Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shillosophy - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shillosophy

2»

Comments

• @ralf said:
    New alt came along shilled stuff. Denied he was a shill. Accidentally posted using the company account in a different thread. Tried to laugh it off, explaining that the alt was legitimate. When paying $100 to advertise for an alleged $40m valuation company wasn't a big deal, claimed they'd already applied for a provider tag. This was shown to be a lie. Got banned.

ralf pretty much hit the nail on the head.

To give you links because lol...

Linking Jovie account to Internxt account: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3472678/#Comment_3472678

This entire thread is the shilling.

I vaguely remember (never really paid too much attention) he's been around trying to get his offers in front of people but noone really cared.

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • VoidVoid Member

@vyas11 said:

@jmaxwell said:

@TimRoo said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@FAT32 said:
    That's it. I will remove all Internxt post from LET, I have enough of your shill.

Or leave them, but with all direct links removed, so anyone searching for the name might find these threads and the negative comments there-in.

Yeah, maybe move them to off-topic or wherever else makes them not searchable. There was plenty of good info in the Lifetime thread that many of us signed up for. Would be hard to argue against closing those threads too, but keep them up at least.

Hol up, what is that story? Tl;Dr please

OP self banned himself when he learnt that @dahartigan is a MJJ.

End of story

I meant the lifetime thread, what happened in that?

• TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited August 2022

@jmaxwell said:

@vyas11 said:

@jmaxwell said:

@TimRoo said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@FAT32 said:
    That's it. I will remove all Internxt post from LET, I have enough of your shill.

Or leave them, but with all direct links removed, so anyone searching for the name might find these threads and the negative comments there-in.

Yeah, maybe move them to off-topic or wherever else makes them not searchable. There was plenty of good info in the Lifetime thread that many of us signed up for. Would be hard to argue against closing those threads too, but keep them up at least.

Hol up, what is that story? Tl;Dr please

OP self banned himself when he learnt that @dahartigan is a MJJ.

End of story

I meant the lifetime thread, what happened in that?

The really juicy part of that lifetime thread is that Internxt offered a lifetime 1 TB deal for $69 and stirred up some excitement, leading to them saying they were going to get the provider tag after such a successful week. Guess they never did, or tried to do so once they were called out on it today I guess - not really following what happened after that nor do I really care. They were in the wrong.

But after that, for Internxt users, the thread had some info on file size limits, future features, etc. It was pretty useful as a reference.

Both of those things together actually would 1) help LET show that they were in the right banning them while 2) keeping that info for people who bought because of the thread.

Thanked by 1Void
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Also... we mods can see other stuff, and it was really easy to pinpoint it was mult accs...

and then, try to deny it?! gosh

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@netomx said:
    Really?

@MikePT come and see this

@AXYZE said:
    Impersonation as customer / buzz marketing. Seriously?

You even forgot to switch accounts
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181051/coding-tools-for-mac#latest

@MikePT this shit should be permaban, its literally worst kind of marketing.

Thank you for tagging me guys! I'm on vacations so I don't visit LET as much as I usually do. That being said, I definitely agree with this ban, I would have done exactly the same.

Fuck Internxt.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • Hey!
    It's Fran, CEO at Internxt
    Just saw the incident reported here, very sad, indeed. I wanted to personally apologize about what happened here. We have taken action and fired this new community manager responsible for this bs shill on LET. We built such good reputation on this forum and are even paying for a sponsored banner here. Sorry about that shilling from Jovie, please ban her account as well if not done so already. Her activity has indeed been very irresponsible. Would also be awesome if you could unban Internxt and its past legit posts from the forum - we'll ensure to be way more careful moving forward
    Thanks again

• @fvsegarra said:
    Hey!
    Just saw the incident reported here, very sad, indeed. I wanted to personally apologize about what happened here. We have taken action and fired this new community manager responsible for this bs shill on LET. We built such good reputation on this forum and are even paying for a sponsored banner here. Sorry about that shilling from Jovie, please ban her account as well if not done so already. Her activity has indeed been very irresponsible. Would also be awesome if you could unban Internxt and its past legit posts from the forum - we'll ensure to be way more careful moving forward
    Thanks again

lol.

I'm very skeptical of all of this. I don't buy it.

• No need to, just wanted to apologize for what happened, as it really is very bad. And as said, the new person who we had for community management has been fired too. Won't continue with the thread, it's just too pathetic tbh

• ralfralf Member

@fvsegarra said:
    No need to, just wanted to apologize for what happened, as it really is very bad. And as said, the new person who we had for community management has been fired too. Won't continue with the thread, it's just too pathetic tbh

Was this new community manager the one you hired from here?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3438966

• @ralf said:

@fvsegarra said:
    No need to, just wanted to apologize for what happened, as it really is very bad. And as said, the new person who we had for community management has been fired too. Won't continue with the thread, it's just too pathetic tbh

Was this new community manager the one you hired from here?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3438966

@Saahib

• @fvsegarra said:
    Hey!
    Would also be awesome if you could unban Internxt and its past legit posts from the forum - we'll ensure to be way more careful moving forward

How can internxt threads be legit when neither you nor your alt accounts/employees have a provider tag or host rep tags?

• I think there was someone else who looked like was shilling for internxt before this but I don't remember the name. Is same person?

• Nahhhhhh 💀

• But they paid...

• @ailice said:
    But they paid...

Yeah that's all interesting. They did pay something, but is it for advertising vs. LET membership in some way? To say they're complete freeloaders isn't correct, but they clearly didn't do things the right way. Some path to redemption should be figured out here, like keeping the banned guy banned and, I don't know, a week/month suspension of some sort, something like that.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@TimRoo said:

@ailice said:
    But they paid...

Yeah that's all interesting. They did pay something, but is it for advertising vs. LET membership in some way? To say they're complete freeloaders isn't correct, but they clearly didn't do things the right way. Some path to redemption should be figured out here, like keeping the banned guy banned and, I don't know, a week/month suspension of some sort, something like that.

ad money doesn't come under biloh bucks, biloh bucks are only for LET membership fees

Thanked by 2ralf TimRoo
  • TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited August 2022

@FatGrizzly said:

@TimRoo said:

@ailice said:
    But they paid...

ad money doesn't come under biloh bucks, biloh bucks are only for LET membership fees

Fair enough. Seems short sighted to throw away an advertiser though without tying to work something out.

• This is too funny.

Thanked by 1tjn
  • Should’ve left the original title so it could rank in Google. 🤣