Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Horrible support from Virmach (maybe I was scammed?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Horrible support from Virmach (maybe I was scammed?)

I ordered a storage server from Virmach on 06/11. It didn't pass whatever anti-abuse they have and I received a ticket asking for ID document immediately. I admit I was using a public VPN to hide my IP address. Obviously I didn't give them my ID, but instead I replied in that ticket I'd like to pay with Bitcoin (which is stated in that ticket as an alternative payment option).

Then in the following month there was zero reply, even after I asked for update multiple times in that same ticket.

On 07/16 I finally had enough and I was obviously trolled by them. So I had no choice but to open a dispute request via my bank. My bank understood my situation and forwarded my dispute request to the seller (Virmach).

On 09/07 the result form the dispute request said that the seller (Virmach) provided documentation to refuse the chargeback.

On the other side even until today I had received ZERO REPLY on any ticket I created except for all kinds of automatic responses.

In conclusion, Virmach has plenty of resources to prepare whatever document to refuse the dispute. But they has ABSOLUTELY ZERO resource to reply to my request as simple as paying with Bitcoin. I heard about many bad things about various hosting providers but I never expected that I would be terribly scammed by Virmach.

Now all I want is my money back. Is there any option remaining? I can no longer open another dispute on that transaction. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

«1

Comments

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider

    Is there any option remaining?

    Learn how to fucking drive?

    Thanked by 2luckypenguin netomx
  • angstromangstrom Member, Moderator

    @nms_wsm said: but instead I replied in that ticket I'd like to pay with Bitcoin (which is stated in that ticket as an alternative payment option).

    Okay, so you didn't pay by credit card, right?

    @nms_wsm said: So I had no choice but to open a dispute request via my bank. My bank understood my situation and forwarded my dispute request to the seller (Virmach).

    So you paid by credit card after all?

    @nms_wsm said: Now all I want is my money back.

    But you didn't pay by credit card, right? (See above)

    @nms_wsm said: Is there any option remaining?

    Option remaining for what? (You paid by credit card and received a service but want a refund?)

    Thanked by 1luckypenguin
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 10

    What is this dispute you talking about?
    Chargeback via Mastercard/Visa - if that was denied they VirMach must provided some nice documentation - like service is actually deployed?

    Have you tried... opening one ticket in the billing department, describing everything and just waiting? You know, without constant bumping that puts your ticket at the end of queue?

  • luckypenguinluckypenguin Member
    edited September 10

    Maybe your admin skills suck? Just an opinion.
    P.S. don't know about chargeback, but if you abused a cheap node, and they
    flagged you specifically, there must be a solid reason to drop you.
    I'm the last person to be on their side, but looks like you did something questionable.

  • jiggawattzjiggawattz Member
    edited September 10

    @angstrom said:

    Option remaining for what? (You paid by credit card and received a service but want a refund?)

    No, it reads like they accepted payment and did manual review/suspended VPS.

    Instead of cancel/refund, they just didn’t do anything and he is stuck paying for a suspended service.

    Of course, this is only one side of the story but …

  • Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

  • @nms_wsm said: I heard about many bad things ... but I never expected

    you paid for a lesson

  • jarjar Member, Patron Provider

    @alilet said:
    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    Happens to the best of us sometimes. Forget you have it on when dicking around, all that jazz.

  • zedzed Member

    @jar said:

    @alilet said:
    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    Happens to the best of us sometimes. Forget you have it on when dicking around, all that jazz.

    yea i did this with ramnode just last week even, i noticed the vpn ip down at the bottom of the order page before i hit submit though W H E W

    Thanked by 2jar nessa
  • Reading this on my phone so maybe I missed it but is it possible he or ordered one of the ones that isn't deployed yet? So her paid for something he will get?

  • @nms_wsm said:
    I admit I was using a public VPN to hide my IP address.

    lmao ok

  • Scam? lmao ok

  • Did you submit a ticket asking to check the original ticket?

  • @nms_wsm Was the storage server ever delivered?

  • titustitus Member
    edited September 11

    Generally, most of hosting provider not allow/accept the order, sign up, payment process with a VPN. (for security, anti fraud reasons). crypto payment method also an "anonym" solution, so they wanted to verify/check Your identity. You not provided an ID copy (refused it). So probably they refused to provide the services to You.

    Sadly Virmach's ticket support is very slow, bad these days (You can see it on other discussions on LET also). :/

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep

    @angstrom said:

    @nms_wsm said: but instead I replied in that ticket I'd like to pay with Bitcoin (which is stated in that ticket as an alternative payment option).

    Okay, so you didn't pay by credit card, right?

    @nms_wsm said: So I had no choice but to open a dispute request via my bank. My bank understood my situation and forwarded my dispute request to the seller (Virmach).

    So you paid by credit card after all?

    @nms_wsm said: Now all I want is my money back.

    But you didn't pay by credit card, right? (See above)

    @nms_wsm said: Is there any option remaining?

    Option remaining for what? (You paid by credit card and received a service but want a refund?)

    It sounds that OP never had a service just paid for service and it’s stuck in what ever support abuse.

  • Virmach support fled out of this universe. Good luck waiting.

  • Thank you for all your kind replies. To answer all your questions:

    So you paid by credit card after all?

    Yes. I paid with my own credit card.

    Have you tried... opening one ticket in the billing department, describing everything and just waiting? You know, without constant bumping that puts your ticket at the end of queue?

