Want Some BilohBucks? Want to Get Paid to Review Hosts or Try New Hosts? READ ON!
The LowEndNetwork is excited to announce two new programs here on LowEndTalk that will put crisp, freshly-minted BilohBucks into YOUR pocket!
Today we're opening up
- LowEndReviews: where you can get paid to review our Patron Providers and advertisers!
- LowEndPioneers: where you can get paid to try out new hosts!
We're looking to publish more reviews of the awesome Patron Providers and hosts who advertise with us, and also build an index of reviews. We're not interested in being the next TrustPilot because reviews by random people are not remotely as valuable as opinions of like-minded community members. This is also another benefit for our providers and additional exposure for them.
To that end, we're launching LowEndReviews:
Here's how it works:
- LET members are eligible to write reviews of our Patron Providers and advertisers.
- If you are interested, open a ticket on LET Support in the LowEndReviews section.
- You'll get a response either accepting or declining
- If you're approved, you'll complete our review form. Once completed, you need to also submit proof of use - i.e., a paid invoice for the time period involved.
- Once review and proof are in, your review is approved and you get paid $20!
- Patron Providers / advertisers on LET/LEB are the only hosts eligible to be reviewed in this program
- Reviews must be honest. We are not expecting you to write promotional or PR pieces but rather your experiences with the host.
- Preference will be given to older members. We're not going to set hard and fast X age of account, X posts, etc. But we've already thought of the plan where you open 200 accounts to write reviews and then retire to Paraguay, so don't do that.
- We want to spread reviews around the provider base, so initially we're looking for a few of many rather than a ton of one.
- Payment will be via PayPal only.
When LEB started (way back in 2008!) it was the personal blog of LowEndAdmin. He would go out and try obscure hosts and report the results, and the blog was kind of a mad scientists' journal. The community has evolved but as @Mumbly pointed out not long ago, this was a fun angle of LEB that's missing today. We'd like to bring it back.
- LowEndNetwork will sponsor people to go out and explore VPS providers who our community is not familiar with. If there is a regional player you've been interested to try or you saw a great deal and you are dying to try it, this is your chance to play on our dime.
- All pioneering must be approved in advance. If you are interested, open a ticket on LET Support in the LowEndPioneers section.
- After approval, you can try the host for 2 months. Then submit a review (same form) with proof.
- Once approved, you're paid for 2 months hosting ($7 max) + $20! (Max $34).
Similar small print:
- Preference given to established LET members
- To be clear, the commercial relationship between you and the provider is 100% your responsibility. We operate on a reimbursement basis only.
- Payment via PayPal only
Questions? Suggestions? Tomatos? Let's get into it!