Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


cheapest cdn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

cheapest cdn

Hi All,
I'm looking for a CDN solution to optimize some of my websites, do you know a good solution at a fair price, some of the current solutions are quite expensive.

Waiting to see what you good folks are using.

Thanks.

«1

Comments

  • comXyzcomXyz Member

    Cloudflare free is good enough for most cases. Except if your users are from China

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • WebSSDWebSSD Member

    @comXyz said:
    Cloudflare free is good enough for most cases. Except if your users are from China

    thank you, I will have a look at cloudflare.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    .

    Use case and target audience not defined by OP . Otherwise recommendations aplenty.

    For eg

    For WP sites there are plans that offer 5 TB/mo free cdn

  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep
    edited August 12

    BunnyCDN is cheap (without monthly subscription just pay what you use and no BS like some other like to charge $150 per month for "SUPER DUPER PREMIUM" plan service + bandwidth cost) and very good quality.

    Thanked by 2vyas11 WebSSD
  • nick_nick_ Member

    I have been using Bunny CDN in production for two years. No issues so far.

    Thanked by 2WebSSD WebProject
  • @WebProject said:
    BunnyCDN is cheap (without monthly subscription just pay what you use and no BS like some other like to charge $150 per month for "SUPER DUPER PREMIUM" plan service + bandwidth cost) and very good quality.

    Hope they would stay that way.

    Thanked by 1WebProject
  • umzakumzak Member

    bunny dns with cdn proxy enabled, you can get full site acceleration, minimum payment $1/month. https://bunny.net/pricing/

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • Another vote for Bunny - good pricing and only ever had one outage in several years of using it on production for ecommercer sites. They are adding a lot of features too - their streaming solution looks interesting, and I will be trialling it soon.

  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited August 12

    You need to tell where are visitors from.

    For EU and NA Cloudflare Free is good enough, althrough routing can get a little bit messy (For example traffic Poland -> Poland always goes through Romania or Germany).

    Cloudflare Pro plan has a lot better routing in eastern EU, new datacenters (for example WAW) are unlocked.

    In Asia/Oceania CF Free is very bad, majority of traffic goes to the US and then back to Asia/Oceania. Pro improves a little bit, but for real good routing you should get Business tier.

    Business tier costs $200 per site.

    BunnyCDN has good routing from first GByte, so it is better option if site doesnt use much traffic, especially when your visitors are from Asia/Oceania.

    Here you can test to which Cloudflare datacenter your device connects and it already has list of Free, Pro, Business and Enterprise sites already so you can see how it improves with better plan
    https://cloudflare-test.judge.sh/

    Thanked by 2bruh21 BBTN
  • WebSSDWebSSD Member

    @vyas11 said:
    .

    Use case and target audience not defined by OP . Otherwise recommendations aplenty.

    For eg

    For WP sites there are plans that offer 5 TB/mo free cdn

    Which are those that offers 5TB a month?, the websites I have are between 1Tb and 5Tb traffic a month.

  • TejyTejy Member

    https://www.5centscdn.net/cdn-pricing/

    5centsCDN (+10PoP) is really cheap = 2,5$/month for 1TB, then 0.0025$/month.
    If you want Akamai (1150+ PoP) = 15$/month for 1TB, then 0.015$/month.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • Cloudflare gets my vote as it isn't just a CDN. I posted a TTFB guide for Cloudflare users on their official community forums at https://community.cloudflare.com/t/improving-time-to-first-byte-ttfb-with-cloudflare/390367/1 :)

  • lirrrlirrr Member

    Cloudflare is enough, time to abuse their CDN.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • sanvitsanvit Member

    Cloudfront (not Cloudflare) has 1TB free and is super fast as well

    Thanked by 2WebSSD xms
  • cadddrcadddr Member

    @AXYZE said: n Asia/Oceania CF Free is very bad,

    Which part of Asia? It might be true for Oceania(can't check), but in my tests traffic is usually routed to a PoP inside region. You can check the site PoP by setting the path to /cdn-cgi/trace.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • WebProjectWebProject Member, Host Rep

    The keycdn is cheap and decent:
    https://www.keycdn.com/pricing

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @cadddr said:

    @AXYZE said: n Asia/Oceania CF Free is very bad,

    Which part of Asia? It might be true for Oceania(can't check), but in my tests traffic is usually routed to a PoP inside region. You can check the site PoP by setting the path to /cdn-cgi/trace.

    Which country? For example in India you'll never get India servers, it always goes to SGP or LA which was confirmed by Cloudflare MVP. SGP isnt so bad, but LA? Very slow.

    North Asia usually goes to Seattle IIRC, but I maybe wrobg with that, didnt check data from North Asia for very long time

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • cadddrcadddr Member

    @AXYZE said: For example in India you'll never get India servers,

    In free tier CF worker is hitting BOM/DEL, consistently. If the isp is connected to the popular IXes, you should hit the indian pops.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited August 13

    @cadddr said:
    you should hit the indian pops.