    Yes I replied many times in the automatically created ticket for an update but had no luck. I also tried to open a new ticket but later they merged all the tickets without giving any update.

    What is this dispute you talking about?

    It was chargeback request via Visa/Mastercard. My bank approved the request. I don't know what document Virmach provided but the server is still at "pending" stage.

    you paid for a lesson

    Thanks. It's indeed a lesson.

    Reading this on my phone so maybe I missed it but is it possible he or ordered one of the ones that isn't deployed yet? So her paid for something he will get?

    I have zero idea if it will be ever deployed. It's still stuck at pending. I feel it will be like this forever. I definitely paid money for nothing.

    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    I was just used to having a VPN on for everything (including watching YouTube videos, chatting with my friends, etc.) I never expected I would encounter any problem like this. As for Bitcoin, it's clearly stated in Virmach's automatic ticket that they can accept Bitcoin as an alternate payment option.

    Was the storage server ever delivered?

    No. It has been pending since I paid at the beginning.

    Did you submit a ticket asking to check the original ticket?

    Yes. I submitted a new ticket later mentioning the automatically created ticket. But they merged all of the ticket into a single one without giving any meaningful update.

    So probably they refused to provide the services to You.

    But why don't they refuse my money?

    crypto payment method also an "anonym" solution, so they wanted to verify/check Your identity.

    They clearly mentioned in the ticket they can accept Bitcoin payment. I didn't come up with this by myself.

    Virmach support fled out of this universe. Good luck waiting.

    Yes I saw many similar complaints on LET before. TBH I don't think I can ever get my money back.

  • Lol what you mean by you were trolled by them? How?

  • jmaxwelljmaxwell Member
    edited September 11

    @nms_wsm said:

    Was the storage server ever delivered?

    No. It has been pending since I paid at the beginning.

    Unless they had some “no refund under any circumstances” condition in the offer ToS, I don’t understand why they would refuse refund.

    Btw create the same thread in OGF because virmache left this forum.

  • They don't have time to handle tickets, login here on LET or even pick up the phone, but somehow they are able to post every day on OGF...

    Thanked by 1JasonM
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

    OGF is ?

  • hnzlethnzlet Member
    edited September 11

    My understanding is that OGF = "Other Green Forum". To go there, replace the "talk" in lowendtalk.com with "spirit"

    Thanked by 2chria838373 MannDude
  • @hostdare said:

    OGF is ?

    Sexy

    Thanked by 2yoursunny SashkaPro
  • emgemg Member

    There have been several recent threads about VPS problems with Virmach for the last few months. Ordinary paying customers suddenly had their VPSs go down or moved without notice, and some have had ongoing problems for weeks. People have been asking about their Virmach support tickets. Some have languished for weeks with no response.

    You are not alone regarding problems with Virmach. Search LowEndTalk and other forums for recent discussions about Virmach.

    Obviously Virmach has serious issues. If I were Virmach, I would try to fix the paid, known customer issues first before dealing with your new account and its issues. In other words, if you consider all the ongoing problems and issues with Virmach, you may not be first on their priority list.

  • @nms_wsm

    I can tell you right now there's 100% chance you'll never get the server. Once you filed a chargeback, you forever became a Virmach non-customer. You'll likely be added to FraudRecord and have problems with other providers.

    Chargebacks are scorched Earth, last ditch attempt at getting your money back. It's well known once you open a chargeback dispute, you're no longer a customer.

  • @jmaxwell said:

    @nms_wsm said:

    Was the storage server ever delivered?

    No. It has been pending since I paid at the beginning.

    Unless they had some “no refund under any circumstances” condition in the offer ToS, I don’t understand why they would refuse refund.

    C'mon, you're not new here. The lack of details like what storage plan, location, price, etc.

    When tickets aren't included, you know he's hiding shit.

    Thanked by 2Liso skorous
  • MannDudeMannDude Member, Host Rep

    @alilet said:
    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    Because privacy is important?

    You guys really upload your documents for a few dollar purchase to random providers staffed by God knows who?

    There really isn't any reason to require all that. We only require an email, never ask for a name or phone number and people are free to order from a VPN or Tor. Hardly been an issue if you just monitor for abuse and respond to legit complaints.

    Thanked by 4dystopia TODO SLMob Devil
  • @MannDude said:

    @alilet said:
    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    Because privacy is important?

    You guys really upload your documents for a few dollar purchase to random providers staffed by God knows who?

    There really isn't any reason to require all that. We only require an email, never ask for a name or phone number and people are free to order from a VPN or Tor. Hardly been an issue if you just monitor for abuse and respond to legit complaints.

    Everyone has a choice. Provider has choice to ask for documents. Customer has choice to choose a provider that doesn't ask for it.

  • MannDudeMannDude Member, Host Rep

    @alilet said:

    @MannDude said:

    @alilet said:
    Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin. That's red flag right there.

    Because privacy is important?

    You guys really upload your documents for a few dollar purchase to random providers staffed by God knows who?

    There really isn't any reason to require all that. We only require an email, never ask for a name or phone number and people are free to order from a VPN or Tor. Hardly been an issue if you just monitor for abuse and respond to legit complaints.

    Everyone has a choice. Provider has choice to ask for documents. Customer has choice to choose a provider that doesn't ask for it.

    For sure. I was just answering the question, "Why the fuck would you use a VPN to sign up and when asked for additional document, you told them you want to pay via bitcoin"

Sign In or Register to comment.