Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want Some BilohBucks? Want to Get Paid to Review Hosts or Try New Hosts? READ ON! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want Some BilohBucks? Want to Get Paid to Review Hosts or Try New Hosts? READ ON!

2»

Comments

• @HackedServer said: I'd love to see some more involved metrics gathered for a host, especially network uptime. I may try and code up a project that could help with that.

Been traveling and busy, but I made something to fit this idea.
    Its very much WIP and not production ready, but it works and gets the idea across.

Homepage: https://monitormonth.xyz/
    Demo Server Dashboard: https://monitormonth.xyz/dashboard/HuNFZ61-8wx_Cs3tIvuMrg

You submit an endpoint to be monitored, including meta info and networking info. You get a unique dashboard link and the endpoint is monitored for 1 month. Monitoring consists of a check using GlobalPing every 10 minutes using 3 servers, as long as one returned successful the endpoint is marked as up. (GlobalPing doesn't currently support IPv6 unfortunately, so that doesn't work.) The dashboard displays the daily average successful responses for each monitoring type.

Once the month is up the monitoring stops but the dashboard page persists.

Any thoughts? Would this be useful?

• I take it silence means the site doesn't seem useful

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The first payments have been made to a couple different users! Let's keep it going!!

• This is just me, but I think LET needs more billionaire reviewers, relatively speaking. In other words, you want someone to do the job for whom it would be a labor of love. I am regularly offered quite a lot of money, more than $20, for my time to provide my opinion in my area of expertise. I can't be bothered. But, this looks like fun as I enjoy everything about hosting. It is same reason I think Musk will do well with Twitter, and why Trump was an incorruptible president.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • Only for VPS? No shared hosting?

• @MTUser2012 said:
    This is just me, but I think LET needs more billionaire reviewers, relatively speaking.

Billionaires will review for 20 bucks? :p

• @kidrock said:

@MTUser2012 said:
    This is just me, but I think LET needs more billionaire reviewers, relatively speaking.

Yes, because they know and appreciate the value of money.

Thanked by 1kidrock
  • @Janevski said:

@kidrock said:

@MTUser2012 said:

Yes, because they know and appreciate the value of money.

Yes, true and I want to appreciate the value too :)