Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyW - IT'S MY BIRTHDAY - LIFETIME OFFERS! Shared/Reseller Hosting, DE, LA and SG! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyW - IT'S MY BIRTHDAY - LIFETIME OFFERS! Shared/Reseller Hosting, DE, LA and SG!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@lukewoj said:

@MikePT said: Should we promise it to last 100 years, if the company doesn't operate for so long?

Well in my personal opinion, you should at least provide the minimum amount of time that your customers would expect to have an active service for. With the relaxed wording of your offer and legal terms, a lifetime could be that of a regular housefly which survives for about a month.

Let's say that someone pays 50€ for a lifetime reseller package and your company stops operating tomorrow. Does that then mean that this offer is technically against the LET rules as you can't offer a package that's more than $12 USD/month?

I'm strongly against any lifetime deals and don't know how you're able to offer them here but it seems like this forum lets anything go. Maybe because you're a moderator, Jon lets it slide. As much as I hate WHT, they at least banned these kinds of offers as they're deceptive to the end consumer.

I'm not interested in buying a deal myself but I'm just worried about your customers. Someone new to the hosting world will sign up and actually think it's a lifetime deal. They will sign up local mum and dad businesses, pricing their hosting thinking they've paid for a lifetime and then all of a sudden you might shut up shop.

Depending on how it goes, they might lose all of their data and have to build a whole new website and start fresh with their emails. Maybe you'll let them know that they need to migrate away as you're closing down the servers but then that will be a massive headache for them.

Also, when you say how many years you've been in business. Just remember that Bernie Madoff was able to run his pyramid scheme for over 10 years before being caught out.

For someone that registered back in March, you surely speak a lot.

Please worry about yourself, not about our customers. They're safe here, we're not going anywhere any time soon.

• @lukewoj said:

@MikePT said: Should we promise it to last 100 years, if the company doesn't operate for so long?

Well in my personal opinion, you should at least provide the minimum amount of time that your customers would expect to have an active service for. With the relaxed wording of your offer and legal terms, a lifetime could be that of a regular housefly which survives for about a month.

Let's say that someone pays 50€ for a lifetime reseller package and your company stops operating tomorrow. Does that then mean that this offer is technically against the LET rules as you can't offer a package that's more than $12 USD/month?

I'm strongly against any lifetime deals and don't know how you're able to offer them here but it seems like this forum lets anything go. Maybe because you're a moderator, Jon lets it slide. As much as I hate WHT, they at least banned these kinds of offers as they're deceptive to the end consumer.

I'm not interested in buying a deal myself but I'm just worried about your customers. Someone new to the hosting world will sign up and actually think it's a lifetime deal. They will sign up local mum and dad businesses, pricing their hosting thinking they've paid for a lifetime and then all of a sudden you might shut up shop.

Depending on how it goes, they might lose all of their data and have to build a whole new website and start fresh with their emails. Maybe you'll let them know that they need to migrate away as you're closing down the servers but then that will be a massive headache for them.

Also, when you say how many years you've been in business. Just remember that Bernie Madoff was able to run his pyramid scheme for over 10 years before being caught out.

Lifetime offers have been discussed many times over and over again. Just try substituting "lifetime" with "one-time charge". That way it is, perhaps, more clear that you will be charged only once, however, it is also clear that upon closure of business your service would expire. Now, many people would go as far as to calling this common sense, but it seems like there are always people confused by the term "lifetime". I am not saying anyone here is lacking common sense, but I think it is essential to understand that a "lifetime" deal is to be understood like "Part of the ship..part of the crew" (Pirates of the Carribbean). If the ship sinks, it's over. Do your research beforehand and buy with no regrets. You can usually refund services in the EU within 14 days for any reason if not satisfied. There are many great lifetime products like @MikePT service, @jar MxRoute, Blesta lifetime owned, VPN lifetime deals, pCloud, Koofr, Affinity Designer.. at the end of the day there are plenty.
    It's a popular business model to bring in some cash and should be considered an investment in the company you buy the product from. Again, do your research and no regrets. While there is no telling what tomorrow brings, I assume @MikePT at least would have the decency to tell us to take backups and move with ample notice. I could be wrong, I am only human, too. So is Mike and anyone else out there trying to make a living one way or another. Choose for yourself and have backups in place :)

