Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cheapest cdn - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cheapest cdn

2»

Comments

• mwtmwt Member

@niranjan said:
    So everyone's apparently ignoring Cloudfront, even after AWS providing 1TB/Month for free...

Yes, I wonder about this too. I only learned earlier today that the 1TB is "free forever" (as opposed to one year).

• @mwt said:

Yes, I wonder about this too. I only learned earlier today that the 1TB is "free forever" (as opposed to one year).

I wonder if it's because Cloudfront is tied into other AWS services, so people don't really want to use the rest of the ecosystem?

• @josephb said:

@mwt said:

I wonder if it's because Cloudfront is tied into other AWS services, so people don't really want to use the rest of the ecosystem?

Not necessarily, you don't need to use other AWS components to utilize CloudFront. I know it's kind of complicated as compared to the competition, like you have to configure the behavior of different routes and origins and some more complicated stuff. But on the bright side its fast and the features provided pretty awesome.

• @mwt said:

@niranjan said:
    So everyone's apparently ignoring Cloudfront, even after AWS providing 1TB/Month for free...

Actually, it was not always 1TB, they recently made that always free. At first, it was 50GB/Month for a year, I guess.

• Is G-CoreLabs legit? Few months ago I tried buying something from them and my bank blocked the transaction and I trust my bank's judgement over mine :p

I did speak with my bank but they said they would not be able to make an exception for this site as there are security concerns. To give you an overview, this is the first and only time my bank has stepped in to block a transaction.

• @machinetto said:

Is G-CoreLabs legit? Few months ago I tried buying something from them and my bank blocked the transaction and I trust my bank's judgement over mine :p

I did speak with my bank but they said they would not be able to make an exception for this site as there are security concerns. To give you an overview, this is the first and only time my bank has stepped in to block a transaction.

Legit, but run by russians. If that was in recent months then you know why they blocked transaction

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@AXYZE said:

@machinetto said:

Is G-CoreLabs legit? Few months ago I tried buying something from them and my bank blocked the transaction and I trust my bank's judgement over mine :p

Legit, but run by russians. If that was in recent months then you know why they blocked transaction

do they use some sorta public payment gateway(stripe, paypal) or some russian gateway?

as major cloud providers do, do they ask for cc/dc info for free services as well?

• mwtmwt Member

@FatGrizzly said:

@AXYZE said:

@machinetto said:

do they use some sorta public payment gateway(stripe, paypal) or some russian gateway?

as major cloud providers do, do they ask for cc/dc info for free services as well?

They do not ask for anything but your email before providing the free services. Unbelievable, but true.

I would assume that they use normal payment processing. There's nothing on the site that indicates any connection with Russia. The company isn't incorporated in Russia, the website isn't available in Russian, etc.

As far as I can tell, these guys are from Russia but live elsewhere.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
    edited August 2022

@mwt said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@AXYZE said:

@machinetto said:

They do not ask for anything but your email before providing the free services. Unbelievable, but true.

I would assume that they use normal payment processing. There's nothing on the site that indicates any connection with Russia. The company isn't incorporated in Russia, the website isn't available in Russian, etc.

in a chat with one of their support staff, she's sending me some weird emojis in intercom lol.

Thanked by 1dosai
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@FatGrizzly said:

@mwt said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@AXYZE said:

@machinetto said:

in a chat with one of their support staff, she's sending me some weird emojis in intercom lol.

Haha, I do have mate and he obsessed with emojis 😂😂 so possibly that this operator is obsessed too?

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly

@WebProject said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@mwt said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@AXYZE said:

@machinetto said:

Haha, I do have mate and he obsessed with emojis 😂😂 so possibly that this operator is obsessed too?

Lol.

So well long story short, there's some weird error on their signup page(infinite terms and conditions loading) and she said it would take 12+ hours for their engineers to acknowledge and fix the issue.

• @FatGrizzly said:
    I'm from India too, and I hit SIN(SGP) and BOM for a few sites(free)
    Pretty confusing
    https://ibb.co/LQp4mjh

This is confusing. I'm from the Philippines. The free plan is being served from the nearest Pop (Manila) while the Pro, Business and Enterprise is being served from a more distant location (Singapore).

• @mwt said:
    There's nothing on the site that indicates any connection with Russia. The company isn't incorporated in Russia, the website isn't available in Russian, etc.

Russia as a state or Russia as a people (that can be sanctioned)?
    Pretty much all of their team is Russians, mainly from Perm.
    Founder/GM is from Perm too, graduated from Perm State University.

He was living in Belarus, got nice deal with Wargaming to make CDN and he created this company (G-Core = Gaming Core). After some time he bought SkyparkCDN (which was renamed to G-Core Labs Rus LLC) - 100% russian, registered in Russia, only Russian locations.

TThe company isn't incorporated in Russia

Just like 99% of Russian IT companies at this point. I don't know what youre trying to prove there.
    Kaspersky, big giant, tied with FSB and shit... holding company is registered in UK. Not Russia.
    Yandex, biggest player in Russia. Oh, holding company registered in Netherlands.

