Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Currently Sending 5 Million Emails Per Day, Want To Switch Providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Currently Sending 5 Million Emails Per Day, Want To Switch Providers

2»

Comments

• @raindog308 said:

@LTniger said: This is something to decide for your recipients

You seem to believe it's impossible that someone could legitimately send 5m emails a month.

Why?

There are entire businesses these days that are based on sending email newsletters. SubStack, Dracula Daily, etc. OP wants do the same and is willing to do more work to keep more profits.

Impossible due to unbelievable churn to filter list constantly by removing old, non-existant emails. Also, human nature. Some will mark email as spam because his/her day was bad.

Due to only those few points, it is not possible to send millions of emails per month and claim that it is not spam.

• Just get an ip range, configure dkim, spf, etc OR hire a legit sysadmin with mailserver experience & be your own email provider.

Initially more expensive but assuming you're not a spammer & you know what you're doing, having your own (properly configured) mailserver is cheaper and more reliable in the long run. People used to outsourcing it to big corps (or small corps) will beg to differ but yeah....

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2022

I send millions per day via sendgrid and mailgun

Both were purchased. Mailgun was sold 3 times. My assumption is that mail business is no longer interesting for their parent companies. They send SMS and wanted the same quiet business. But in email, they have to deal with all these spamhauses, new laws, compliance issues. Sendgrid tightened up the rules last year (we are twilio now, so you should not dishonor our reputation).

During the last 1-2 years, I see that both went down the hill. Sendgrid laid off good support, and hired newbies (probably much cheaper). Sometimes they lack of knowledge.

I see they are hiring now in Colombia and Romania. They are great countries and people, but wages probably much lower than previous US staff (some were in Spain).

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited October 2022

offtop question, does it make any negative impact if mail IPs are located in different countries? Maybe anyone knows

Mailgun now assign IPs from both Amazon and Rackspace (probably willing to migrate from Rackspace). So looks like different ASNs is ok

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited October 2022

@raindog308 said:

You seem to believe it's impossible that someone could legitimately send 5m emails a month.

Title says: per day, not month.

Seems legit.

• @tsoft said:
    Does it make any negative impact if mail IPs are located in different countries?

Based on my own personal experience, no, it doesn't.

• Looks like why I know why I've been experience latency with MailGun.

Use it for time latency sensitive checks, had to move to Outlook 365 SMTP service as within the last 2 weeks MailGun's had issues with 20-40 mins+ of latency on emails that are usually instant.

Granted it's not you, but it seems they aren't geared towards what we need, rather volume where latency isn't crucial (think financial health checks)

• @LTniger said:

@raindog308 said:

Why?

There are entire businesses these days that are based on sending email newsletters. SubStack, Dracula Daily, etc. OP wants do the same and is willing to do more work to keep more profits.

Impossible due to unbelievable churn to filter list constantly by removing old, non-existant emails. Also, human nature. Some will mark email as spam because his/her day was bad.

Due to only those few points, it is not possible to send millions of emails per month and claim that it is not spam.

Our mail hygiene protocol removes non-openers after 30 days, and reduces said volume to said recipients after 14 days to allow for the fact they may be on vacation or similar. We have a similar procedure, albeit over a slightly longer time frame, for people who are opening but not clicking. Whilst it is true that people unsubscribe for a myriad of reasons, we receive very few complaints due to the nature of our emails and the content we provide readers.

I'm sure you're very competent in your own field, but you clearly have no idea about this one.

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • @contigo said:
    Our mail hygiene protocol removes non-openers after 30 days, and reduces said volume to said recipients after 14 days to allow for the fact they may be on vacation or similar. We have a similar procedure, albeit over a slightly longer time frame, for people who are opening but not clicking. Whilst it is true that people unsubscribe for a myriad of reasons, we receive very few complaints due to the nature of our emails and the content we provide readers.

I'm sure you're very competent in your own field, but you clearly have no idea about this one.

What is your open rate?
    Sender score?
    How many IPs do you have?
    % of actual placement in inbox?

• @contigo said: but you clearly have no idea about this one.

Big ego? Noice. So, looking for new provider solely for the purpose to save money? No spammed to the bleeding edge IP ranges left behind?

I would like to subscribe to your list. Please add me: [email protected]