Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

★ TERRAHOST SWEET SIXTEEN PARTY! ★ Celebrating 16 Years ★ INSANE Ryzen DEDI and KVM VPS Deals! ★ - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

★ TERRAHOST SWEET SIXTEEN PARTY! ★ Celebrating 16 Years ★ INSANE Ryzen DEDI and KVM VPS Deals! ★

Comments

• Thanked by 1shelfchair
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

Just so we're all clear :)

Hint:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • I gave up I couldn't find the ID :(

• #HYLOOKINGLASS-9049B5D5

another attempt

Its supposed to be difficult :) A few of you have already figured out the next step from the image we posted.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2022

Yep, it supposed to be difficult since the award is a dedicated server :smile:

I'm not sure if I went to the 'rabbit hole', I've been stuck at somewhere for a day.

Status: Can't get the correct 'key' to extract 'flag' from something :/

I'll try to dig harder after a break.

• I've wasted so much time trying to figure this out :#

Just so you all know what the prize is:
    AMD Ryzen 3600 - 32GB RAM - 1TB NVMe - 100TB @ 10G Port - Free for 6 months!
    Value: $585

• LASTGIVEAWAY-F9961844
    SWEETSIXTEEN-6D989E61
    LASTGIVEAWAY-|2nyp8f4Cc69ASxHwDbUuPBW3V
    LASTGIVEAWAY-2nyp8f4Cc69ASxHwDbUuPBW3V
    LASTGIVEAWAY-|2nyp8f4Cc69ASxHwDbUuPBW3V-F9961844
    LASTGIVEAWAY-2nyp8f4Cc69ASxHwDbUuPBW3V-6D989E61

• We tried it last night but couldn't figure it out. Good luck to the lucky winners!

• i didn't find or do anything... when its a party all i do is

Our last post have a hint. Good luck.

• #RYZEN-WINNER-8B48CB36

• Thanked by 1ehab
  • RYZEN-WINNER-C132260C

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

Haha I figured out nothing even with the hints. All I know I won a headache! I’m to old to try to understand! let me know when you have a seniors contest!

Thanked by 1Azenot
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    Haha I figured out nothing even with the hints. All I know I won a headache! I’m to old to try to understand! let me know when you have a seniors contest!

Welcome to the club. I even looked behind the box. :blush:

• @BBTN said: Welcome to the club. I even looked behind the box. :blush:

It is really easy to find the link after the third hint) Just need a little bit of magic.

• So hard. It is not a giveaway. Like who wanna to b a millionaire. Last question.

• @lq9x said: So hard. It is not a giveaway. Like who wanna to b a millionaire. Last question.

True, but the prize matches the difficulty.

• #RYZEN-WINNER-9E154F37

i think i am late but thank you for the opportunity :)

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2022

It seems the game is over.

• @World said: It seems the game is over.

Maybe not, because I could be disqualified)

• I thought $66 - 60% for their Ryzen 3600 was a nice deal, then i realized that $66/month was the price after discount.

• RYZEN-WINNER-D7E6A421

Finally got it :smile:

• @Azenot said:

@World said: It seems the game is over.

Maybe not, because I could be disqualified)

Nah, I think you captured the correct flag.

• If the giveaway is over, please let us know how to solve this egg hunt.

• Trying to upload the writeups, but it seems CF doesn't want me to share it.

Checking if the site connection is secure
    lowendtalk.com needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.

Thanked by 1terrahost
  • WorldWorld Veteran
    edited September 2022

Terrahost Easter Eggs @ SIXTEEN PARTY Writeup

Round 1:

Your tag can be found on a link in the header of our Norwegian webpage.

There are two hints - HTTP header and the 'Norwegian webpage' -> terrahost.no
    We can find it easily.

Round 2:

Your tag can be found at a link in an image on our Norwegian webpage.

The flag is in a logo file called 'terrahost_2020_white.png', we can read its EXIF information to get it.
    exiftool terrahost_2020_white.png

Round 3:

Well, this round is a bit of tricky :p

The image given is just for hint, no Steganography on it. From that image, I noticed a LG logo, well, that's the hint. LG -> Looking Glass -> lg.terrahost.com

From the LG's source code, I noticed two image files - logo.png and logo2.jpg, there might be some useful information inside them (actually no) , let's get started to dig.
    Its EXIF information was laughing at me: Comment: You think it was going to be that easy?
    Then checked with binwalk, hexedit and zsteg, got some information but actually useless, the same as logo2.jpg, but I got the 'magic words'. Would you like to play it again here @terrahost ? xxx repeated for XXX times :wink:

It seems the flag is not on images, so I set my sights on the Speedtest.

Firstly was the iPerf3 test, unfortunately after analyzed packets using wireshark, nothing special, no hidden information inside.

Then, let's check the test files. I noticed 10G.bin is suspicious, because its bytes amount is unusual.
    Length: 10737418328 (10G) [application/octet-stream]
    Compared with their AMS 10G.bin file's bytes amount, I think there are something inside, maybe that's it. On the first day, I was thinking 'Oh my god, would they hide the flag on a such large file really ?' Yesterday, I saw a comment bold '10G',

AMD Ryzen 3600 - 32GB RAM - 1TB NVMe - 100TB @ 10G Port - Free for 6 months!

well, that's the hint, and I knew my thought was right. Downloaded and tried to capture the flag. After some time trying, I didn't find it. Then I found a community member got it, so I PM him/her to ask how did he/she find it on 10G.bin (Thanks to @Azenot ), I got the response with 'use Notepad++ to open the bin file'.
    Oh my gosh! I've tried to use hexedit or hexdump|grep to search hex keyword 'lowendtalk' but nothing found, I forgot the easiest way - to open it as a text file.

Okay, cat 10G.bin | grep -a 'lowendtalk' , then got it finally.

I spent some time on this game, now I'm a little tired but happy, it's a lot of fun. The dedi server prize is not attract me actually, it would be idled until the last second if I got it.

Thanks @terrahost and @FAT32 for organising this game! :smiley:

• @World said: I spent some time on this game, now I'm a little tired but happy, it's a lot of fun. The dedi server prize is not attract me actually, it would be idled until the last second if I got it.

Thank you so much for that!