Thanked by 1MikePT

@Ympker said:

@lukewoj said:

Lifetime offers have been discussed many times over and over again. Just try substituting "lifetime" with "one-time charge". That way it is, perhaps, more clear that you will be charged only once, however, it is also clear that upon closure of business your service would expire. Now, many people would go as far as to calling this common sense, but it seems like there are always people confused by the term "lifetime". I am not saying anyone here is lacking common sense, but I think it is essential to understand that a "lifetime" deal is to be understood like "Part of the ship..part of the crew" (Pirates of the Carribbean). If the ship sinks, it's over. Do your research beforehand and buy with no regrets. You can usually refund services in the EU within 14 days for any reason if not satisfied. There are many great lifetime products like @MikePT service, @jar MxRoute, Blesta lifetime owned, VPN lifetime deals, pCloud, Koofr, Affinity Designer.. at the end of the day there are plenty.
    It's a popular business model to bring in some cash and should be considered an investment in the company you buy the product from. Again, do your research and no regrets. While there is no telling what tomorrow brings, I assume @MikePT at least would have the decency to tell us to take backups and move with ample notice. I could be wrong, I am only human, too. So is Mike and anyone else out there trying to make a living one way or another. Choose for yourself and have backups in place :)

We use the company for several projects, one being MyW, then I work for another company, full-time, so I do all legal discounts through the company as well.

We're not planning to leave the market, but if we do, we'll definitely let everyone know well in advance.
    We're turning 7 years old in December!

Cheers! :)

Thanked by 3Ympker jcolideles nick_
  • @MikePT said:

@lukewoj said:
    How long is a lifetime by the way? I looked at your legal area but couldn't find the definition.

For as long as the company exists! :)

@jcolideles said:
    Hi, softaculous on wsg1 is expired

I got a ticket with Softaculous waiting for them to get back to us. The auto-renewal function isn't working properly, it's not using our funds there. Should be sorted today/tomorrow.

how about the news for softaculous license? any further information about this

Thanked by 1MikePT

@lifeform said: how about the news for softaculous license? any further information about this

Will be sorted today :)

• Ticket not replay was 2 hours, I'm starting to worry

• @MikePT said:

Please worry about yourself, not about our customers. They're safe here, we're not going anywhere any time soon.

So sad, the level of arrogance...

Meanwhile; you're shilling your products here acting like an angel, but as soon as someone questions the viability of your offers, they "surely speak a lot", and should worry about themselves.

Thanked by 2lukewoj gbzret4d
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

@cangkirhost said:
    Ticket not replay was 2 hours, I'm starting to worry

You got some really nice "patience". I start to worry after 2 minutes without reply.

Thanked by 2MikePT kkrajk
  • @TWC said: So sad, the level of arrogance...

Meanwhile; you're shilling your products here acting like an angel, but as soon as someone questions the viability of your offers, they "surely speak a lot", and should worry about themselves.

Exactly that. Apparently legitimate opinions can only be provided from long term members.

He sure does seem to have a lot of licensing issues as well. Probably has to wait for the next sign up to pay for them.

@cangkirhost said: Ticket not replay was 2 hours, I'm starting to worry

You've mentioned the issue with Softaculous, that was sent to us yesterday. It doesn't affect any functionality for your website.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver

@lukewoj said:

@TWC said: So sad, the level of arrogance...

Exactly that. Apparently legitimate opinions can only be provided from long term members.

He sure does seem to have a lot of licensing issues as well. Probably has to wait for the next sign up to pay for them.

Sorry? A lot of licensing issues? Care to elaborate?

Don't you think you're creating rumors?

edited September 2022

@TWC said:

@MikePT said:

So sad, the level of arrogance...

If people want us to state how long these will last, even though our company is turning 7 years old in December... I really don't have a set date. Maybe when I retire? Is that what you want to hear?

Nobody is playing angel here, you're just trying to get a set date for a lifetime deal that, as explained, will last as long as the company lasts for. Now, I don't know how long it'll last for. It's just not possible to predict. Most people here understand the concept behind lifetimes, apparently, you don't. I get your skepticism but there's no point arguing here as this offer clearly doesn't suit your needs.

• @MikePT said: Sorry? A lot of licensing issues? Care to elaborate?

