Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Price Increase (Dec 2022) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Price Increase (Dec 2022)

2»

Comments

• @BlaZe said:
    Good that they did not put the blame on the EU energy crisis.

that reason for price increase is reserved for pms.

• @SmartHost said:
    As much as I regret not owning a portion of CPanel when I have the chance in the Mid-90s, a small consolation is that I can sleep at night knowing I'm not treating my fellow industry folks like this. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

Certainly remember those good earlier days. Alabanza control panel was popular back then and cPanel was make its entry into the Hosting industry. Shawn you were at one point working on your own version of cPanel spin-off called webpanel if I remember correctly. Whatever happened to that? Though I am no longer part of the Hosting Industry any longer but kept up due to personal hobby.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

@_cece said:

@BlaZe said:
    Good that they did not put the blame on the EU energy crisis.

that reason for price increase is reserved for pms.

This is always the reason. Energy and sanctions are the best and most comfortable excuse to apply nowadays to everything.

For some weird and unknown reason, cPanel did not go this route. I find this extremely weird, but also it somewhat makes sense if they wish to increase pricing every year, with or without energy increase, with or without worldwide conflicts.

Maybe they just don't care about consumers, providers, or what happens in the world at the moment.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited September 2022

@Arkas said:

@Hxxx said: Enlighten all of us with your analysis...

Hi. I meant this:
    https://lowendbox.com/blog/your-directadmin-cost-might-be-going-up-by-250/

uhmm yeah that is not even a price increase. With the exception of the discontinuation of the personal, the rest is pretty much untouched. Some providers have secured internal licenses so that it remains free for their customers.

You can run a server with 100000000 accounts and it doesn't bill you by account. You just pay $29/mo. (and that's standard licensing)

• @default said:

Maybe they just don't care about consumers, providers, or what happens in the world at the moment.

I guess they are big enough. They just dont care and want to melk the cash cow. Are there seriously other panels? DA is going the same way..

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

@bula said:
    Certainly remember those good earlier days. Alabanza control panel was popular back then and cPanel was make its entry into the Hosting industry. Shawn you were at one point working on your own version of cPanel spin-off called webpanel if I remember correctly. Whatever happened to that? Though I am no longer part of the Hosting Industry any longer but kept up due to personal hobby.

That was VDI in New Jersey, when they split with Nick and retained rights/copy of CPanel original code. After that Nick came to work with me in Pennsylvania.

~ SMARTHOST

• @_cece said:

@default said:

I guess they are big enough. They just dont care and want to melk the cash cow. Are there seriously other panels? DA is going the same way..

We need something open-source.

Thanked by 1_cece
  • @SmartHost said:
    That was VDI in New Jersey, when they split with Nick and retained rights/copy of CPanel original code. After that Nick came to work with me in Pennsylvania.

~ SMARTHOST

Gotcha! yes certainly remember VDI.

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

I don't care anymore.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    one simple phrase.
    F##k cPanel.

I wonder how grandpa's and grandma's gonna manage their website after this.

Pay $10/year to some shared hoster? Grandma and grandpa shouldn't have ever had cpanel license, ever.

• @SmartHost said:
    As much as I regret not owning a portion of CPanel when I have the chance in the Mid-90s, a small consolation is that I can sleep at night knowing I'm not treating my fellow industry folks like this. ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

I'm told millions of dollars can help one sleep nicely.

• nodespacenodespace Member, Host Rep

And that's partner pricing... non-partner pricing:

For the smaller providers without partner pricing and/or 100 or less accounts per server, it's now cheaper to use Plesk. Though, who knows what Oakley is doing with Plesk. They seem to be in their own world away from the WHMCS & cPanel price gouging.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    one simple phrase.
    F##k cPanel.

I wonder how grandpa's and grandma's gonna manage their website after this.

The price increase has been very frequent recently... I prefer other control panels over them.

• so how much % increase from current to new pricing?

• This was to be expected ))))

• lovelyserverlovelyserver Member
    edited September 2022

@JasonM said:
    so how much % increase from current to new pricing?

and

Screenshots taken from VPSBG blog article

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

LowEndBox has published an article about the latest round of cPanel price hikes on both end users and NOC customers:

https://lowendbox.com/blog/oakley-capital-cant-wait-12-months-jacks-up-cpanel-prices-2nd-time-this-year/