Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ Idle VPS for Android custom ROM building
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Idle VPS for Android custom ROM building

leiniercsleiniercs Member
edited September 2022 in Requests

Hello. I recently started to build Android custom ROMs. After a lot of search, there is only one way to be able to build it, but, it is slow and have a very high wait time. This is kind of my last attempt (I'm broke ๐Ÿ˜…...) to find a suitable server for accomplish this task, for me and to contribute to the community. So, here is my question to LowEndTalk folks: Does somebody have an idle VPS that could, generously, borrow to me in order to be able build Android custom ROM?

ยซ1

Comments

• Compiling custom roms is very CPU intensive and a cheap vps provider will not appreciate the high CPU load. Your better getting a cheap x64 computer and running out in your house headless.

• @jugganuts said:
    Compiling custom roms is very CPU intensive and a cheap vps provider will not appreciate the high CPU load. Your better getting a cheap x64 computer and running out in your house headless.

Yeah, building Android requires a quite high amount of resources. About the building at home... Your suggestion will be my first choice after I stop being broke

• To get started look at used Dell workstation units you can find very good deals on businesses selling off when they up cycle. Like i5 3rd gen and etc for ~$50

Thanked by 2leiniercs yoursunny
  • If you can compile your ROMs using a toolchain for ARM64, Oracle Cloud's free tier gives you 4 ARM cores, 24GB of RAM and 200GB of storage. Performance is similar to an i5 4690.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @leiniercs said: after I stop being broke

you can't be so poor that you can't find a dollar a month, even starving children in Africa can earn that much

• leiniercsleiniercs Member
    edited September 2022

@CyberneticTitan said:
    If you can compile your ROMs using a toolchain for ARM64, Oracle Cloud's free tier gives you 4 ARM cores, 24GB of RAM and 200GB of storage. Performance is similar to an i5 4690.

I'm aware of free tier of Oracle, Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services, but, sadly, I can't use those options. Thank you anyway

edited September 2022

@SpeedTest said:

@leiniercs said: after I stop being broke

you can't be so poor that you can't find a dollar a month, even starving children in Africa can earn that much

I suggest to you to come to live to Cuba... Anyway, thank you for your observations

Do you think if I could pay for my things I would be posting this?

Maybe I'm trying to do a thing that is not intended for me at this moments. I had to try it, at least

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited September 2022

@SpeedTest said:
    even starving children in Africa can earn that much

But buying a VPS won't stop them from starving then.

• @leiniercs said: I suggest to you to come to live to Cuba

Do you want to make me cry because the people stopped fighting and fell under the communists? The choice to fight is always there, even if you are weaker and fucked up all the way. You are not a poor starving child of Africa, go and sell those bananas/tobacco for that hosting dollar

• @SpeedTest said:

@leiniercs said: I suggest to you to come to live to Cuba

Do you want to make me cry because the people stopped fighting and fell under the communists? The choice to fight is always there, even if you are weaker and fucked up all the way. You are not a poor starving child of Africa, go and sell those bananas/tobacco for that hosting dollar

Okay, I have a bunch of fresh bananas. $1 per banana ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanked by 2yoursunny dystopia
  • @farsighter said:

@SpeedTest said:
    even starving children in Africa can earn that much

But buying a VPS won't stop them from starving then.

hungry people don't need hosting unless they can earn from it and buy more food for themselves, but even such poor people can afford 1 darar per month even if they abstain from food for one day

• @leiniercs said: $1 per banana

it's funny to you, but you can make a contribution to the community and the community itself will give it back

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@leiniercs said:

@SpeedTest said:

Your banana costs too much.
    My current supplier offers $0.29 per banana.

Do you have mangoes?
    I pay $2 per mango when you deliver to my doorstep.

• @SpeedTest said:

@leiniercs said: $1 per banana

it's funny to you, but you can make a contribution to the community and the community itself will give it back

I give a joke tone to the answer because you are unaware of how things are and what are the reasons that move me to post a request like this. Even I'm not starving, I'm unable to use a lot of services on Intenet, even if they are free

• @yoursunny said:

@leiniercs said:

@SpeedTest said:

Your banana costs too much.
    My current supplier offers $0.29 per banana.

Do you have mangoes?
    I pay $2 per mango when you deliver to my doorstep.

๐Ÿ˜‚. The mangoes season passed.

• @SpeedTest said:
    even such poor people can afford 1 darar per month even if they abstain from food for one day

I'm guessing you're a chubby snowflake who's never known starvation before.

• @farsighter said: I'm guessing you're a chubby snowflake who's never known starvation before.

I fast more than 3 months a year, eat apples and kefir, don't tell me about fasting

edited September 2022

@SpeedTest said:

@farsighter said: I'm guessing you're a chubby snowflake who's never known starvation before.

I fast more than 3 months a year, eat apples and kefir, don't tell me about fasting

We are not here to fight but to try to get a solution. What do you think I should do? A ) Continue this conversation with the hope that someone with resources can help. B ) Stop this thread right now. C ) Go to sell tacos, bananas and mangoes.

• I don't like beggars, they are lazy people who are not worth begging because you can even go to the garden to pick a kilogram or two of apples and buy hosting, but they are lazy, they want to beg. This is my position and there are other people who feed this laziness

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • @SpeedTest said:
    I don't like beggars, they are lazy people who are not worth begging because you can even go to the garden to pick a kilogram or two of apples and buy hosting, but they are lazy, they want to beg. This is my position and there are other people who feed this laziness

You live in a bubble. The world is not like you see it in your mind. Thank you for your observations, anyway

• @leiniercs said: You live in a bubble. The world is not like you see it in your mind. Thank you for your observations, anyway

and what world? you are in Cuba, I'm in Ukraine, someone reads us in the USA, what kind of world do we have? yours, mine, or his?

• This is the specs you're looking for. And it must be a VDS because compiling custom roms is very CPU intensive. Who do you think would be idling this beast?

Thanked by 2leiniercs ralf
  • @jcolideles said:
    This is the specs you're looking for. And it must be a VDS because compiling custom roms is very CPU intensive. Who do you think would be idling this beast?

That is a real reason of because I can't afford it. Thank your for your observation. And that russian communist, SpeedTest, talking nonsense about selling bananas...

• Why the OP remind to certain someone here :D

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @leiniercs said:

@jcolideles said:
    This is the specs you're looking for. And it must be a VDS because compiling custom roms is very CPU intensive. Who do you think would be idling this beast?

That is a real reason of because I can't afford it. Thank your for your observation. And that russian communist, SpeedTest, talking nonsense about selling bananas...

You're looking for donation then. Not an idling vps. Most of us are idling lowend VM's only.

Thanked by 1leiniercs
  • @jcolideles said:

@leiniercs said:

@jcolideles said:

You're looking for donation then. Not an idling vps. Most of us are idling lowend VM's only.

This is my first time using this service

• @leiniercs said: This is my first time using this service

I can give you one of my Oracle servers in Brazil, for free, but if it doesn't require me to abuse procedures

• @SpeedTest said:

@leiniercs said: This is my first time using this service

I can give you one of my Oracle servers in Brazil, for free, but if it doesn't require me to abuse procedures

I don't accept anything from you. Thank you, anyway

• @leiniercs said: I don't accept anything from you. Thank you, anyway

you have to get rid of this communist bullshit

• SpeedTestSpeedTest Member
    edited September 2022

@leiniercs said: I don't accept anything from you. Thank you, anyway

you are a proud bitch, ask your Russian friends for help then

This discussion has been closed.