Don't you think you're creating rumors?

You've had licensing issues with LiteSpeed and Softaculous even though other providers don't seem to be? You just must be extremely unlucky to have licensing issues with both companies at the same time.

@MikePT said: If people want us to state how long these will last, even though our company is turning 7 years old in December... I really don't have a set date. Maybe when I retire? Is that what you want to hear?

Has your company been offering "lifetime" deals for 7 years? Also, how well has the company been going over those 7 years when you were looking on LET for a job just 3 years ago.

Also, what is the name of your company that's been going for 7 years? I understand this adventure has been going for a maximum of 3 years since the domain was only registered in 2019.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

@lukewoj said:

@TWC said: So sad, the level of arrogance...

I am worried too. I expressed my concerns a few times already. Like others said, lifetimes are a great way to attract fast income at the beginning; this is sometimes done with the purpose of having some invested cash from customers to be pumped into the growing business. However, this may pose problems later on, as these plans needs to be carried over the years, so if the business does not flourish, it will all fall like a sand-castle, becoming too heavy on support and bad reviews.

So far it's been more than 3 years, with Miguel offering lifetimes every now and then. In the beginnings these nice offers were a nice selling point, going away like hot bread and encouraging advertising. Now they are not out of stock even after 2 weeks. I believe this now underlines something about such business model, as many low-end customers don't get too greedy, but instead keep a watchful eye on it.

Meanwhile the price of electricity in EU goes up and up... to the moon 🚀 -- so do I smell🍿or this is just my own 🦬 that I smell? I guess only time will tell.

Sorry Miguel, I honestly appreciated your service, but too many lifetimes is not good for business; not when time is money. Speaking of time:

Thanked by 1lukewoj
  • @lukewoj said: So if someone signs up today and you shut up shop tomorrow, that's a lifetime of service?

One thing a buyer should consider before buying lifetime/one-time-buy service is the historical reputation and reliability of the seller. If you sign up with a newbie who just started business 6 months ago selling lifetime plans, then sure you can consider that the seller might shut up shop tomorrow. But if you are buying from someone reputable like @MikePT who is in this hosting industry for may be almost a decade then you can trust such lifetime service will at least run for five years minimum to may be ten, fifteen years if the seller is dedicated to his business and decides to run it for a long term if he is benefiting from it. No seller in the world is running a NGO here to provide services at loss. So until the seller is profiting from business his buyers should not be worried about lifetime plans. And this goes in all niche, not just hosting.

Also liftetime generally means either sellers/business lifetime or buyers lifetime. Which ever lasts longer.

Thanked by 4Ympker MikePT nick_ afn
  • @JasonM I definitely understand what you're saying. You'll more than likely get more time out of a "lifetime" deal from a provider that's been around for 3 years than a provider that's only just started out.

It doesn't really matter how long someone has been in the industry for though. Inflation
    and ongoing colocation and licensing costs don't care about experience. If anything, experience in the industry should let you know that this kind of practice is totally unsustainable. Well it is sustainable if it's a pyramid scheme though...

I also don't understand that you think he'll be running for at least 5, 10 or 15 more years when he has only been selling these deals for 3 years. What makes you believe that this type of deal is sustainable for at least 5 years?

• I had my lifetime reseller pack for 2 years now. I paid just 40 bucks. What it means 20 USD per year up to now. I am veeeeery happy and thankful to @MikePT .

Even if he will close the doors after 2 or 3 years, it's still worthy and a good bargain.

Go ahead, mate. And thank you for selling these "diamons".

Thanked by 4MikePT Ympker afn mrTom
  • @lukewoj said:
    @JasonM I definitely understand what you're saying. You'll more than likely get more time out of a "lifetime" deal from a provider that's been around for 3 years than a provider that's only just started out.

It doesn't really matter how long someone has been in the industry for though. Inflation
    and ongoing colocation and licensing costs don't care about experience. If anything, experience in the industry should let you know that this kind of practice is totally unsustainable. Well it is sustainable if it's a pyramid scheme though...

I also don't understand that you think he'll be running for at least 5, 10 or 15 more years when he has only been selling these deals for 3 years. What makes you believe that this type of deal is sustainable for at least 5 years?

have you bought some service from mike?

