it up higher.

edited October 2022

@MatthewM said:

@yoursunny said:

@MatthewM said:

First Payment Amount
    €21.00EUR
    Recurring Amount
    €34.00EUR

I warned ya.

I will probably request a pro-rota refund, under the legally required 14 days money back. If they don't comply I can bring it up higher.

There has been error which is being corrected. Recurring price is 21€.
    But surely we will close your account and make a FULL refund of everything asap this week so you can stfu or do as you want :-)

I will be so nice and refund the lifetime 7€ order from 2021 as well as im not looking to do Business with people like you. You where Not being able to wait for a first response on Tickets before going straight nuts and threatening us with things like "I can bring this up higher".

Account will be closed this week.

FYI this error did happen because the whmcs bulk pricing updater has very limited function and it was already known before your ticket that due to that a mistake happen but we are already working on it and email will follow to affected customers
    this week.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • Also terminated a lifetime hosting package for posting what the product page says..... Fantastic.

Telling someone to "stfu" for passing on what your product page, says more about your attitude than me. Saying you don't want someone as a customer, rather than coming here to say its a mistake.

And what is a "abuse error".

I simply tell the truth. I am fairly polite and professional with who I deal with. I am sorry if this does not work out, but for the sake of everyone, please don't let your emotions boil over a mistake on your systems and someone simply telling the truth about it.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy

And what is a "abuse error".

-- Auto correction. Sorry.. been on phone typing.

There are some rules at our roof: Dont be a dick. Or we will be too. Be a nice customer and we will be nice. Or just dont bother sign-up or ordering.

• Thanks for updating your response with more details. Please calm down (I have the email from your ticket response and its rushed nature generally concerns me in how clear your mind is right not).

You had the chance to make yourself look even better than even if WHMCS did not bug-out with the correct response. You sent an email saying that prices had just increased, I rightly looked at what the price was and reported here that an offer posted about a week ago was seeing price rises.

I could go on about how the lifetime was actually purchased in 2022 (as your restocked for a quick limited stock deal) or how under the email, who purchased a few days before me would officially be due a price rise.

Please see what its like from the other side to get an email saying prices are going up and checking WHMCS and seeing a massive increase is like.

I could go on about how my time as a low-end webhost taught me about people and the lesson I took forward after leaving the industry, but time will come, just not now.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@HostSlick said: But surely we will close your account and make a FULL refund of everything asap this week so you can stfu or do as you want :-)

@HostSlick said:
    There are some rules at our roof: Dont be a dick. Or we will be too. Be a nice customer and we will be nice. Or just dont bother sign-up or ordering.

O for fuck's sake, you really have a need to act like a completely unstable moron, don't you? It was just a comment. Who wouldn't be astonished with so drastic price increase (even if it's calculated by mistake - he couldn't know that) of a freshly purchased product? He wasn't rude or anything toward you.
    If anything then your "stfu" and "I will have my revenge with other products you purchased in the past" are completely out of place. You're not 14 years old or what? And it's not even for the first time...

Thanked by 2yoursunny Egyarmy
  • bruuuuutaaaaaaaaaalll

• I want to put a close to this and avoid this thread becoming a drama feast. I thankfully accept that this will be refunded as offered above, as we both want to move on at this stage.

Everyone else here, please avoid name calling the host as no one wants a return to 2012-era LET.

Putting "a line" behind this situation and will continue with the current host my website is with. If anyone else has any issues please bring them up in a dignified way. No swearing or name calling. Just truthfulness.

Unless there is a very good reason, I will not make anymore posts on this thread. I have my life to get on with and so does the owner of Hostslick.

Thanked by 2Egyarmy securer
  • zcorpszcorps Member
    edited October 2022

hostslick services are very good. am using their shared hosting Plan B of directadmin its good. lets hope they add to to run node apps on it too on small scale. so that we can test out node apps.

thanks

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
    edited October 2022

The Email bellow is being sent right now for those who may be affected with a wrong price increase. The issue is being boiled out asap. Yesterday was too much tasks and no time anymore.

Hello,

following up to our yesterdays Email we have noticed that there was some mistake with the price increase affecting Quaterly and Yeary Billed KVM and OpenVZ VPS.
    As well as monthly, quaterly and yearly KVM and OpenVZ VPS which are ordered between 18. Ocotober 2022 - 24. October 2022.

Some customers have received a incorrect price increase due to a mistake. Not all customers. We are currently filtering out affected once to fix this.

Please make sure to login to your ClientArea to check your new pricing. If its above 15% of the list price you can notify us and we will correct it.

We are starting to correct this mistake already and expect to have this clear out in the next 2-3 days. You can still message us if there is any doubt.

In arround 2-3 days affected customers are fixed with correct pricing; there wont be any future email regarding this

Also you can contact and have a conversation with us if there is any problem with the price.

We are sorry for the pain. This is for your information that we are working on this.

Thank you for understanding.

HostSlick e. K.

Thanked by 2yoursunny securer
  • zedzed Member

@HostSlick said:

There has been error which is being corrected. Recurring price is 21€.
    But surely we will close your account and make a FULL refund of everything asap this week so you can stfu or do as you want :-)

I will be so nice and refund the lifetime 7€ order from 2021 as well as im not looking to do Business with people like you. You where Not being able to wait for a first response on Tickets before going straight nuts and threatening us with things like "I can bring this up higher".

Account will be closed this week.

FYI this error did happen because the whmcs bulk pricing updater has very limited function and it was already known before your ticket that due to that a mistake happen but we are already working on it and email will follow to affected customers
    this week.

lol this is the guy i want to do business with.

Thanked by 1Egyarmy
  • Is there any Windows option?

• @phyesix said:
    Is there any Windows option?

Yes, if you go to https://hostslick.com/vps.php there are openvz, kvm and windows kvm

@phyesix said:

@kait said:

@phyesix said:

Yes, if you go to https://hostslick.com/vps.php there are openvz, kvm and windows kvm

Correct!

Windows KVM VPS are available.

https://hostslick.com/vps.php

Dedicated servers/Bare metal can also run any OS - so also windows

https://hostslick.com/dedicated.php

Thanked by 1kait
  • @yoursunny said:

@MatthewM said:

First Payment Amount
    €21.00EUR
    Recurring Amount
    €34.00EUR

I warned ya.

@HostSlick said:

Wow. I was planning to get a VPS from you folks, to spread our VPS's to even more providers.
    But the way you respond with guts in harsh tone, that also in public setting, is definitely not my kind of provider.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

lol don’t have to be so sensitive! Just saying

Thanked by 1kait
  • I want to get on this deal, but package 1 shows 50GB SSD on the ad page, when I go to check out it says 30GB SSD. Which is it ?

Also there is no IPv6 ?

CPU - 2 vCores

RAM - 2 GB

Bandwidth - Unmetered Fair Use

SSD Disk Space - 30 GB

Port Speed - 1 Gbps

IP Addresse(s) - 1

Operating System - Linux

Location - Lelystad, Netherlands (EU)

@yozh said:
    I want to get on this deal, but package 1 shows 50GB SSD on the ad page, when I go to check out it says 30GB SSD. Which is it ?

Also there is no IPv6 ?

CPU - 2 vCores

RAM - 2 GB

Bandwidth - Unmetered Fair Use

SSD Disk Space - 30 GB

Port Speed - 1 Gbps

IP Addresse(s) - 1

Operating System - Linux

Location - Lelystad, Netherlands (EU)

IPV6 available

OpenVZ with this plan 30GB
    KVM with this plan 50GB