    Why this hatred towards Indian pops?
    Are you an Indian child?

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • nvmenvme Member

    @AXYZE said:

    @cadddr said:

    @AXYZE said: n Asia/Oceania CF Free is very bad,

    Which part of Asia? It might be true for Oceania(can't check), but in my tests traffic is usually routed to a PoP inside region. You can check the site PoP by setting the path to /cdn-cgi/trace.

    Which country? For example in India you'll never get India servers, it always goes to SGP or LA which was confirmed by Cloudflare MVP. SGP isnt so bad, but LA? Very slow.

    North Asia usually goes to Seattle IIRC, but I maybe wrobg with that, didnt check data from North Asia for very long time

    This is from India - https://ibb.co/h2vKkWB

    Surprisingly, it is getting routed via BOM for free plan, which is few 100 kms away from me. And it is consistent, refreshed couple of times.

    For Pro, Business and enterprise it is not consistent. The enterprise plan routing seems pretty different. I even checked using cdn-cgi/trace and getting BOM consistently.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member

    @cadddr said:

    @AXYZE said: For example in India you'll never get India servers,

    In free tier CF worker is hitting BOM/DEL, consistently. If the isp is connected to the popular IXes, you should hit the indian pops.

    Hmmm, this was just from 2 weeks ago https://community.cloudflare.com/t/improving-time-to-first-byte-ttfb-with-cloudflare/390367
    "My experience with using Cloudflare for past 11yrs on CF Free, Pro, Business and Enterprise plans, is if you want Australian visitors routed to Cloudflare Australian datacenters, you’d need at least Cloudflare Business for higher probability of such. But for Indian visitors to be routed to Cloudflare India datacenters, you’d need Cloudflare Enterprise plan for higher probability."

    @eva2000 did something change at Cloudflare?

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • @WebSSD said:
    Hi All,
    I'm looking for a CDN solution to optimize some of my websites, do you know a good solution at a fair price, some of the current solutions are quite expensive.

    Waiting to see what you good folks are using.

    Thanks.

    Cloudfront

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • eva2000eva2000 Member
    edited August 13

    @AXYZE said: @eva2000 did something change at Cloudflare?

    What do you mean, it's always been this way just never openly mentioned and over the years the routing has gotten better to free/pro side as Cloudflare expands. If CF user hits their CF Indian datacenters more often, then it is an improvement on Cloudflare's side. But's all about higher probabilities and not guarantees.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member
    edited August 13

    I'm from India too, and I hit SIN(SGP) and BOM for a few sites(free)
    Pretty confusing
    https://ibb.co/LQp4mjh

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • JasonMJasonM Member

    Im using cloudflare business for one of my client.
    my own sites are on cloudflare pro and few blogs on free.
    business has the most premium network with lowest latency and nearest datacenter followed by pro plan and then the free tier. cloudflare free tier feels somewhat slow and TTFB is high.

    bunny is better option, but only if you have limited traffic. Once your traffics spikes then so is your bill.

    Thanked by 1WebSSD
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited August 13

    @eva2000 said:

    @AXYZE said: @eva2000 did something change at Cloudflare?

    What do you mean, it's always been this way just never openly mentioned and over the years the routing has gotten better to free/pro side as Cloudflare expands. If CF user hits their CF Indian datacenters more often, then it is an improvement on Cloudflare's side. But's all about higher probabilities and not guarantees.

    It was always random, but not that much, I got feedback from two friends too, it routes randomly no matter the plan o.O

    Im not saying that it isn't improvement, but wild routing in Asia was the case before and now its completly random, I see that better plans can have worse routing sometimes (?)

    @FatGrizzly said:
    I'm from India too, and I hit SIN(SGP) and BOM for a few sites(free)
    Pretty confusing
    https://ibb.co/LQp4mjh

    Interesting, seems like Cloudflare is tweaking routing in India if its so inconsistent between plans.
    In eastern Europe its consistent from plan to plan.

    Im testing right now and in Poland free plan almost always go to DUS, Pro to FRA (80%) or WAW (20%), Business always to WAW. Pretty consistent.

  • So everyone's apparently ignoring Cloudfront, even after AWS providing 1TB/Month for free...

    Thanked by 1xms
  • aj_potcaj_potc Member
    edited August 13

    @niranjan said:
    So everyone's apparently ignoring Cloudfront, even after AWS providing 1TB/Month for free...

    Why is it as good as or better than Cloudflare?

    EDIT: Looking at any AWS product's pricing details makes my eyes glaze over. To know how much I'll pay, I need to know the monthly data volume, number of client requests, and number of cache invalidations I'll be requesting, among other things. And the costs differ per region, if I'm reading it correctly. Yikes.

    Thanked by 1gzz
Sign In or Register to comment.