• @MikePT said:

You've mentioned the issue with Softaculous, that was sent to us yesterday. It doesn't affect any functionality for your website.

Yes sir, but my client cannot install WordPress with softacolouse

• @JasonM said:

@lukewoj said: So if someone signs up today and you shut up shop tomorrow, that's a lifetime of service?

One thing a buyer should consider before buying lifetime/one-time-buy service is the historical reputation and reliability of the seller. If you sign up with a newbie who just started business 6 months ago selling lifetime plans, then sure you can consider that the seller might shut up shop tomorrow. But if you are buying from someone reputable like @MikePT who is in this hosting industry for may be almost a decade then you can trust such lifetime service will at least run for five years minimum to may be ten, fifteen years if the seller is dedicated to his business and decides to run it for a long term if he is benefiting from it. No seller in the world is running a NGO here to provide services at loss. So until the seller is profiting from business his buyers should not be worried about lifetime plans. And this goes in all niche, not just hosting.

Also liftetime generally means either sellers/business lifetime or buyers lifetime. Which ever lasts longer.

Agree. Also, fwiw, Resellers like iBrave Hosting have been selling "lifetime" web hosting deals for years while just reselling https://www.20i.com/ . So, if @MikePT current infrastructure costs would increase tremendously, he could always just move accounts to a reseller. Ofc, that'll also likely mean a decrease in performance and I'm not saying he will do that any time soon. Just saying there are several options before closing shop. Reseller hosting might at some point become economically (not regarding performance) more attractive.

• @lukewoj said: What makes you believe that this type of deal is sustainable for at least 5 years?

Just like you believe this type deals are not sustainable for next day. I believe this deal can go for 5 years. The reason is: The server has ample CPU 24 cores, RAM 128GB, Disk, something 4TB, etc. And people buying shared hosting accounts generally do not go over 2GB space. If you read the Kinsta article how their managed WP customers usage over a year, they said that 99% sites don't even use the 100GB quota. Same with any other hosting company selling lifetimes. They can save like 500GB or 1TB for their resources for lifetimes and rest resources could be sold for normal retail price. Unless the seller sells ONLY lifetime (or offers like on stacksocial) then there is higher chance that the lifetime will last a minimum 5 years.

Thanked by 2MikePT mrTom

@JasonM said:

@lukewoj said: So if someone signs up today and you shut up shop tomorrow, that's a lifetime of service?

@lovelyserver said:
    I had my lifetime reseller pack for 2 years now. I paid just 40 bucks. What it means 20 USD per year up to now. I am veeeeery happy and thankful to @MikePT .

Even if he will close the doors after 2 or 3 years, it's still worthy and a good bargain.

Thank you for the kind words guys!

@cangkirhost said:

@MikePT said:

Waiting for their billing team.

Thanked by 2lovelyserver JasonM
  • @MikePT said:

@JasonM said:

@lovelyserver said:
    I had my lifetime reseller pack for 2 years now. I paid just 40 bucks. What it means 20 USD per year up to now. I am veeeeery happy and thankful to @MikePT .

Thank you for the kind words guys!

@cangkirhost said:

@MikePT said:

Waiting for their billing team.

Thanks sir

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • XiaoYungXiaoYung Member
    edited September 2022

Hello @MikePT Can you check my ticket? #314455

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @MikePT said:

@lifeform said: how about the news for softaculous license? any further information about this

sorry to asked again. when it will resolved? :(

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @lifeform said:

@MikePT said:

Once Softaculous support fixes the billing issue, I assume. Since Mike already contacted them, there's not much more he can do to speed up the process.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Ympker said:

@lifeform said:

@MikePT said:

Once Softaculous support fixes the billing issue, I assume. Since Mike already contacted them, there's not much more he can do to speed up the process.

it is already fixed. thanks for reply.

Thanked by 2Ympker nyamenk

@XiaoYung said:
    Hello @MikePT Can you check my ticket? #314455

Should be sorted mate.

@lifeform said:

@MikePT said:

Fixed!

Thanked by 1XiaoYung

@Ympker said:

@lifeform said:

@MikePT said:

Thank you for your assistance mate!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

The Singapore Direct Admin page login page shows

OOPS!
    Privileges needed to load the skin have not been granted for this account or unexpected issue has happened. Please contact your administrator.

=(

Thanked by 1Ympker