And these are big boys with huge affiliations with government. All smaller boys just make HQs outside of Russia if they have money.

the website isn't available in Russian

Because they deleted it lol xD
    https://soware.ru/products/g-core
    "Language Support
    Russian English"

Like I said this company is run by russians and if they are on some internal bank "sanction list" you will just not be able to pay. Just like it didnt allow to pay to person that I responded to.

I completly dont know what youre trying to prove when person already got problems with payment?

• mwtmwt Member

@AXYZE said:

@mwt said:
    There's nothing on the site that indicates any connection with Russia. The company isn't incorporated in Russia, the website isn't available in Russian, etc.

Russia as a state or Russia as a people (that can be sanctioned)?
    Pretty much all of their team is Russians, mainly from Perm.
    Founder/GM is from Perm too, graduated from Perm State University.

He was living in Belarus, got nice deal with Wargaming to make CDN and he created this company (G-Core = Gaming Core). After some time he bought SkyparkCDN (which was renamed to G-Core Labs Rus LLC) - 100% russian, registered in Russia, only Russian locations.

TThe company isn't incorporated in Russia

Just like 99% of Russian IT companies at this point. I don't know what youre trying to prove there.
    Kaspersky, big giant, tied with FSB and shit... holding company is registered in UK. Not Russia.
    Yandex, biggest player in Russia. Oh, holding company registered in Netherlands.

And these are big boys with huge affiliations with government. All smaller boys just make HQs outside of Russia if they have money.

the website isn't available in Russian

Because they deleted it lol xD
    https://soware.ru/products/g-core
    "Language Support
    Russian English"

Like I said this company is run by russians and if they are on some internal bank "sanction list" you will just not be able to pay. Just like it didnt allow to pay to person that I responded to.

I completly dont know what youre trying to prove when person already got problems with payment?

My point is that I would be surprised if they used some Russian payment processor. I didn't know this information, but I think it's more to the point.

Why delete the Russian page, market that you're in Luxembourg, etc and then use some obscure Russian payment processor to scare the customer off at the point of sale?

• phucvandinhphucvandinh Member
    edited August 2022

CloudFlare routing is not so good is Asia. CloudFlare has 2 Pops in Vietnam and only about 10% landline internet (mobile wont count and can't connect to those) are able to take the advantages of those (Business or Enterprise plan wont help). I did test gcorelabs (also claimed to have Vietnam POPs) but some how I always connect to HKG or SIN (maybe due to free 1TB tier). For cheap CDN, not free, BunnyCDN is always my choice.

• @phucvandinh said:
    CloudFlare routing is not so good is Asia. CloudFlare has 2 Pops in Vietnam and only about 10% landline internet (mobile wont count and can't connect to those) are able to take the advantages of those (Business or Enterprise plan wont help). I did test gcorelabs (also claimed to have Vietnam POPs) but some how I always connect to HKG or SIN (maybe due to free 1TB tier). For cheap CDN, not free, BunnyCDN is always my choice.

Curious when you visit my blog from Vietnam at https://blog.centminmod.com/ which Cloudflare datacenter are you hitting?

• phucvandinhphucvandinh Member
    edited August 2022

@eva2000 said:

@phucvandinh said:

Curious when you visit my blog from Vietnam at https://blog.centminmod.com/ which Cloudflare datacenter are you hitting?

HKG, the problem is agreement between ISPs. Sadly the only ISP can connect to Cloudflare data center in Vietnam only have 10% of market share of landline internet.
    https://community.cloudflare.com/t/cloudflare-at-vietnam/206723/3

• @phucvandinh said:

@eva2000 said:

@phucvandinh said:

HKG, the problem is agreement between ISPs agreement.
    https://community.cloudflare.com/t/cloudflare-at-vietnam/206723/3

Thanks for that info. Will update my guide at https://community.cloudflare.com/t/improving-time-to-first-byte-ttfb-with-cloudflare/390367/1 too :)

• :/ no problem, it's pretty funny that if I have a server in Vietnam, the connection will go around from Vietnam (guest) to SIN/HKG(Pops) to Vietnam(Server), the routing is not optimized. Vietnam international bandwidth is much more expensive. So it's also not very cost effective.

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited August 2022

@phucvandinh said: no problem, it's pretty funny that if I have a server in Vietnam, the connection will go around from Vietnam (guest) to SIN/HKG(Pops) to Vietnam(Server), the routing is not optimized. Vietnam international bandwidth is much more expensive. So it's also not very cost effective.

Clearly has to be ISP side impact. Probably the same as for Australia and Telstra ISP side for CF peering.

• Well, cloudflare is huge and offers free CDN. you should try them.

• kiosvkiosv Member
    edited August 2022

@vyas11 said:

Use case and target audience not defined by OP . Otherwise recommendations aplenty.

For eg

For WP sites there are plans that offer 5 TB/mo free cdn

Could you name these services ?