Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unity returns to Ubuntu - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unity returns to Ubuntu

2»

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@serv_ee said: Yeah you can add it if you want. But it's not there nor is it forced upon you

Yeah, I agree, for noobs looking for convenience however, this can be a slippery slope.

• @Arkas said:

@serv_ee said: Yeah you can add it if you want. But it's not there nor is it forced upon you

Yeah, I agree, for noobs looking for convenience however, this can be a slippery slope.

Yeah I mean snap is a good way to go to get people onto Linux but that shouldn't mean you need to force that crap. Imho

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2022

Although I can certainly understand the dislike of snap, I think that my position is that if this is the price to pay for a well-supported Ubuntu desktop distribution, then I'm willing to "pay this price" and to go with the flow. (In life, one can't fight everything)

In practice, the use of snap is more of an issue on older/slower computers, but I would be inclined to use Debian or Devuan on an older/slower computer. Independently of snap, Ubuntu isn't really the best choice for an older/slower computer anyway